Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mayweather/McGregor Fight Shown in Town/Clee?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 267 Guests

Mayweather/McGregor Fight Shown in Town/Clee?

This thread currently has 2,939 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Grim74
August 26, 2017, 12:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
As a boxing fan I would like to see mayweather absolutely embarrass megreggor, will be a good for boxing.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
Rick12
August 26, 2017, 1:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Grim74
As a boxing fan I would like to see mayweather absolutely embarrass megreggor, will be a good for boxing.
What I like about Floyd is he lives a clean life with regards to the physical side eg doesnt smoke or drink to excess and is dedicated to the sport.Likewise have never seen him photographed with a  cigar unlike McGregregor . Hate smoking so much especially after the suffering Ive seen in hospitals with people who suffer from lung problems through no fault of their own eg just unlucky genes.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
Marinerz93
August 26, 2017, 1:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Heart wants McGregor to chase down and knock out Mayweather but my head says Mayweather will do what he is best at running around and using the ref to slow the fight down then after the 3 rounds when Mayweather has worked out McGregor will start winning on points, and in the later rounds McGregor will tire and the fight could be stopped in favour of Mayweather.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
Rick12
August 26, 2017, 1:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93
Heart wants McGregor to chase down and knock out Mayweather but my head says Mayweather will do what he is best at running around and using the ref to slow the fight down then after the 3 rounds when Mayweather has worked out McGregor will start winning on points, and in the later rounds McGregor will tire and the fight could be stopped in favour of Mayweather.
Love Mayweather as a boxer.The epitome of excellence with regards to the technical side and baring Sugar Ray Robinson probably my favourite boxer

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
cmackenzie4
August 26, 2017, 2:19pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Grim74

Me too Tone, imagine if Floyd lost, we'd never hear the end of it.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
Maringer
August 26, 2017, 2:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
You'd expect Mayweather to win comfortably in a boxing ring in the same way McGregor would win comfortably in MMA.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
Rick12
August 27, 2017, 6:45am
Vodka Drinker
Good fight to listen on the radio.Surprised Connor lasted until the 10th respect.Interesting to listen to the fighters after the bell in that Mayweather had a game plan .Early rounds weather the storm and then come on strong later  in the fight.

Mayweather what  a career .And to consider the incredibly hard background he has come from .Huge respect and admiration for him in not letting that talent go to waste  .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
Marinerz93
August 27, 2017, 2:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from Rick12
Good fight to listen on the radio.Surprised Connor lasted until the 10th respect.Interesting to listen to the fighters after the bell in that Mayweather had a game plan .Early rounds weather the storm and then come on strong later  in the fight.

Mayweather what  a career .And to consider the incredibly hard background he has come from .Huge respect and admiration for him in not letting that talent go to waste  .

Previous fights I've seen of Mayweather I wasn't impressed and found his defensive way boring, I didn't like it as it was too defensive, I do however have much more respect for the way he fought last night, going forward like he did. As said he will weight him up then wear him down, McGregor lasting longer once he started blowing than I thought he would.

The fight should never had gone a head in the first place because McGregor didn't earn the right to fight Mayweather and he must have drunk off all those he jumped ahead of, one of those he jumped ahead of having 8 out 8 wins, McGregor with 0. When I saw McGregor blowing in the 4th it was a sign he would be lucky to make it to the 12th round. I know the ref stopped the fight to protect McGregor as he wasn't defending himself so I would have prefered Mayweather to knock out him to make it a clear win, leaving McGregor no way to claim he was ok. Also the ring side team should have told McGregor he wasn't hurting Mayweather and told him to go for it as he would end up losing on points the way the fight was going after the 6th round.

I doubt Mayweather will ever step into the Octogon because he would lose no doubt but as a boxing / mix martial arts respect, you came into my world I'll go into your world. That would be amazing, at the end of the day I am very happy boxing won as I grew up with boxing as a lad but would love to see Mayweather do as McGregor did for a rematch.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
Rick12
August 27, 2017, 4:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

The fight should never had gone a head in the first place because McGregor didn't earn the right to fight Mayweather and he must have drunk off all those he jumped ahead of, one of those he jumped ahead of having 8 out 8 wins, McGregor with 0.

Like Amir Khan .Feel sorry for him as I have always liked him as a boxer and as a person.Gave a good account of himself as well up until the punch that knocked him out against Saul Alvarez

Quoted from Marinerz93

I doubt Mayweather will ever step into the Octogon because he would lose no doubt but as a boxing / mix martial arts respect, you came into my world I'll go into your world. That would be amazing, at the end of the day I am very happy boxing won as I grew up with boxing as a lad but would love to see Mayweather do as McGregor did for a rematch.
McGregor would destroy Floyd.Of that Iam almost certain  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mayweather/McGregor Fight Shown in Town/Clee?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.