Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: gtfckyle, August 24, 2017, 10:30am
Anyone seen anywhere showing the fight on Sunday morning around Town/Clee?

I've seen nothing so far!
Posted by: Maringer, August 24, 2017, 2:14pm; Reply: 1
I think you forgot to include the inverted commas around the word, 'fight'.

Has Mayweather decided which round he's going to win in yet?
Posted by: gtfckyle, August 24, 2017, 4:04pm; Reply: 2
Personally don't think we'll see a knock down at all but I see way in which McGregor can win... Anyway, just seen the Parity have it on in Town!
Posted by: Rick12, August 24, 2017, 4:16pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Maringer
I think you forgot to include the inverted commas around the word, 'fight'.

Has Mayweather decided which round he's going to win in yet?
Hope Mayweather wins .Should be a interesting one though to watch.Looking forward to it.

Posted by: Maringer, August 24, 2017, 6:00pm; Reply: 4
The only way McGregor can win is if Mayweather slips and gets caught by a haymaker. It's not happened to him yet in his career so seems unlikely.

You're probably right that a Mayweather win wouldn't be by knock out. Probably just accumulate the points and rounds as usual.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 24, 2017, 6:04pm; Reply: 5
Conor is a tough kid and can mix it with anybody in his weight category, he has a punching chance and is no mug but this is boxing and  Floyd is the master at not being hit, Canelo, Pacquiao and Hatton couldn't do it and I doubt Conor will either but you never know though, Floyd is forty now so age may have caught up with him but I doubt it.

You have to admit Conor has got some balls to enter that ring against one of the best there has ever been and someone who has beat them all, five times world champion at different weight classes

Floyd to tire Conor out and win by the 6th (stoppage)
Posted by: Grim74, August 24, 2017, 8:06pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Conor is a tough kid and can mix it with anybody in his weight category, he has a punching chance and is no mug but this is boxing and  Floyd is the master at not being hit, Canelo, Pacquiao and Hatton couldn't do it and I doubt Conor will either but you never know though, Floyd is forty now so age may have caught up with him but I doubt it.

You have to admit Conor has got some balls to enter that ring against one of the best there has ever been and someone who has beat them all, five times world champion at different weight classes

Floyd to tire Conor out and win by the 6th (stoppage)

Can't argue with the assessment Chris, mayweather is absolutely the master in the ring,for me and on paper it's reallya no contest, unless megreggor gets lucky.

Will I be watching it no! The cynic in me says it's just a business deal between 2 multi millionaires taking joe public for a ride, I would of given this fight more credit if megreggor had at least taken on good warm up opponent.

As for having balls I think even us two would be back in the gym training tomorrow for that kind of money. ( prob get in with floyd now for £5000 kids costing me a fortune😀 roll on septemtember)
Posted by: topuphere666, August 25, 2017, 10:03pm; Reply: 7
Floyd is a fair bit older than CM and hasn't been in the ring for a while. But I will be massively surprised if CM wins. Early night for me and an even earlier wake up on Sunday.
Posted by: Rick12, August 26, 2017, 6:46am; Reply: 8
Quoted from topuphere666
Floyd is a fair bit older than CM and hasn't been in the ring for a while. But I will be massively surprised if CM wins. Early night for me and an even earlier wake up on Sunday.
They reckon the fight will start around 5am .  ;)

Wished I had Sky as would love to watch this one legitimately . Dont like them dodgy streams that sometimes people choose eg quality is rubbish and buffers.Would rather pay full whack and watch it legitimately whilst also supporting the industry  

Still a student so cant afford the fight via sky
Posted by: Mendonca1995, August 26, 2017, 7:56am; Reply: 9
Come on Connor take this money obsessed cocky bas*ar*ds head off can't stand him
Posted by: Grim74, August 26, 2017, 12:38pm; Reply: 10
As a boxing fan I would like to see mayweather absolutely embarrass megreggor, will be a good for boxing.
Posted by: Rick12, August 26, 2017, 1:09pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Grim74
As a boxing fan I would like to see mayweather absolutely embarrass megreggor, will be a good for boxing.
What I like about Floyd is he lives a clean life with regards to the physical side eg doesnt smoke or drink to excess and is dedicated to the sport.Likewise have never seen him photographed with a  cigar unlike McGregregor . Hate smoking so much especially after the suffering Ive seen in hospitals with people who suffer from lung problems through no fault of their own eg just unlucky genes.
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 26, 2017, 1:12pm; Reply: 12
Heart wants McGregor to chase down and knock out Mayweather but my head says Mayweather will do what he is best at running around and using the ref to slow the fight down then after the 3 rounds when Mayweather has worked out McGregor will start winning on points, and in the later rounds McGregor will tire and the fight could be stopped in favour of Mayweather.
Posted by: Rick12, August 26, 2017, 1:32pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Marinerz93
Heart wants McGregor to chase down and knock out Mayweather but my head says Mayweather will do what he is best at running around and using the ref to slow the fight down then after the 3 rounds when Mayweather has worked out McGregor will start winning on points, and in the later rounds McGregor will tire and the fight could be stopped in favour of Mayweather.
Love Mayweather as a boxer.The epitome of excellence with regards to the technical side and baring Sugar Ray Robinson probably my favourite boxer

Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 26, 2017, 2:19pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Grim74

Me too Tone, imagine if Floyd lost, we'd never hear the end of it.
Posted by: Maringer, August 26, 2017, 2:19pm; Reply: 15
You'd expect Mayweather to win comfortably in a boxing ring in the same way McGregor would win comfortably in MMA.
Posted by: Rick12, August 27, 2017, 6:45am; Reply: 16
Good fight to listen on the radio.Surprised Connor lasted until the 10th respect.Interesting to listen to the fighters after the bell in that Mayweather had a game plan .Early rounds weather the storm and then come on strong later  in the fight.

Mayweather what  a career .And to consider the incredibly hard background he has come from .Huge respect and admiration for him in not letting that talent go to waste  .
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 27, 2017, 2:48pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Rick12
Good fight to listen on the radio.Surprised Connor lasted until the 10th respect.Interesting to listen to the fighters after the bell in that Mayweather had a game plan .Early rounds weather the storm and then come on strong later  in the fight.

Mayweather what  a career .And to consider the incredibly hard background he has come from .Huge respect and admiration for him in not letting that talent go to waste  .

Previous fights I've seen of Mayweather I wasn't impressed and found his defensive way boring, I didn't like it as it was too defensive, I do however have much more respect for the way he fought last night, going forward like he did. As said he will weight him up then wear him down, McGregor lasting longer once he started blowing than I thought he would.

The fight should never had gone a head in the first place because McGregor didn't earn the right to fight Mayweather and he must have drunk off all those he jumped ahead of, one of those he jumped ahead of having 8 out 8 wins, McGregor with 0. When I saw McGregor blowing in the 4th it was a sign he would be lucky to make it to the 12th round. I know the ref stopped the fight to protect McGregor as he wasn't defending himself so I would have prefered Mayweather to knock out him to make it a clear win, leaving McGregor no way to claim he was ok. Also the ring side team should have told McGregor he wasn't hurting Mayweather and told him to go for it as he would end up losing on points the way the fight was going after the 6th round.

I doubt Mayweather will ever step into the Octogon because he would lose no doubt but as a boxing / mix martial arts respect, you came into my world I'll go into your world. That would be amazing, at the end of the day I am very happy boxing won as I grew up with boxing as a lad but would love to see Mayweather do as McGregor did for a rematch.
Posted by: Rick12, August 27, 2017, 4:04pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Marinerz93

The fight should never had gone a head in the first place because McGregor didn't earn the right to fight Mayweather and he must have drunk off all those he jumped ahead of, one of those he jumped ahead of having 8 out 8 wins, McGregor with 0.

Like Amir Khan .Feel sorry for him as I have always liked him as a boxer and as a person.Gave a good account of himself as well up until the punch that knocked him out against Saul Alvarez

Quoted from Marinerz93

I doubt Mayweather will ever step into the Octogon because he would lose no doubt but as a boxing / mix martial arts respect, you came into my world I'll go into your world. That would be amazing, at the end of the day I am very happy boxing won as I grew up with boxing as a lad but would love to see Mayweather do as McGregor did for a rematch.
McGregor would destroy Floyd.Of that Iam almost certain  ;)

Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 8:15pm