headingly_mariner
August 23, 2017, 10:10am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Maybe he wanted a move away? didn't like the way slade worked? who knows...

He's been on compassionate leave. So that would suggest something not particularly nice has happened within is family and he's needed some time to deal with it. I think compassionate leave is a fair explanation for a long absence and the club have obviously not released any further info due to it being a personal issue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
jimgtfc
August 23, 2017, 10:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,086
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from headingly_mariner

He's been on compassionate leave. So that would suggest something not particularly nice has happened within is family and he's needed some time to deal with it. I think compassionate leave is a fair explanation for a long absence and the club have obviously not released any further info due to it being a personal issue.

Exactly Headingly Mariner. Where there's compassionate leave mentioned I don't think further questions should be asked, there's clearly a reason that not much detail has come out.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
ginnywings
August 23, 2017, 6:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from diehardmariner
Can understand the feeling that he's been frozen out. Both Clifton and McAllister have made the bench ahead of him despite only having returned to training very recently.

We've also heard very little from the club on his injury,
whereas we get regular updates on other injured players. I wonder if the 'not quite ready' line is referring to the issues he had in the summer.

A fit and firing Clements is key to us moving forward this season. We've no one in midfield capable of quickly turning the play over like he does.  We could also do with his goals!

Probably because he isn't injured. He missed a good chunk of pre season due to compassionate leave and the manager says he's not quite up to speed yet.

Can't see why that is him being frozen out/leaving/fell out with Slade etc etc.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
golfer
August 23, 2017, 7:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
People normally think of compassionate leave is for death of a loved one but not necessarily the case
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
Hertsmariner
August 23, 2017, 8:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
Don't like all this 'fake news', it's demeaning to the player. I doubt anyone on here knows anything about  his personal circumstances. As Ginny says, Slade has said having missed pre-season, Clements is not yet up to speed/fitness, but upcoming reserve matches will help him get there. I'd be much more concerned about McAllister and his U-turn (again a Slade quote) on the groin injury. Feel really sorry for the player-also a great loss to the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
gtfc98
August 23, 2017, 9:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from golfer
People normally think of compassionate leave is for death of a loved one but not necessarily the case

I think his mum passed away. Can't blame the lad for having more pressing priorities over the summer, sure he will be back in the team soon.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
denni266
August 24, 2017, 9:00am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Admin should remove this thread , its his personal life that has taken a knock  for some reason , nothing to do with us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clements

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.