Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, August 23, 2017, 8:05am
Appears frozen out?

Clifton made the bench last night despite not kicking a ball in preseason and McAlister was on the bench ahead of him last week (despite having to use a Zimmer frame to get there 🤕)

I know he was on compassionate leave but he's been back for a while now and doesn't appear anywhere near the 18.
Posted by: thevera, August 23, 2017, 8:13am; Reply: 1
He was mentioned by Slade as injured or not quite ready, certainly not frozen out
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 23, 2017, 8:21am; Reply: 2
Quoted from thevera
He was mentioned by Slade as injured or not quite ready, certainly not frozen out

And you just instantly believe him?

Something isn't right between Clements and Slade, its fairly obvious
Posted by: Maringer, August 23, 2017, 8:47am; Reply: 3
Why is it obvious? He started every game under Slade last season (I think) and hasn't be available this season due to compassionate leave/injury/lack of fitness.

What indicates there is a problem between the two?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 23, 2017, 9:03am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Maringer
Why is it obvious? He started every game under Slade last season (I think) and hasn't be available this season due to compassionate leave/injury/lack of fitness.

What indicates there is a problem between the two?

Maybe he wanted a move away? didn't like the way slade worked? who knows...
Posted by: barralad, August 23, 2017, 9:16am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Not that obvious then...
Posted by: Mariner93er, August 23, 2017, 9:37am; Reply: 6
Either way I think we need him.
Posted by: oochiad, August 23, 2017, 9:39am; Reply: 7
It's always what people think but don't reall know on here..........
Posted by: oochiad, August 23, 2017, 9:40am; Reply: 8
It's always what people think but don't reall know on here..........
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 23, 2017, 9:41am; Reply: 9
Can understand the feeling that he's been frozen out. Both Clifton and McAllister have made the bench ahead of him despite only having returned to training very recently.

We've also heard very little from the club on his injury, whereas we get regular updates on other injured players. I wonder if the 'not quite ready' line is referring to the issues he had in the summer.

A fit and firing Clements is key to us moving forward this season. We've no one in midfield capable of quickly turning the play over like he does.  We could also do with his goals!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 23, 2017, 10:10am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

He's been on compassionate leave. So that would suggest something not particularly nice has happened within is family and he's needed some time to deal with it. I think compassionate leave is a fair explanation for a long absence and the club have obviously not released any further info due to it being a personal issue.
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 23, 2017, 10:19am; Reply: 11
Quoted from headingly_mariner

He's been on compassionate leave. So that would suggest something not particularly nice has happened within is family and he's needed some time to deal with it. I think compassionate leave is a fair explanation for a long absence and the club have obviously not released any further info due to it being a personal issue.

Exactly Headingly Mariner. Where there's compassionate leave mentioned I don't think further questions should be asked, there's clearly a reason that not much detail has come out.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 23, 2017, 6:59pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from diehardmariner
Can understand the feeling that he's been frozen out. Both Clifton and McAllister have made the bench ahead of him despite only having returned to training very recently.

We've also heard very little from the club on his injury,
whereas we get regular updates on other injured players. I wonder if the 'not quite ready' line is referring to the issues he had in the summer.

A fit and firing Clements is key to us moving forward this season. We've no one in midfield capable of quickly turning the play over like he does.  We could also do with his goals!

Probably because he isn't injured. He missed a good chunk of pre season due to compassionate leave and the manager says he's not quite up to speed yet.

Can't see why that is him being frozen out/leaving/fell out with Slade etc etc.....
Posted by: golfer, August 23, 2017, 7:43pm; Reply: 13
People normally think of compassionate leave is for death of a loved one but not necessarily the case
Posted by: Hertsmariner, August 23, 2017, 8:20pm; Reply: 14
Don't like all this 'fake news', it's demeaning to the player. I doubt anyone on here knows anything about  his personal circumstances. As Ginny says, Slade has said having missed pre-season, Clements is not yet up to speed/fitness, but upcoming reserve matches will help him get there. I'd be much more concerned about McAllister and his U-turn (again a Slade quote) on the groin injury. Feel really sorry for the player-also a great loss to the team.
Posted by: gtfc98, August 23, 2017, 9:02pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from golfer
People normally think of compassionate leave is for death of a loved one but not necessarily the case

I think his mum passed away. Can't blame the lad for having more pressing priorities over the summer, sure he will be back in the team soon.
Posted by: denni266, August 24, 2017, 9:00am; Reply: 16
Admin should remove this thread , its his personal life that has taken a knock  for some reason , nothing to do with us
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 3:57pm