promotion plaice
August 13, 2017, 4:25pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

I'll get me coat................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPLk5mJ1D4

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
Abdul19
August 13, 2017, 10:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Been rubbish since it went all seater

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
grimps
August 14, 2017, 8:42am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,120
Gold Stars: 46
Yeh osmond stand has got the acoustics , The pontoon has always been crap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
RichMariner
August 14, 2017, 11:52am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Let's be honest - when we watch the Mariners at an away game, we travel more in hope than expectation.

I think the opposite is true at home.

We all know how poor Coventry were last season, and even though they won 3-0 last week I think most of us turned up on Saturday expecting a good performance at the very least, if not a win or draw.

But then my dad will say, in his day, the mentality was different. Fans still expected the team to perform strongly at home but it was more about making BP as intimidating as possible for everyone connected to the visiting side.

I feel that this side of football has been lost. BP might be an old, traditional ground, but new grounds popping up all over the country has no doubt made a difference.

They all look the same and they've lost a bit of their identity. I certainly wouldn't be intimidated as a fan (or hypothetically as a player) visiting the likes of Colchester, Morecambe or even Shrewsbury in the league above.

None of these clubs have fans known for pulling the ball into the goal.

I still think we can get BP rocking but it takes a set of specific circumstances to make that happen.

I know the players are meant to give us something to shout about, but I've always believed that it's the fans that need to get the team going first as that's how it traditionally used to work.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › atmosphere

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.