Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coventry away fans
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 243 Guests

Coventry away fans

This thread currently has 42,741 views. Print
27 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
August 14, 2017, 8:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,493
Gold Stars: 185
So, it's the middle of August, half-way through the school summer holidays. Now, I wonder why we might have had a few less fans than you might expect at other times of the year? The clue is in the word following "school" and "summer".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 264
KingstonMariner
August 14, 2017, 9:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barralad

Can I point out for the sake of clarity that the role of SLO is a GTFC position not one controlled by The Mariners Trust.

Thanks for the clarification. But if the role is to liaise with supporters (and K does it very well when consulted) it doesn't matter who controls it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 264
LH
August 14, 2017, 9:02pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,504
Gold Stars: 173
I seem to remember us being shite for the majority of our time in the Conference but our numbers didn't drop off. We'll see how hardy these new found fans are this time next year if you've had an average to shite season. It's a shame we're unlikely to see a drop in match by match figures this season as they can always fall back on those numbers.

Of course he's an ex pongo  
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 264
KingstonMariner
August 14, 2017, 9:03pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Addendum to the Safety Certificate issued by North East Lincolnshire Council to Grimsby Town Football Club.

The following temporary condition is being applied by the Council in respect of the football match scheduled to take place at Blundell Park on Saturday 12th August 2017 between Grimsby Town FC and Coventry City FC.

“The Council supports the fixture taking place under the stewardship of the Club subject to the following condition:

As a condition of the safety certificate the capacity for this fixture be reduced through no further sales of tickets to away fans (Coventry) with immediate effect and a 20% reduction in capacity for home fans.”

Signed on behalf of North East Lincolnshire Council

Helen Isaacs

Director of Governance, Democracy and Community Engagement,

North East Lincolnshire Council Municipal Offices, Grimsby, DN31 1HU

Dated  11th August 2017

Thanks for posting this. Can't believe the club have still said nothing.

As for Ms Isaacs job title. Not much evidence of community engagement in this instance!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 264
Grim74
August 14, 2017, 9:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Wait until winter with Lincoln hovering around mid table and getting less than 5000 crowds, now that will be so funny.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 264
GYinScuntland
August 14, 2017, 9:15pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Civvy at last

Steve,

You were unpopular in the army. You're unpopular with the decent Lincoln fans and you're starting to look a tw@t on here.
You've had your dig now would you awfully mind bugggering off until we actually play you.

Ta

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 264
forza ivano
August 14, 2017, 9:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Civvy at last

Steve,

You were unpopular in the army. You're unpopular with the decent Lincoln fans and you're starting to look a tw@t on here.
You've had your dig now would you awfully mind bugggering off until we actually play you.

Ta

Is this an example of what young people or da yoof would call being 'owned'?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 264
Lincspoacher
August 14, 2017, 10:17pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +303
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Thanks for posting this. Can't believe the club have still said nothing.

As for Ms Isaacs job title. Not much evidence of community engagement in this instance!

Bit of internet searching to establish that All clubs have to sign an agreement with local police re charges for any police inside ground each season at start of season.

I'm told we have not signed ours yet.

Any charge for police inside ground set nationally, this led to reduction in capacity from council on safety grounds.

if club don't sign, no police provided inside ground like Saturday.

Lincoln at home - no police inside? Capacity will be 100!

What we playing at?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 264
KingstonMariner
August 14, 2017, 10:40pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Lincspoacher

Bit of internet searching to establish that All clubs have to sign an agreement with local police re charges for any police inside ground each season at start of season.

Any charge for police inside ground set nationally, this led to reduction in capacity from council on safety grounds.

What we playing at?!

Are you saying the club has said nothing because it is embarrassed it hasn't signed?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 264
moosey_club
August 14, 2017, 10:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Lincspoacher

What we playing at?!

JF will be looking to minimise outlay and protect the business interests of the club....the key is ....How much do the police want for having officers inside the ground ?
If it is a disproportionate amount to the risk poised then why pay it ? Coventry will be one of 4 or 5 teams that could potentially sell out the away allocation...we lost potentially 450 (?) sales on Saturday with the reduction...x 4 or 5 games a year x 18 quid = circa 40k max over the season lost in income...if the police bill would equate to more than that then why sign upto it ?
Also considering that a reduced away support in theory gives their team less vocal support and us an improved chance of winning.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 264
27 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coventry away fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.