mariner91
July 10, 2017, 12:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,643
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from towncryer
Yeah and you were exactly the same when you were crap. There is always a hardcore of fans who go what ever whether your lincoln gy scunts or whoever.
One thing that will never change and that is football is cyclical, you have your good times and bad times. We had an incredible season last year hence over 6000 season ticket holders this season in our first season back but we are not stupid or deluded or saying we are going to do this that or the other. The vast majority of city fans still have the memories of the previous 5 seasons to last season fresh in their minds and will not be getting to carried away. We do know though, that in the Cowleys we have got two special football managers who are going to go far in the game.  Hopefully  our board can match their ambition and we can hang on to them long enough to see how far they can take us.

Except they don't because the 2000-2500 of you that bothered to turn up for 90% of the last six years make roughly a third of your season ticket sales.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 59
Impish2
July 10, 2017, 9:09am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from ginnywings

Only Helgy stuck around this site and gets kudos.

That's not true, I have been registered on here for about 5 years, but suddenly it wouldn't let me post on here before, only read the threads.  Being back in the same league as you made me do a bit of digging so I asked the site admin if I could be re-instated. I know helgy too, he is a decent bloke, bleeds red and white and does a lot of fund raising for the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 59
ginnywings
July 10, 2017, 9:17am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,124
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Impish2

That's not true, I have been registered on here for about 5 years, but suddenly it wouldn't let me post on here before, only read the threads.  Being back in the same league as you made me do a bit of digging so I asked the site admin if I could be re-instated. I know helgy too, he is a decent bloke, bleeds red and white and does a lot of fund raising for the club.

But just decided to start posting to tell us how many season tickets you have sold. The last time we had an influx of Imps was when we got relegated to non league. Didn't post much when you got relegated though.

Hey, good for you, you had a great season and have sold a load of season tickets. Hurrah!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 59
Impish2
July 10, 2017, 9:30am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from ginnywings

But just decided to start posting to tell us how many season tickets you have sold. The last time we had an influx of Imps was when we got relegated to non league. Didn't post much when you got relegated though.

Hey, good for you, you had a great season and have sold a load of season tickets. Hurrah!

No, I couldn't post before because it wouldn't let me but have been registered on here for years when we were playing terrible, hence losing the bet when I donated money to the DIana hospital children's ward, anyone remember me?

I don't think I have posted anything about bigging up our ST sales unless responding to what anyone else has mentioned before.

The reason I posted after being accepted back was because of certain people posting excrement about us only having one very quiet MB, when that's not true!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 59
grimsby pete
July 10, 2017, 9:44am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
We took 30,000 to Wembley once,

Where have they gone ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 59
ginnywings
July 10, 2017, 9:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,124
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Impish2

No, I couldn't post before because it wouldn't let me but have been registered on here for years when we were playing terrible, hence losing the bet when I donated money to the DIana hospital children's ward, anyone remember me?

I don't think I have posted anything about bigging up our ST sales unless responding to what anyone else has mentioned before.

The reason I posted after being accepted back was because of certain people posting excrement about us only having one very quiet MB, when that's not true!  

OK, fair enough. Welcome back and all that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 59
promotion plaice
July 11, 2017, 4:28pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Renewed my season ticket yesterday.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 59
rancido
July 11, 2017, 5:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from towncryer
Over 6000 season tickets for us including our junior Imps sectionat the moment . It's true we are on a roll after last season and our first season back in the league for 6 seasons but it's no denying  that is an impressive amount in League 2.
In fact when we have to give up the Stacey West Stand to away fans which will happen in probably half our home games there will be a very limited number of pay on the day tickets.

Well my Dad is bigger than your Dad and he's a policeman as well !!!!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 59
oldun
July 15, 2017, 5:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Early bird tickets finished at 5pm today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 59
headingly_mariner
July 15, 2017, 5:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from oldun
Early bird tickets finished at 5pm today.

They never finish till the start of the season. They always get extended
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2100 season tickets sold

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.