Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Owt 'appened?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 291 Guests

Owt 'appened?

This thread currently has 7,127 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
July 1, 2017, 9:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
What were your holiday highlights from the magic of Skye mate? Welcome back.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 39
July 1, 2017, 10:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimsby pete
Halfway through the season ticket reduction period and we have just over 1,000 holders

114 new ones,

Expecting a big surge when we sign a striker.

Can't wait to renew. Just waiting for us to offer our player of the years a contract extension in Januaryish, before their contract expires and they have to apply for agency work at a docks fish factory.

Funnily enough, I'd expect them or their agents to sort a deal out way before Mr Magnay, Mr Amond (just the 37 goals, but against pub teams), or the admittedly mere left back's contract is up and can leave on Bosman's.

Tell you what, let's allow an absolute stalwart of the club to leave on a free transfer, a bloke that would run through walls for you, and would lead through the middle. And let's let him leave and be replaced by a 34 year old, who will partner a 36 year old, with a 36 year old mate at full back (Mills may have something to say).
Reply: 11 - 39
HertsGTFC
July 1, 2017, 11:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
I take it BP will beVicar less next season?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 39
promotion plaice
July 1, 2017, 11:18pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from grimsby pete
Halfway through the season ticket reduction period and we have just over 1,000 holders

114 new ones,

Expecting a big surge when we sign a striker.

And that's where the problem lies, a proven goalscorer at this level is holding back the season ticket sales.

It's not rocket science.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 39
ginnywings
July 1, 2017, 11:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chaos33
What were your holiday highlights from the magic of Skye mate? Welcome back.

Thanks.

The Isle of Harris was the highlight for me. Skye is stunning but a bit too commercial for us, with overseas tourists everywhere by the busload. The Cuillins were a site to behold when we drove down from Uig to Luib where our cottage was situated. The Quirang and Trotternish peninsula was awesome but again, there were so many people there, we couldn't find anywhere to park. We have said we need to go back earlier or later in the year. For a smallish Island, it has a lot of spectacular scenery.

Plockton was the same when we drove over to the mainland. Stunning place but coachloads of tourists arriving all the time. Would recommend Harris and Lewis if you want the scenery without the crowds. The beaches in particular are indescribable and look more like you would get in the Caribbean.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 39
KingstonMariner
July 2, 2017, 12:55am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

Plockton was the same when we drove over to the mainland. Stunning place but coachloads of tourists arriving all the time.

That's down to bloody Les shouting his mouth off about it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 39
ginnywings
July 2, 2017, 9:10am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner

That's down to bloody Les shouting his mouth off about it.

Les' endorsement was one of the reasons we went.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 39
July 2, 2017, 9:46am
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I take it BP will beVicar less next season?

Indeed mate. I don't see any evidence the club is actively trying to win promotion.
Reply: 17 - 39
Madeleymariner
July 2, 2017, 10:30am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
October is a great time to go the West Highlands, in a week we have had everything from 28degree bright sunshine, days without rain, to overnight frosts and a day of snow, but no midges and not many tourists, just walkers. The local football teams are rubbish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 39
moosey_club
July 2, 2017, 11:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from ginnywings

Thanks.

The Isle of Harris was the highlight for me. Skye is stunning but a bit too commercial for us, with overseas tourists everywhere by the busload. The Cuillins were a site to behold when we drove down from Uig to Luib where our cottage was situated. The Quirang and Trotternish peninsula was awesome but again, there were so many people there, we couldn't find anywhere to park. We have said we need to go back earlier or later in the year. For a smallish Island, it has a lot of spectacular scenery.

Plockton was the same when we drove over to the mainland. Stunning place but coachloads of tourists arriving all the time. Would recommend Harris and Lewis if you want the scenery without the crowds. The beaches in particular are indescribable and look more like you would get in the Caribbean.

Man goes on holiday and complains about the holidaymakers...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Owt 'appened?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.