4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Mariner_09
July 4, 2017, 10:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I'm not even sure Clements is any better than him. He still gives the ball away too cheaply, scores more goals though.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
KingstonMariner
July 4, 2017, 11:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete

Well I agree with your post because ???????  

Now you're just being deliberately provocative. How dare you agree with me.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
diehardmariner
July 5, 2017, 9:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Mariner_09
I'm not even sure Clements is any better than him. He still gives the ball away too cheaply, scores more goals though.

Really?

Clements is very tidy, keeps things moving at pace and has a degree of positional sense about him.  As you said chips in with a fair share of goals too.

Summerfield on the hand has a habit of getting in the way of the play, slowing it down and then often gives the ball away.

Unfortunately Summerfield was just a bad signing, simple as.  Can't fault his effort but with the options we have in central midfield this season, he shouldn't be anywhere near that starting eleven.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
acko338
July 5, 2017, 10:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
Whatever the players did last season under the 2 previous managers will now be under scrutiny from the new manager and after a period of fitness training designed to give them every chance to push for a 1st team place.

Russell Slade will have his tactics and players ready for slotting into positions, and will hopefully give all signed players an equal crack of the whip to impress him and Wilko.

Personally, I am hoping for an injury free season for McAllister, as he could be a major player for us this year if kept fit, and I'd like to see if Yussuf can progress from frequent non selections last year.

Holding back Asante until fully fit could be like having a new signing, and if his potential as a replacement for Omar Bogle comes anywhere near fruition, then we could have another future saleable asset.

Those who do not match Slade's requirements need to be moved on, loaned out, whatever is needed.

New broom sweeps clean and we all move on to this new season and squad of players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
Mariner_09
July 5, 2017, 11:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Sadly I don't see Asante as a saleable asset, he's only got one year left on his deal and even of he were to keep himself fit and he scored a shed load of goals, he walk away for free at the end of his contract

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
Swansea_Mariner
July 5, 2017, 7:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
I just don't know what the deal is with Yussef, and I'm unsure that Slade will give him a go as he was fit at the back end of the season but never got a look in, even though Slade said everyone would have a chance.

I can't even recall Slade using his name once.

Perhaps he's an epically bad trainer or something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
rancido
July 7, 2017, 6:33am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from blundellpork

Maxwell and Gunning?

I saw Maxwell play in a reserve game and I thought he was quite decent. Gunning was brought in as a centre-back so he was hardly a mid-fielder.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
Garth
July 7, 2017, 6:41am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from rancido

I saw Maxwell play in a reserve game and I thought he was quite decent. Gunning was brought in as a centre-back so he was hardly a mid-fielder.

Gunning was hardly anything but a car crash waiting to happen, certainly not a Slade type character
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vernon, Summerfield, Berrett etc

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.