grimsby pete
June 24, 2017, 10:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Good signing so its not Knott then.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 58
lukeo
June 24, 2017, 11:04am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Good signing for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 58
Garth
June 24, 2017, 11:24am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from grimsby pete
Good signing so its not Knott then.

Noooooooooo it's not Knot, Knots not happening not yet, and I care not anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 58
Marinerz93
June 24, 2017, 11:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
A good player with experience and leadership qualities, nice to see as he won't be cheap, maybe an indication we are spending a bit more on wages to bring the right players in.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 58
devs
June 24, 2017, 1:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
I honestly feel that in Collins and Clarke we have a potentially very good partnership
Not the fastest but neither was Bobby Moore!
They have 5 yards of pace in their heads - snuff things out before they happen

Loved Shaun to bits - top man and top player - but Slade and Wilko will have thought "if we want to challenge next year" is Shaun a first team centre half?

The fact he's ended up at non league Wrexham is revealing IMO

Left back, one more centre half and a quality striker and I think we are home and dry... oh and another 5 or 6 midfielders

Getting excited now about the squad - it will be more competitive I think than last season and we did really well IMO

I can see us being no nonsense solid at the back; busy, combative, pacy and skilful in midfield; and the icing would be a top notch L2 standard striker along with what we have

Top 7 sorted!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 58
Garth
June 24, 2017, 1:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from devs
I honestly feel that in Collins and Clarke we have a potentially very good partnership

Loved Shaun to bits - top man and top player - but Slade and Wilko will have thought "if we want to challenge next year" is Shaun a first team centre half?

The fact he's ended up at non league Wrexham is revealing IMO

Left back, one more centre half and a quality striker and I think we are home and dry... oh and another 5 or 6 midfielders

Getting excited now about the squad - it will be more competitive I think than last season and we did really well IMO

I can see us being no nonsense solid at the back; busy, combative, pacy and skilful in midfield; and the icing would be a top notch L2 standard striker along with what we have

Top 7 sorted!

Hope we push the boat out for Nicky Maynard
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 58
devs
June 24, 2017, 2:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
Agree Garth
Or a couple like that!

Back sound as a pound
Midfield mix of attack dogs and skill
Two 100mph wingers
Two top notch up top

Job done
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 58
lukeo
June 24, 2017, 3:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I never complain and I'm patient but I really want and would love to see us sign either a very experienced striker or a well known up and coming striker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 58
rancido
June 24, 2017, 3:59pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from devs

The   fact he's ended up at non league Wrexham is revealing IMO

Top 7 sorted!

All it reveals to me is that Wrexham offered Sean a good deal that suited him and rather than play the waiting game he made a quick decision.
You point out we need another centre-half who I would presume would be a back-up to Collins and Clarke. If that is the case then why let Pearson go as he has demonstrated in the past that he will fight for his place, would certainly learn from Collins and Clarke and has constantly improved since he came. Also , if Nathan is the answer to our centre-half problem in pushing for promotion then why sign him for only 12 months?
Obviously anything said about Sean going is secondary because he has gone but I feel there is more than a smattering of " engineering " been done by releasing Pearson to bring in a potential  "favourite" of Slade.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 58
MuddyWaters
June 24, 2017, 4:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from rancido

All it reveals to me is that Wrexham offered Sean a good deal that suited him and rather than play the waiting game he made a quick decision.
You point out we need another centre-half who I would presume would be a back-up to Collins and Clarke. If that is the case then why let Pearson go as he has demonstrated in the past that he will fight for his place, would certainly learn from Collins and Clarke and has constantly improved since he came. Also , if Nathan is the answer to our centre-half problem in pushing for promotion then why sign him for only 12 months?
Obviously anything said about Sean going is secondary because he has gone but I feel there is more than a smattering of " engineering " been done by releasing Pearson to bring in a potential  "favourite" of Slade.

Slade's decision would have to have been whether Shaun was going to be first choice as Boyce was already contracted as a 'back up'. Shaun wasn't even first choice in promotion season and much as we loved his stepovers, he wasn't beyond a howler or two. Clarke and Collins have a proven record at higher levels and we already had Boyce.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nathan Clarke

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.