heppy88
May 31, 2017, 9:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Bigdog

Agree with Tommy, Cloudy, Ginny and Chaos..

Got to say I agree with Tommy, Cloudy, Ginny, Chaos and Bigdog.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 43
Hagrid
May 31, 2017, 9:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 534
I'll join in i agree with cloudy gunny chaos tommy bigdog and heppy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 43
Grantham_Mariner
May 31, 2017, 9:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Got to say that I do not always agree with 99agrant, AdSense, Baidu Spider, BartonianMariner, benny_the_docker, Bigdog, codcheeky, GYinScuntland, GyMariner, Hagrid, heppy88, I Hate Chris Hollins, joanie298, louth_in_the_south, Madeleymariner, Mariner1972, Tommy, Cloudy, Ginny, Chaos Bigdog, Mariner93er, Mikoo, Poojah, Swansea_Mariner, The Old Codger, thefish, TimmyMarshall, Yahoo! Bot, Zmariner and 116 Guests But I do agree with them sometimes.  

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 43
Mariner_09
May 31, 2017, 10:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Do we think he needs to try and ship Summerfield, Berrett and Yussuf out? I suppose he can try but whether budgets will allow is debatable.

Not sure he'll want shot of Berrett though, he was very good in the three games he played under Slade.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 43
HertsGTFC
May 31, 2017, 10:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Put it this way, if Hurst hadn't given Boyce a 2 year deal, Shaun Pearson would still be here.

Possibly,, and if he did not know that Collins will demand bigish money or 2 years to stay he may have kept Shaun too.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 43
HertsGTFC
May 31, 2017, 10:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09

I'd agree with that, plus if he hadn't given Summerfield and Berrett two years, Dis might still be here.

Or if Bignot had not signed Jones, Osborne and Clements and any other "player for the future" or bench warmers/Injury risk players like Asante & Yousef.......... Its the total wage bill that's the issue as well

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 43
Mariner_09
May 31, 2017, 10:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
True, I must say though, had Hurst stuck around I think we might have made the play offs, he had us very solid and difficult to beat plus we had some flair with Omar and he seemed to get more out of Vose than anybody else.

I think the majority of the players he signed were decent but there were perhaps too many "can do a job" players given 2 year deals.

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 43
HertsGTFC
May 31, 2017, 10:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09
Do we think he needs to try and ship Summerfield, Berrett and Yussuf out? I suppose he can try but whether budgets will allow is debatable.

Not sure he'll want shot of Berrett though, he was very good in the three games he played under Slade.

What you say makes no sense why would "budgets" stop us shipping players out? The only way it will impact on the cash flow is if we pay up their contracts.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 43
Mariner_09
May 31, 2017, 10:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
We'd have to pay players off, not their full contract probably but we'd need it's all money and we haven't got a bottomless pit.

Private Message
Reply: 38 - 43
HertsGTFC
May 31, 2017, 10:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09
We'd have to pay players off, not their full contract probably but we'd need it's all money and we haven't got a bottomless pit.

Or have very clear conversations about how much they will feature which will mean they will have to make themselves available for loan or face not playing next season.

If a Prem player sits in the reserves and picks up the wages for a few months he will still get another club as he will still have Prem on his CV and a decent profile etc... if a league 2 player does this he will face the realistic danger of never being seen again as lots of players look for clubs in windows and if your not playing your at a massive disadvantage. So if your not in a managers plans it makes sense with regard to your mid term career to go out on loan, a couple of good examples of this at GTFC in recent years are Nathan Arnold and Dom Vose.    

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaping up nicely

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.