5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
May 4, 2017, 7:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
flipping hell. All these people who knew all along that Ryan Bennett was crap. We must be a hotbed of footballing genius.

Just none of them must have been registered on the Fishy when he played for us cos I can't remember a bad word being said about him.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 42
bawarmy
May 4, 2017, 8:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,009
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I wouldn't be surprised if Doncaster try and go in for him, played under Darren Ferguson at Peterborough.

I heard he really didn't like Ferguson when he played there. Also, certainly not saying he's coming back but a bit like Ben Davies, his wife is a Grimsby girl and misses the area. Perhaps Scunts bound?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 42
Kris2
May 4, 2017, 8:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from sam gy
Only Town fans could think that the only player in recent times who has left us to go on and play in the top flight, isn't actually that good.  

Well we do have a load of fans who love a good moan about anything. He was a young talent when he was with us and was clearly going on to better things as we were hitting a downward spiral, you could feel the difference in defence when he went at a time when we seemed to struggle to get good defenders.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 42
Cloudy
May 6, 2017, 3:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from bawarmy

I heard he really didn't like Ferguson when he played there. Also, certainly not saying he's coming back but a bit like Ben Davies, his wife is a Grimsby girl and misses the area. Perhaps Scunts bound?

Is that right? I thought they split some time ago? Hope I am talking bollox
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 42
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 6, 2017, 4:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner
flipping hell. All these people who knew all along that Ryan Bennett was crap. We must be a hotbed of footballing genius.

Just none of them must have been registered on the Fishy when he played for us cos I can't remember a bad word being said about him.

We all have degrees in hindsight but to be fair Bennett's performances since leaving us haven't been top notch standard. He didn't tear up trees in the PL and this season he has had quite a lot of criticism.

Just one for instance, there's a bit here from the Norwich Evening News following the Leeds comeback from 3 - 0 down.

Chris Wood was slipping between a ball-watching Ryan Bennett and a dozing Dijks to get Leeds back into a game they should really have been out of.

Inevitably the defensive unit will be the main focus of the summer rebuilding exercise, as Tuesday’s list of released players indicated, There have been too many free headers on offer this season

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 42
cannylad68
May 7, 2017, 10:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
As I said earlier, Ryan doesn't man mark.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 42
dapperz fun pub
May 7, 2017, 1:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Mariner_501
Never saw the big deal in him, although I was obviously wrong as he's somehow played top flight football, albeit as probably the easiest defender the likes of Suarez, Tevez and Aguero have ever came up against

He played top flight footy cos he's a really talented lad the problem is he's never reached his potential in my eyes. Like in work sometimes your boss is a big influence on your career and how it goes, as for coming here the 15 k a week wages he's got used to probably say no chance of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 42
Rick12
May 7, 2017, 1:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

He played top flight footy cos he's a really talented lad the problem is he's never reached his potential in my eyes.  
Never saw him play but what others have told me was he had pace which predominantly made him ?

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 42
dapperz fun pub
May 7, 2017, 1:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Rick12
Never saw him play but what others have told me was he had pace which predominantly made him ?

Pacey good on the ball and athletic physique all the ingredients , whatever any one says he's made more money than most could dream of of
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 42
bluerose13x
May 7, 2017, 5:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Tall, athletic, good looking, I'd have him back as some eye candy in the squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ryan Bennett

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.