This thread currently has 7,010 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
April 29, 2017, 9:51pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
The best players on the pitch all had a Barnet shirt on. We had four central midfielders in the first half. Just because you play someone in a different position doesn't mean that he can just step into that role. If no wingers are available shouldn't we be playing 3-5-2?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 24
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2017, 10:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
There was one bit where despite having 4 central midfielders, we had no one near the ball in the centre. So it seems two were played out of position and two decided to play themselves out of position (maybe to cover others failings?).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
Madeleymariner
April 29, 2017, 10:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Shocking first half. How can a keeper be so out of position to be beaten by a soft floaty header from the edge of the box.
Bees simply passed and moved lots of little triangles down the flanks and 3-4 players with genuine pace and ability on the ball
Us hoof and hope we get a set piece, we looked like a poor mans Cheltenham today. At least the subs made a difference but it was still hoofball  only we had 3 players heads to aim at instead of one. And Im sorry hard as Dizza tried he was way off the pace for the first 60 mins and constantly halted any kind of momentum we had by taking too many touches(I await the red crosses). Osbourne never had a yard of space and I wont bother with my Davies bashing but he should be put out of our misery.
Players with credit Dyson and Tombola when they came on, Clements looking to actually pass the ball and dictate things, even coming back to his defenders to get on the ball (wasnt everyone saying earlier in the season we need someone who will do that) its not his fault that every time he looks up there is no movement in front of him. Thats 2 away games on the trot Slade has set us up to defend deep from the start and just hoof to the lone striker, Then realise when were 3 goals down he may have got it wrong. Basically any half organised team with a bit of pace or game plan is going to turn us over like this. I hope hes got some new ideas and players lined up for next season.
As for the fans and band, made the day enjoyable especially with a few inflateables snuck in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
headingly_mariner
April 29, 2017, 10:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Today just showed our complete lacking in width and pace. Got a bit of a hounding. It's a shame because other than that it was great
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
moosey_club
April 30, 2017, 12:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
What was the deal with Disley's celebration, or lack of?  He scores in front of the Town fans and no celebration just runs off. I know we was three down and that point but I would have expected something.  Does he not loves us anymore?

Maybe he had put Jones down as first scorer in the P.O.M  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.