Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Managerial Appointments............
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 247 Guests

Managerial Appointments............

This thread currently has 1,010 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
TheCodfather1966
April 11, 2017, 1:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
what a crazy football world it is, especially if you support the Mighty Mariners........    On one hand I applaud the Board for sacking Bignot who would clearly never have taken us forward.  On the other hand, if all of the speculation is true and Slade will be our new manager, aren't we surely risking the wrath of our GREAT fans once again.  If it is Slade, I will back him 100%, no question there, but this was still the manager who agreed to takeover Yeovil, even before a ball was kicked in the ill fated play off final in Cardiff.  Maybe he had his reasons , who knows.  This is a mighty gamble by the Board in my humble opinion, and personally if I had been the Board I would have probably swerved Slade and tried to tempt Adkins to give Town a shot, or even maybe tried to tempt Steve Evans to Town.  As much as I admire the Boards very quick and decisive action against Bignot, I cannot help thinking that we could be jumping straight out of the frying pan into the fire.  I do wish the Board would sometimes cast their net further when looking at new managers, and not dive in feet first.  We are safe this season and have time on our hands, use that time wisely.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
April 11, 2017, 1:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
We have no time. New manager needs to decide which players to keep or let go now, not in three months time.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
GollyGTFC
April 11, 2017, 1:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,957
Gold Stars: 356
Slade was out of contract. He had a mortgage and a family, why shouldn't he line up a new job as his old one comes to an end?
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 6
arryarryarry
April 11, 2017, 1:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
When was the last time we had a manager who didn't split opinion, even AB had his detractors.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
April 11, 2017, 1:15pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
Last one who got (almost) universal approval at the start was..erm...Bignot!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Sigone
April 11, 2017, 1:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5

Just goes to show..Fans no nothing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
arryarryarry
April 11, 2017, 1:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116

Erm, didn't last long.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Managerial Appointments............

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.