Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheCodfather1966, April 11, 2017, 1:03pm
what a crazy football world it is, especially if you support the Mighty Mariners........  :)  On one hand I applaud the Board for sacking Bignot who would clearly never have taken us forward.  On the other hand, if all of the speculation is true and Slade will be our new manager, aren't we surely risking the wrath of our GREAT fans once again.  If it is Slade, I will back him 100%, no question there, but this was still the manager who agreed to takeover Yeovil, even before a ball was kicked in the ill fated play off final in Cardiff.  Maybe he had his reasons , who knows.  This is a mighty gamble by the Board in my humble opinion, and personally if I had been the Board I would have probably swerved Slade and tried to tempt Adkins to give Town a shot, or even maybe tried to tempt Steve Evans to Town.  As much as I admire the Boards very quick and decisive action against Bignot, I cannot help thinking that we could be jumping straight out of the frying pan into the fire.  I do wish the Board would sometimes cast their net further when looking at new managers, and not dive in feet first.  We are safe this season and have time on our hands, use that time wisely.

UTM
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 11, 2017, 1:06pm; Reply: 1
We have no time. New manager needs to decide which players to keep or let go now, not in three months time.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 11, 2017, 1:07pm; Reply: 2
Slade was out of contract. He had a mortgage and a family, why shouldn't he line up a new job as his old one comes to an end?
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 11, 2017, 1:14pm; Reply: 3
When was the last time we had a manager who didn't split opinion, even AB had his detractors.
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, April 11, 2017, 1:15pm; Reply: 4
Last one who got (almost) universal approval at the start was..erm...Bignot!
Posted by: Sigone, April 11, 2017, 1:19pm; Reply: 5

Just goes to show..Fans no nothing
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 11, 2017, 1:30pm; Reply: 6

Erm, didn't last long.
Print page generated: May 8, 2024, 3:09am