March 20, 2017, 9:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from bluerose13x
Sturgeon.

Scotland have had their once in a generation referendum and voted to stay in the Union, come what may, take what  happens regardless of if it is good/bad, don't go asking for another referendum 1st thing that happens that you don't agree with.

....Being English, I'd vote to get rid of Scotland from the Union just to stop hearing from her...

I like that tweet by that Labour MP. There'd be some report about the Scottish economy needing 10 years to get on its feet again. She said, 10 years? That's about 4 generations.  

Yep, Sturgeon. Stirring up division again, when there are more important things to do. Typical nationalist.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
codcheeky
March 20, 2017, 10:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Cannot understand why so many nominated Sturgeon. The Scots voted to stay in Europe and see their future there.  The clue is in the name SNP.  They re never going to vote conservative as a country and that's the only realistic outcome of the next decade at the moment.. There are a lot smaller countries in the EU and maybe they have their eye on making Edinburgh a bigger banking city. May has made a mistake saying they can't have a referendum as it will only get their backs up.  Fully expect the break up of the Union, the Tories will split the UK apart but not to worry because the press will blame Corbyn
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
promotion plaice
March 20, 2017, 10:20pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from codcheeky
Cannot understand why so many nominated Sturgeon. The Scots voted to stay in Europe and see their future there.  The clue is in the name SNP.  They re never going to vote conservative as a country and that's the only realistic outcome of the next decade at the moment.. There are a lot smaller countries in the EU and maybe they have their eye on making Edinburgh a bigger banking city. May has made a mistake saying they can't have a referendum as it will only get their backs up.   Fully expect the break up of the Union, the Tories will split the UK apart but not to worry because the press will blame Corbyn

I could be wrong but I think what May is saying is.........How can Scotland realistically have a referendum before we have fully left the EU, they wouldn't know what they are voting for.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
Grim74
March 20, 2017, 10:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from codcheeky
Cannot understand why so many nominated Sturgeon. The Scots voted to stay in Europe and see their future there.  The clue is in the name SNP.  They re never going to vote conservative as a country and that's the only realistic outcome of the next decade at the moment.. There are a lot smaller countries in the EU and maybe they have their eye on making Edinburgh a bigger banking city. May has made a mistake saying they can't have a referendum as it will only get their backs up.  Fully expect the break up of the Union, the Tories will split the UK apart but not to worry because the press will blame Corbyn

The Scots voted to stay part of the Union the Union voted to leave the EU. End of discussion.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
codcheeky
March 20, 2017, 11:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Grim74

The Scots voted to stay part of the Union the Union voted to leave the EU. End of discussion.

It's obviously not.  There will
be another referendum for the Scots when a deal has been reached, May could avoid a lot of trouble by setting up a cross party negotiating team and involving the Celts.   A surprising amount will rest on whether May gives away fishing rights which she sees as a minor issue.
I really struggle to see why so many on here are in favour of our self determination but not the Scots, surely they are exactly the same arguments
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
KingstonMariner
March 20, 2017, 11:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from codcheeky

It's obviously not.  There will
be another referendum for the Scots when a deal has been reached, May could avoid a lot of trouble by setting up a cross party negotiating team and involving the Celts.   A surprising amount will rest on whether May gives away fishing rights which she sees as a minor issue.
I really struggle to see why so many on here are in favour of our self determination but not the Scots, surely they are exactly the same arguments

For me it's (a) a question of timing; (b) I hate nationalism of whatever variety.

(a) we need to be concentrating our whole national (UK) effort dealing with the biggest political transition of our lives, not opening up a whole side issue debate, repeating the 'should we, shouldn't we' question. The process of these referenda (Scots independence or Brexit) is divisive. Sturgeon should hold her peace until after the Brexit negotiations.

(b) We're in this mess because of frigging nationalism in the first place. We should be dealing with more pressing matters like education, health and social care, the on-going consequences of the financial crash, re-balancing the economy, not holding more frigging referenda and trying to decide how economics, social, defence, law enforcement, international trade etc would work in a post-Brexit/post-UK break-up.

As far as I'm concerned Sturgeon is in the same boat as Farage, LePen and McGinnis.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
hheh2
March 20, 2017, 11:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Globalists

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
blundellpork
March 21, 2017, 3:00am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
Sturgeon. The Scots voted to remain a member of the Uk in 2014. The U.K. subsequently voted to leave the EU. To say that the Scots voted to remain in the EU is technically correct, but only if you ignore the prior vote to remain in the U.K. They had their once in a generation vote in 2014, and May should be clear that the item is off the agenda for the next twenty years. Sturgeon can't have a referendum claiming democracy when the democratic will of Scotland was to remain a member of the Uk only 3 years ago. Unfortunately her only agenda is to be the first ruler of an independent Scotland.

She blames all of Scotland's woes in Westminster, but conveniently ignores the fact that despite the rest of the Uk supporting Scotland through the Barnett formula, she still manages to run a huge budget deficit. She has not made any form of economic case to leave- oil revenues have collapsed since the last vote, and even at that point the economic argument was weak. If she can genuinely answer how she can balance the books then good luck to her, but the fact remains that without being a member of the UK Scotland will be a complete economic basket case within a few years. She will no doubt blame the wider U.K., but the SNP have been in charge of Scotland for years, so cannot claim lack of responsibility.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
Tangerine Chris
March 21, 2017, 8:02am
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Quoted from codcheeky
Cannot understand why so many nominated Sturgeon. The Scots voted to stay in Europe and see their future there.  

But the EU has told Sturgeon that Scotland CANNOT be part of the EU while it is a member of the UK.  She does not have the backing of the people of Scotland to get another referendum through.  I hope she resigns when defeated yet again

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive twit of the Week

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.