Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, March 20, 2017, 6:00am
Please enter your nomination for last week....
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 20, 2017, 6:58am; Reply: 1
Sturgeon
Posted by: Hagrid, March 20, 2017, 7:27am; Reply: 2
Mourinho. Whinge whinge whinge
Posted by: Fat Cobra, March 20, 2017, 8:20am; Reply: 3
That jock female dog Sturgeon
Posted by: Grim74, March 20, 2017, 11:29am; Reply: 4
Jimmy Krankie
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, March 20, 2017, 1:16pm; Reply: 5
Sturgeon once again.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, March 20, 2017, 1:21pm; Reply: 6
Electricians.
Giving it large saying they'll be there at X o'clock and then it's a no show.
Worse than Internet football hooligans.
And plumbers too.
Room 101 the lot of them.
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 20, 2017, 1:25pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Electricians.
Giving it large saying they'll be there at X o'clock and then it's a no show.
Worse than Internet football hooligans.
And plumbers too.
Room 101 the lot of them.

Were they Roman Electricians ??
Posted by: Mariner_09, March 20, 2017, 1:48pm; Reply: 8
Sturgeon, every week for me!
Posted by: moosey_club, March 20, 2017, 1:49pm; Reply: 9
Carl Boyeson...once a twit always a twit.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, March 20, 2017, 1:54pm; Reply: 10
Nimbys
Posted by: codcheeky, March 20, 2017, 1:55pm; Reply: 11
George Osbourne
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 20, 2017, 4:28pm; Reply: 12
Mrs May
Posted by: Garth, March 20, 2017, 4:51pm; Reply: 13
Sturgeon fed up with her
Posted by: Garth, March 20, 2017, 5:11pm; Reply: 14
Sturgeon---- fed up with her, Brexit is a risk but going on your own is suicidal
Posted by: Garth, March 20, 2017, 5:12pm; Reply: 15
Sturgeon---- fed up with her, Brexit is a risk but going on your own is suicidal
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 20, 2017, 5:28pm; Reply: 16
Sturgeon the best thing if Scotland go alone is we will not have to see her face and listen to her and her cronies moan moan moan,
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 20, 2017, 5:33pm; Reply: 17

Lincoln City for still never getting to Wembley, even little Cleethorpes Town have now......... :)
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 20, 2017, 5:46pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from promotion plaice

Lincoln City for still never getting to Wembley, even little Cleethorpes Town have now......... :)

The season is not over yet they could go and lose in the play off final. ;D
Posted by: bluerose13x, March 20, 2017, 7:53pm; Reply: 19
Sturgeon.

Scotland have had their once in a generation referendum and voted to stay in the Union, come what may, take what  happens regardless of if it is good/bad, don't go asking for another referendum 1st thing that happens that you don't agree with.

....Being English, I'd vote to get rid of Scotland from the Union just to stop hearing from her...
Posted by: sydney, March 20, 2017, 8:10pm; Reply: 20
100.00% Sturgeon
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 20, 2017, 9:58pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from bluerose13x
Sturgeon.

Scotland have had their once in a generation referendum and voted to stay in the Union, come what may, take what  happens regardless of if it is good/bad, don't go asking for another referendum 1st thing that happens that you don't agree with.

....Being English, I'd vote to get rid of Scotland from the Union just to stop hearing from her...

I like that tweet by that Labour MP. There'd be some report about the Scottish economy needing 10 years to get on its feet again. She said, 10 years? That's about 4 generations.  :)

Yep, Sturgeon. Stirring up division again, when there are more important things to do. Typical nationalist.
Posted by: codcheeky, March 20, 2017, 10:09pm; Reply: 22
Cannot understand why so many nominated Sturgeon. The Scots voted to stay in Europe and see their future there.  The clue is in the name SNP.  They re never going to vote conservative as a country and that's the only realistic outcome of the next decade at the moment.. There are a lot smaller countries in the EU and maybe they have their eye on making Edinburgh a bigger banking city. May has made a mistake saying they can't have a referendum as it will only get their backs up.  Fully expect the break up of the Union, the Tories will split the UK apart but not to worry because the press will blame Corbyn
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 20, 2017, 10:20pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from codcheeky
Cannot understand why so many nominated Sturgeon. The Scots voted to stay in Europe and see their future there.  The clue is in the name SNP.  They re never going to vote conservative as a country and that's the only realistic outcome of the next decade at the moment.. There are a lot smaller countries in the EU and maybe they have their eye on making Edinburgh a bigger banking city. May has made a mistake saying they can't have a referendum as it will only get their backs up.   Fully expect the break up of the Union, the Tories will split the UK apart but not to worry because the press will blame Corbyn

I could be wrong but I think what May is saying is.........How can Scotland realistically have a referendum before we have fully left the EU, they wouldn't know what they are voting for.

Posted by: Grim74, March 20, 2017, 10:20pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from codcheeky
Cannot understand why so many nominated Sturgeon. The Scots voted to stay in Europe and see their future there.  The clue is in the name SNP.  They re never going to vote conservative as a country and that's the only realistic outcome of the next decade at the moment.. There are a lot smaller countries in the EU and maybe they have their eye on making Edinburgh a bigger banking city. May has made a mistake saying they can't have a referendum as it will only get their backs up.  Fully expect the break up of the Union, the Tories will split the UK apart but not to worry because the press will blame Corbyn

The Scots voted to stay part of the Union the Union voted to leave the EU. End of discussion.
Posted by: codcheeky, March 20, 2017, 11:06pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Grim74

The Scots voted to stay part of the Union the Union voted to leave the EU. End of discussion.

It's obviously not.  There will
be another referendum for the Scots when a deal has been reached, May could avoid a lot of trouble by setting up a cross party negotiating team and involving the Celts.   A surprising amount will rest on whether May gives away fishing rights which she sees as a minor issue.
I really struggle to see why so many on here are in favour of our self determination but not the Scots, surely they are exactly the same arguments
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 20, 2017, 11:41pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from codcheeky

It's obviously not.  There will
be another referendum for the Scots when a deal has been reached, May could avoid a lot of trouble by setting up a cross party negotiating team and involving the Celts.   A surprising amount will rest on whether May gives away fishing rights which she sees as a minor issue.
I really struggle to see why so many on here are in favour of our self determination but not the Scots, surely they are exactly the same arguments

For me it's (a) a question of timing; (b) I hate nationalism of whatever variety.

(a) we need to be concentrating our whole national (UK) effort dealing with the biggest political transition of our lives, not opening up a whole side issue debate, repeating the 'should we, shouldn't we' question. The process of these referenda (Scots independence or Brexit) is divisive. Sturgeon should hold her peace until after the Brexit negotiations.

(b) We're in this mess because of frigging nationalism in the first place. We should be dealing with more pressing matters like education, health and social care, the on-going consequences of the financial crash, re-balancing the economy, not holding more frigging referenda and trying to decide how economics, social, defence, law enforcement, international trade etc would work in a post-Brexit/post-UK break-up.

As far as I'm concerned Sturgeon is in the same boat as Farage, LePen and McGinnis.
Posted by: hheh2, March 20, 2017, 11:58pm; Reply: 27
Globalists
Posted by: blundellpork, March 21, 2017, 3:00am; Reply: 28
Sturgeon. The Scots voted to remain a member of the Uk in 2014. The U.K. subsequently voted to leave the EU. To say that the Scots voted to remain in the EU is technically correct, but only if you ignore the prior vote to remain in the U.K. They had their once in a generation vote in 2014, and May should be clear that the item is off the agenda for the next twenty years. Sturgeon can't have a referendum claiming democracy when the democratic will of Scotland was to remain a member of the Uk only 3 years ago. Unfortunately her only agenda is to be the first ruler of an independent Scotland.

She blames all of Scotland's woes in Westminster, but conveniently ignores the fact that despite the rest of the Uk supporting Scotland through the Barnett formula, she still manages to run a huge budget deficit. She has not made any form of economic case to leave- oil revenues have collapsed since the last vote, and even at that point the economic argument was weak. If she can genuinely answer how she can balance the books then good luck to her, but the fact remains that without being a member of the UK Scotland will be a complete economic basket case within a few years. She will no doubt blame the wider U.K., but the SNP have been in charge of Scotland for years, so cannot claim lack of responsibility.
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, March 21, 2017, 8:02am; Reply: 29
Quoted from codcheeky
Cannot understand why so many nominated Sturgeon. The Scots voted to stay in Europe and see their future there.  

But the EU has told Sturgeon that Scotland CANNOT be part of the EU while it is a member of the UK.  She does not have the backing of the people of Scotland to get another referendum through.  I hope she resigns when defeated yet again
Posted by: codcheeky, March 21, 2017, 8:32am; Reply: 30
Quoted from blundellpork
Sturgeon. The Scots voted to remain a member of the Uk in 2014. The U.K. subsequently voted to leave the EU. To say that the Scots voted to remain in the EU is technically correct, but only if you ignore the prior vote to remain in the U.K. They had their once in a generation vote in 2014, and May should be clear that the item is off the agenda for the next twenty years. Sturgeon can't have a referendum claiming democracy when the democratic will of Scotland was to remain a member of the Uk only 3 years ago. Unfortunately her only agenda is to be the first ruler of an independent Scotland.

She blames all of Scotland's woes in Westminster, but conveniently ignores the fact that despite the rest of the Uk supporting Scotland through the Barnett formula, she still manages to run a huge budget deficit. She has not made any form of economic case to leave- oil revenues have collapsed since the last vote, and even at that point the economic argument was weak. If she can genuinely answer how she can balance the books then good luck to her, but the fact remains that without being a member of the UK Scotland will be a complete economic basket case within a few years. She will no doubt blame the wider U.K., but the SNP have been in charge of Scotland for years, so cannot claim lack of responsibility.

Like  the Tories have managed to balance the books?  The UK is in more than twice as much debt now since they came to power in 2010  and their promise to end the deficit by 2015 and the next one to end it by 2018 is being changed to some time in the next Parliament. Tax cuts for the richest have taken priority.
There is a blind hatred in a lot of nationalist in this country as well as Scotland, a lot of Scots blame England for all their woes just as a lot of English blindly blame Europe and I have no time for any of this, many voted to get out of Europe knowing the country is going to be a lot worse off after Brexit, surely the Scots can do the same?  It will cause division again and maybe the fact that Scots voted to stay in Europe is just an excuse but this was a promise in their manifesto and it will happen. I hope they stay as I believe the UK is stronger united, many nationalists voted to leave Europe but will only vote one way on this, but many who voted no to independence last time voted to stay in Europe and it these Sturgeon is looking to to swing the vote.  Either way get ready for a load of lies half truths and dodgy statistics
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 21, 2017, 9:02am; Reply: 31
People who turn every TOTW thread into a political argument.
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 21, 2017, 9:09am; Reply: 32
Quoted from Les Brechin
People who turn every TOTW thread into a political argument.

You're right Les.

It wouldn't happen under Labour  ;D
Posted by: GYinScuntland, March 21, 2017, 9:12am; Reply: 33
Quoted from Civvy at last

You're right Les.

It wouldn't happen under Labour  ;D

Is that a conservative estimate?
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 21, 2017, 9:38am; Reply: 34
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Is that a conservative estimate?

I was being a bit liberal actually !!

You seem knackered mate. So I suggest you kip  ;D
Posted by: GYinScuntland, March 21, 2017, 10:24am; Reply: 35

I was being a bit liberal actually !!

You seem knackered mate. So I suggest you kip  ;D

Same old sTory, late back from a Party, so tired and muddled I don't know my Left from my Right.
I May be too Green for all these puns.
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 21, 2017, 2:22pm; Reply: 36
Any tw@t with a small car that parks right at the front of a parking space.

As you look along the line of cars it looks like there is a space. You get all excited thinking you've found one.

Only to find there is a c5 or a tw@tting smart car parked in there  :(

Bunch of tw@ts

Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 21, 2017, 6:04pm; Reply: 37
Noel Edmonds
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 22, 2017, 4:30pm; Reply: 38

The cowardly terrorist/s that have attacked innocent people in the Westminster, Houses of Parliament area of London.
Posted by: Grim74, March 22, 2017, 5:14pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from promotion plaice

The cowardly terrorist/s that have attacked innocent people in the Westminster, Houses of Parliament area of London.

Islamic terrorists!
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 23, 2017, 9:29am; Reply: 40
Not the terrorists or their ilk.  They are beyond tw@tishness.  But the absolute bunch of cowardly, self centered, whinging, MP's that were bleating on about security for Parliament, whilst innocent members of the public and a very brave Police Officer lay dying.  The guy got nowhere near to them thanks to people with far more guts and decency than they could ever dream of.
I know it's a minority but what an absolute bunch of tw@ts.  
Posted by: GYinScuntland, March 24, 2017, 9:26am; Reply: 41
Not the terrorists or their ilk.  They are beyond tw@tishness.  But the absolute bunch of cowardly, self centered, whinging, MP's that were bleating on about security for Parliament, whilst innocent members of the public and a very brave Police Officer lay dying.  The guy got nowhere near to them thanks to people with far more guts and decency than they could ever dream of.

This
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 24, 2017, 10:14am; Reply: 42

What Civvy said
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 4:37pm