KingstonMariner
February 26, 2017, 5:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

Well they may not have specified specific amounts but surely revenue from car-parking, training pitches and conference facilities will help. At the moment these are three areas where town get no income at all.

Possibly, but: (1) we don't know who is going to own what; (2) we don't know who is going to get which income streams: (3) there are no estimates of income (or operating costs) for any of the facilities. There isn't any evidence of the demand for these things either. The only solid figure is the £25-30m to build the thing.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
mimma
February 26, 2017, 8:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
The whole issue of who runs what, who pays for what and who gets the revenue generated is cloudy to say the least.

Who is going to build the houses?

Do Extreme Leisure run all the conferencing facilities, and the car parking, etc. and take all the income, leaving Town with just match day revenue?

The council will be the biggest winner. 160 houses, at, say £1500 council tax, gives them £240,000 a year, plus the business rates, they could be looking at an extra couple of million a year. How much block paving a year will that get them?

Does anyone out there know how the Donny Rovers of this world have done it, and how much they get in return?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
rancido
February 27, 2017, 7:05am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from oldun
The problem is that our council build things but fail to maintain them until they get into a poor state and have to be closed. For example Scartho Baths, The Ice Rink, Public toilets, The Central Library etc etc. I know they have been squeezed for funds but somehow find money for other schemes some of which no-one wants. It may be it is easier to get grants to construct new but difficult to get help to maintain what we have.

I think central government make funds available for certain infrastructure projects and if you don't use for them  then you don't get it. I think this was the case with the top town refurbishment. The council will have put some money in but nowhere near what was made available.
The Scartho Baths farce is completely different and I think it was more of a vanity project by certain Labour councillors.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ice Rink

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.