15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
February 20, 2017, 11:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
I totally understand where you are coming from Kingston regarding increased attendances. We've all seen various examples trotted out but at the end of the day everywhere is different and there are no guarantees Grimsby will have the same experiences as somewhere else.

It the Field of dreams theory "if you build it they will come" and as George said You've gotta have Faith!

The alternative is you build a 6 or 7k stadium for much cheaper and say, you know what we're not ambitious we are the same size club as Barnet and can only really expect small gates. Risk goes down, but so to does the opportunity to progress.

As for the split of revenue it'll be beneficial to both parties as it won't be in the interests of the developers for the club to be insolvent, I mean who else are they going to house at a football stadium other than gtfc?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 141
ginnywings
February 20, 2017, 11:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
There will be a percentage of affordable housing in the mix. May even be some self build plots available as the government are pushing self build at the moment and i have registered my interest with NELC for a local self build plot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 141
MarinerDevil
February 20, 2017, 11:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
Just realised that Omar Bogle was considered to be worth more than our stadium  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 141
ginnywings
February 20, 2017, 11:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MarinerDevil
Just realised that Omar Bogle was considered to be worth more than our stadium  

That really sums up BP. It's got great memories for a lot of us and if we do get a new ground, i will be really sad to leave it, but it's well past it's sell by date and in totally the wrong place for a modern football stadium needs. It will probably cost the worth of the stadium to demolish and remove it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 141
mimma
February 20, 2017, 11:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Car parking fees, assume the an average of 1,000 cars per game @ £5 a car, for 22 games a season = £110,000 extra a season which we don't get at the moment,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 141
Cloudy
February 21, 2017, 7:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I will stick to the view that I don't know enough of the fine detail to be concerned and worried.

I will wait until we know a little more about rent, income, ownership rather than being concerned about things that I have such limited knowledge about.

Maybe that is because I am in favour of PP when some aren't and therefore want to look for problems which may, or may not, be there!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 141
RoboCod
February 21, 2017, 7:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
So, Pleasure Island? The old site viable? Another couple of years of one crowd backing it full, another crowd saying it's the worst idea yet....and me in the middle not knowing who to listen to.

So far though..it's too small and it'd take longer, perhaps too long to prepare the area.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 141
Rik e B
February 21, 2017, 7:50am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
The PP wasn't my my first, or second, choice with a lot of misgivings about it and the feeling its just an opportunists chance to whack up thousands of houses and rake in a fortune.

But when I see and hear the plans Im starting to think the whole complex/area would be a great addition to our locality and nicely thought out along very similar lines to how I would have liked it

Lets face it, in the next 20 years or whatever from Grimsby to Waltham will be full of housing swallowing the latter into the main body of Grimsby akin to say Scartho.

This latest body of info gives me the feeling council ARE actually in favour of the idea due to the many benefits it would bring.

I cant confess to being particularly savvy to tge finer business points and the idea of us owing Extreme for 60 years or whatever it is fills my with a bit of dread when you look at teams like Coventry and those that have been locked out of theirs grounds or vent over backwards by ruthless businessmen.

Hopefully we can have as many income streams as possible coming into our coffers.

Simplistic view but if we loss say 80k per annum now we only need to make 100k more in new place to be
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 141
Rik e B
February 21, 2017, 7:53am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
...self sustainable.  I just worry about being saddled with a stadium bill and not being able to pump funds into playing squad ala Arsenal lets say.

But we are in dire need, love BP but its a hole.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 141
golfer
February 21, 2017, 8:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 116
Would the same recent flood warnings for the Fitties apply to the Pleasure Island proposed site. I remember that every house in the area was on standby against the floods only a couple of years ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 141
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stadium Latest

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.