15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
February 20, 2017, 10:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
But what's the profit on a £250k house? How many will they be able to build on that plot? Let's guess at 20% profit (pending someone correcting it) so that's 600 £250k houses. And how much of their profits would the developer be prepared to forego to subsidise the stadium?

60 years looks too long to me. I think most modern commercial buildings are assumed to have a life of 40 years, so that's £750k p.a. in rent without accounting for any maintenance and service charges (the estate it's on will need to be maintained as well as the building structure. That's a big % of the club's turnover.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 141
Mariner_09
February 20, 2017, 10:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Also the new ground along with the Conference facilities, restaurant and extra pitches to rent out should generate a significant amount of extra income that would pay off a huge mortgage. Would be like a house that you rent out, mortgage would pay itself.

Will this new ground include much enhanced training facilities and increased sport science possiblities. As long as there's a viable strategy in place with a contingency plan then we should see footballing developments as well as more cash.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 141
Swansea_Mariner
February 20, 2017, 10:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Warning back of the homosexual  packet calculations alert!!! (Edit swear filter gone mad!)

Extra 1000 on the gate = 460k per annum + the extra ancillary sales on the day. Aside from that all the other income from all the other venue facilities. It's not too hard to conjure up figures that make it look reasonable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 141
Swansea_Mariner
February 20, 2017, 10:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
I've worked on a range of development business cases some over 20 years right up to 60 so that sort of range wouldn't be unusual for me.

Obviously there are going to be lifecycle costs but so too at Blundell park and given the condition of that it may even be cheaper at the new stadium over the whole life cost.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 141
KingstonMariner
February 20, 2017, 10:56pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Warning back of the homosexual  packet calculations alert!!!

Extra 1000 on the gate = 460k per annum + the extra ancillary sales on the day. Aside from that all the other income from all the other venue facilities. It's not too hard to conjure up figures that make it look reasonable.

Appreciate it's just the back of a homosexual packet Swansea, but it looks a bit risky to me. We still know nothing about the non-matchday income - who will get it? Nothing says we will. Not saying we won't, but the owner holds all the cards. And how much are we actually talking about? I seem to remember RRFC had some comments recently about the distinct lack of such income at other new grounds.

What if the extra 1000 doesn't materialise? Any hard evidence to say they will come? Ticket revenue per head would lower too as 460k assumes the full turn-up on the day, adult price.

Not saying it won't happen, but until the business case is done with some hard numbers, I'm worried.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 141
KingstonMariner
February 20, 2017, 10:57pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
I've worked on a range of development business cases some over 20 years right up to 60 so that sort of range wouldn't be unusual for me.

Obviously there are going to be lifecycle costs but so too at Blundell park and given the condition of that it may even be cheaper at the new stadium over the whole life cost.

I'll bow to your experience on that then.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 141
HackneyHaddock
February 20, 2017, 11:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
The current calculations for non-matchday income at The BP are made easier by the fact that there isn't any.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 141
ginnywings
February 20, 2017, 11:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner
But what's the profit on a £250k house? How many will they be able to build on that plot? Let's guess at 20% profit (pending someone correcting it) so that's 600 £250k houses. And how much of their profits would the developer be prepared to forego to subsidise the stadium?

60 years looks too long to me. I think most modern commercial buildings are assumed to have a life of 40 years, so that's £750k p.a. in rent without accounting for any maintenance and service charges (the estate it's on will need to be maintained as well as the building structure. That's a big % of the club's turnover.

Wouldn't have thought it would be as high as 20% but it depends on the price of the land to begin with. If the council make it attractive enough, someone will take it on. The council will make some money as well as meeting local housing demand. This could be a win for all concerned if done right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 141
MarinerDevil
February 20, 2017, 11:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
Does £250k really pass as affordable housing nowadays?  Holy moly.

Done a bit of research and the mean house price in the area is about £100,000, if we assume the house has 2 bedrooms.  Newly built housing designed to be affordable surely can't be more than £150k?  Or I am just living in cloud cuckoo land?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 141
toontown
February 20, 2017, 11:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
surely not anything like all the houses will be priced at a quarter of a mill? or am i missing something?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 141
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stadium Latest

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.