7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Grimbiggs
February 21, 2017, 5:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Quoted from GyMariner
So is mcallister fully fit now then? Struggle to see why he isn't getting near the starting 11 when he's already got the experience of being promoted from this league, in a position that (over the seasons) we have been weakest in.

He's probably near match fitness now, obviously needs game time....however he's probably already got in front of him:- Gunning, Comely, Disley and Maxwell, so whilst i was encouraged by what i saw of him today, im sorry to say it, but i can't see him getting much of a look in, and from what i saw today, Maxwell is bound to feature soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 65
Garth
February 21, 2017, 5:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
For those who are as ancient as me, Maxwell reminds me of Duncan Edwards in build and style of play, Edwards used to stand with the ball at his feet and you just could not knock him off it, then he would take off on a run.
I don`t think he`s proper match fit yet but he never put a foot wrong today.  Maxwell that is!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 65
Grimbiggs
February 21, 2017, 5:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Quoted from Garth
For those who are as ancient as me, Maxwell reminds me of Duncan Edwards in build and style of play, Edwards used to stand with the ball at his feet and you just could not knock him off it, then he would take off on a run.
I don`t think he`s proper match fit yet but he never put a foot wrong today.  Maxwell that is!

Yes, his strength and physical attributes, together with heading ability in both boxes, will be an asset in front of a flat back four, he can also drop into left back when Andrew goes on a run.....he's certainly suited to the type of game when we need to battle and grind out a result....he looks a good player in the making.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 65
TheGoalKipper
February 21, 2017, 6:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from Grimbiggs

Yes, his strength and physical attributes, together with heading ability in both boxes, will be an asset in front of a flat back four, he can also drop into left back when Andrew goes on a run.....he's certainly suited to the type of game when we need to battle and grind out a result....he looks a good player in the making.

If Maxwell is released at the end of this season to make space for Birminghams new signings i hope we try to sign him if he continues to perform well. Much as i like to see skilfull players i appreciate we have to win the ball in order to play. He adds to that physicallity we have lacked and i can see where MB is going here. If he gets the right players signed i feel he's going in the right direction.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 65
Tradjazz
February 21, 2017, 7:45pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: -38
Luke Maxwell is built like a brick wall. Had a terrific game today and looked really comfortable at all times. Think he only played one bad pass all game. Deffo will be in the side pretty soon.

Thank you Mr Corbyn (Steptoe), you are the best thing that has happened to the Conservatives for ages.
Private Message Skype
Reply: 54 - 65
HertsGTFC
February 21, 2017, 7:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,988
Gold Stars: 228
Thought Maxwell did well today and all the players put in a shift. Noticed McAlister doing a lot of organising as well as some box to box stuff in addition to breaking up their play. Comley also did some good stuff too. O.K. It was versus Mansfields kids who acquited themselves well but I am not sure we have ever had so much cover/options in mid field

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 65
Malaga_Mariner
February 21, 2017, 8:58pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -2
Agree with all of the above re Maxwell, one reservation i may have is his reluctance to use his right peg, when moved centrally in the second half he was turning inside to get the ball on his favored left side....only one game against a youthful Mansfield set up so far too early to pass judgement. It will be interesting to see him in the first team against seasoned league 2 players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 65
monkeyboy
February 22, 2017, 12:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Berret still injured or not made the reserve squad?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 65
Bradford Mariner
February 22, 2017, 12:30pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from monkeyboy

Came on in second half playing right back until last 10 mins when one of the youngsters went to right back and Berrett moved into midfield.

Looked the same player as before the injury, so I can't see him forcing his way back into the team.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 65
mariner83
February 22, 2017, 12:32pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from monkeyboy

He was a sub?

[tweet]834026996040626176[/tweet]

[tweet]834060932540203010[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 59 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ressies tomorrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.