12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
newarkmariner
February 14, 2017, 6:05am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Average against Luton Garth ,were you at the game because he was in the mix for MOTM,ok he gave a peno away at the end but he was immense all game,youve obviously found your scapegoat for the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 115
golfer
February 14, 2017, 8:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.28
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,460
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Tinymariner
Only as good as your last game.

We must have 11 pss poor players at the moment then  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 115
Bigdog
February 14, 2017, 8:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Chrisblor

1) Came on against Exeter - acted like a turnstile to let their player in to score their 3rd. Awful defending - 1m49s into this:

https://youtu.be/yiozXfshsMw?t=1m49s

2) Left out against Notts County - we win 2-0

3) Starts against Luton - gives away a penalty which almost cost us the match

4) Starts against Crewe - We concede 5, he makes a number of individual mistakes and then tops it off by cowardly assaulting an opposing player

Dribbling a bit and making funny faces in videos doesn't make up for all that, nor does it explain why he's only been here 5 minutes and is gobbing off to the press about expecting to waltz immediately into the starting line-up based on absolutely nothing. Call it a character assassination if you like, i'd prefer it thought of as a considered opinion. He needs to get his head down, stop acting like a prat and start playing to his potential.

1 Gets done by a nice bit of skill by one of the best players in the league when fresh on as sub. Wasn't the only defender that got waltzed by in that game.

2 Didn't get left out as he had not started the previous game. Unused sub. And Notts County are not the same proposition as Exeter.

3 Penalty against Luton. He didn't hack anyone down. Everyone thought it was an unlucky handball. Was pushing for MOM by many fans.

4 Concede five against Crewe and is only as culpable as Collins and dare I say his name, Shaun Pearson.

So come off it, your opinion is hardly considered and more likely of one who is still hurting from the defeat on Saturday and is looking for individuals to blame or you just don't like a player of his perceived character. The guy has hardly played yet, maybe still getting fully match fit, new to the club and you're hammering only him when others in the team are as much to blame.

Players are getting singled out for criticism who have only been at the club five minutes. We should be giving them some loyalty and time before killing them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 115
Garth
February 14, 2017, 8:23am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from newarkmariner
Average against Luton Garth ,were you at the game because he was in the mix for MOTM,ok he gave a peno away at the end but he was immense all game,youve obviously found your scapegoat for the season

Agreed he should have been MOM --Lutons!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 115
HertsGTFC
February 14, 2017, 8:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,146
Gold Stars: 241
Quoted from Bigdog

1 Gets done by a nice bit of skill by one of the best players in the league when fresh on as sub. Wasn't the only defender that got waltzed by in that game.

2 Didn't get left out as he had not started the previous game. Unused sub. And Notts County are not the same proposition as Exeter.

3 Penalty against Luton. He didn't hack anyone down. Everyone thought it was an unlucky handball. Was pushing for MOM for many fans.

4 Concede five against Crewe and is only as culpable as Collins and dare I say his name Shaun Pearson.

So come off it, your opinion is hardly considered and more likely of one who is still hurting from the defeat on Saturday and is looking for individuals to blame or you just don't like a player of his perceived character. The guy has hardly played yet, maybe still getting fully match fit, new to the club and you're hammering only him when others in the team are as much to blame.

Players are getting singled out for criticism who have only been at the club five minutes. Give them some loyalty and time before killing them.

I think whichever way you look at his performances to date & based upon a bit of reputation  my first impressions of Gunning is that he won't be too bothered what people think of him. Which does not mean he does not care but can just put a bad performance behind him...........hint......hint!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 115
Garth
February 14, 2017, 8:39am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
I still class him as an average journey man player who for his past experiences has made too many mistakes in the bottom  league, let's hope I'm wrong and he's MOM someday, I have to compare him with Collins who shows class and talks with his boots
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 115
highcliff mariner
February 14, 2017, 8:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
[quote=6]I still class him as an average journey man player who for his past experiences has made too many mistakes in the bottom  league, let's hope I'm wrong and he's MOM someday, I have to compare him with Collins who shows class and talks with his boots[/quote

Has he done your Mrs or something ?

Utm
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 115
Maringer
February 14, 2017, 9:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,786
Gold Stars: 189
For me, it looks as though Gunning could be a pretty good player at this level - but only if he gets properly fit. Not in great shape at the moment from what I've seen. If he was a yard quicker around the pitch, that would make a big difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 115
Mariner93er
February 14, 2017, 9:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,743
Gold Stars: 28
I think you can see the quality he has. He's so assured on the ball, and like others have said, when a little bit fitter, he should be a top defender.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 115
barralad
February 14, 2017, 11:00am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Bigdog
Sounds like a character assassination to me after only three games..

This:- Not one player came out of Saturday's debacle with an ounce of credit. Gunning's bodycheck assault at the end counts against him but in that first thirty minutes he was no worse than any of the others-including Pearson

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gunning

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.