Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More Doncaster tickets...?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 155 Guests

More Doncaster tickets...?

This thread currently has 8,301 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
December 4, 2016, 2:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
When was the last time we took 4 k to a away match ?  Wembley doesn't count btw

Preston opening day of a season, Huddersfield at Xmas, Barnsley, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Leeds, Stoke were all pretty big followings in the late eighties..

Also Chesterfield last away game of a season..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
forza ivano
December 4, 2016, 3:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,276
Gold Stars: 266
Big following at Huddersfield in the cup a few years ago
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
RichMariner
December 4, 2016, 4:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,160
Gold Stars: 211
For us to take over 4,000 to an away league game in the fourth division is truly incredible.

And yet there will literally be hundreds more fans who want to attend and can't, because the club misjudged the situation.

How many fans do you think we'd have taken if there was no limit on numbers?

Would 6,000 be reasonable?

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
Rob_in_Grimsby
December 4, 2016, 4:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from RichMariner
For us to take over 4,000 to an away league game in the fourth division is truly incredible.

And yet there will literally be hundreds more fans who want to attend and can't, because the club misjudged the situation.

How many fans do you think we'd have taken if there was no limit on numbers?

Would 6,000 be reasonable?

we would only take the same amount of fans no matter what the ticket policy was, the allocation is fixed by Doncaster so how can that be our clubs fault

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
Grim74
December 4, 2016, 4:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Think we took 6-7000 to Sheffield Wednesday a few years back in the cup.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
ginnywings
December 4, 2016, 5:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
My nephew is trying to get my ST from me to get more tickets. He's tried everyone i know, so looks like i'm not going to be able to get any more than 2 myself, if i get there early enough that is. I tried but they are like rocking horse sh1t now. He got 8 last week but is trying to get more for people same as me, without much luck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
Trawler
December 4, 2016, 8:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Don't panic. There are 2 weeks till this game. Loads of spares will become available as ST holders' mates drop out and people realise that it's the last weekend before Christmas and they haven't done their Xmas shopping. A landslide of wives/partners will ban their other halves from attending. Prepare for a deluge of PMs as these ticket holders realise they were over ambitious.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
KingstonMariner
December 4, 2016, 8:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Trawler
Don't panic. There are 2 weeks till this game. Loads of spares will become available as ST holders' mates drop out and people realise that it's the last weekend before Christmas and they haven't done their Xmas shopping. A landslide of wives/partners will ban their other halves from attending. Prepare for a deluge of PMs as these ticket holders realise they were over ambitious.

There's only one way to deal with that sort of oppression. Lysistrata in reverse. Sex strike! Starve the bossy b.....s of their nuptials if they don't let you go to football.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
dapperz fun pub
December 4, 2016, 8:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 84
If say we had no ticket restrictions how many would we take ? Around 5 k maybe ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
December 5, 2016, 12:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
If say we had no ticket restrictions how many would we take ? Around 5 k maybe ??

Easily sell 5 if they give us the opportunity.
Reply: 39 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More Doncaster tickets...?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.