Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Simariner, December 2, 2016, 8:44am
After the 200-250 that are due on Monday I understand GTFC have requested more tickets but this is down to the policing of the game?

I've got a feeling more tickets will be rejected due to Sheff Wed and Rotherham playing the same day. Which would (I'd assume) also need a heavy police presence.

The police forces would be stretched as it is, so any extra tickets from the ones due on Monday could be non existent
Posted by: mariner83, December 2, 2016, 9:08am; Reply: 1
Surely they know fans may try to get tickets in the home ends if we don't get extras, which could cause more policing issues?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 2, 2016, 9:20am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Simariner
After the 200-250 that are due on Monday I understand GTFC have requested more tickets but this is down to the policing of the game?

I've got a feeling more tickets will be rejected due to Sheff Wed and Rotherham playing the same day. Which would (I'd assume) also need a heavy police presence.

The police forces would be stretched as it is, so any extra tickets from the ones due on Monday could be non existent

If a ground holds 15k then surely the Police need to assume their could be upto 15k people in attendance don't they know were Grimsby and were massive? ;D In any case Donny have already moved the kick off forward so the extra resources can move elsewhere after this game finishes either way Town fans will travel with or without tickets.
Posted by: Grim74, December 2, 2016, 9:30am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Simariner

Don't get the panic merchants flapping anymore FFS
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, December 2, 2016, 10:48am; Reply: 4
It's a 12.30 kick off, surely time for SYP to get to Rovrum or Wendy for their games.

Nice bit of overtime pay for Xmas? (or New Year)
Posted by: LH, December 2, 2016, 10:54am; Reply: 5
Ticket office Lisa announces in that facebook group that there will be 920 on sale on Monday after Donny send more.
Posted by: GrimRob, December 2, 2016, 11:45am; Reply: 6
If everyone agrees to behave they won't need any police  :)
Posted by: LH, December 2, 2016, 11:49am; Reply: 7
I like the theory that any potential trouble would cease at the full time whistle so the police could then go to their next job.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 2, 2016, 12:10pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from LH
I like the theory that any potential trouble would cease at the full time whistle so the police could then go to their next job.

I don't see much trouble other than in or around the railway station due to the large numbers travelling.The Xmas party in Scunthorpe afterwards might be a bit different :-/
Posted by: CKDRFC, December 2, 2016, 4:27pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from 1mickylyons

If a ground holds 15k then surely the Police need to assume their could be upto 15k people in attendance don't they know were Grimsby and were massive? ;D In any case Donny have already moved the kick off forward so the extra resources can move elsewhere after this game finishes either way Town fans will travel with or without tickets.

We didn't change Kickoff time, SYP changed kickoff time

Posted by: mariner91, December 2, 2016, 5:40pm; Reply: 10
Are there any season ticket holders on here who don't want to attend the Donny game? I'm an exile so don't have a season ticket holder but would like 4 tickets for this game, all of us are exiles and have attended away games this season. PM if anyone is able to help.
Posted by: topuphere666, December 2, 2016, 6:59pm; Reply: 11
As mariner91 says - anyone willing to help out to the tune of 2 tickets Please let me know.
Posted by: Maringer, December 2, 2016, 7:05pm; Reply: 12
Is it two per season ticket holder on Monday?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 2, 2016, 7:13pm; Reply: 13
Yes it is Maringer.
Posted by: H19P1, December 2, 2016, 7:19pm; Reply: 14
4k plus at Doncaster will be awesome. Us GTFC tribe
lot are truly unbelievable 👊
Posted by: ginnywings, December 2, 2016, 8:08pm; Reply: 15
I've already made a preliminary promise to try and get 2 tickets for an exile. Would have been willing to help out someone else with 2 more but that option has been taken away as i can now only get the 2 with my ST. Bit of a palaver all round for some. I will ask around and see if anyone i know hasn't used their ST yet.
Posted by: mariner91, December 2, 2016, 8:13pm; Reply: 16
Cheers Ginny.
Posted by: Maringer, December 2, 2016, 8:14pm; Reply: 17
Think I'll only be able to get the two from mine for myself and a mate so no dice for others, I'm afraid.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 2, 2016, 8:21pm; Reply: 18
Can i turn up alone with more than one season ticket and get more tickets does anybody know?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 2, 2016, 8:26pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from ginnywings
Can i turn up alone with more than one season ticket and get more tickets does anybody know?

I would have thought so Ginny.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 2, 2016, 8:29pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from ginnywings

Ginny if you have the lettered stubs I think you can get what you need so..........

- I have 1 x ST stub for my tickets

- And another for someone I am helping out.

Once the stub comes out of the book that is it, I suppose the fact this thread is ongoing suggests someone has made a complete member up on this.  
Posted by: lancspontooner, December 2, 2016, 8:32pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from ginnywings

I took 2 season tickets in last week to get 6 tickets and they were ok with that.
Posted by: Golden fox, December 2, 2016, 9:31pm; Reply: 22
Let's just hope there's no scenes like Burton Albion as I'm assuming this will be the largest away following since that fateful day. Time for the young football factory wannabes to take it steady on their blue WKDs and spice + the old school not to bring out their old ways  . Let the great town fans enjoy the day without any mayhem , madness and mischief . UTMM . 🐺
Posted by: ginnywings, December 2, 2016, 9:56pm; Reply: 23
Thanks for the info. I will see what i can do.
Posted by: Torquaymariner, December 3, 2016, 12:22am; Reply: 24
Any south west mariners travelling for this game with a spare seat, just on the off chance?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 3, 2016, 12:22am; Reply: 25
When was the last time we took 4 k to a away match ?  Wembley doesn't count btw
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 3, 2016, 1:01am; Reply: 26
Can't think of any bar cup matches. Probably back as far as the 70s? Hull in the 80s but that was probably a cup game.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, December 4, 2016, 10:22am; Reply: 27
Liverpool, we ended up in the kop along with 3000 others
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 4, 2016, 11:44am; Reply: 28
6-7 thousand at Liverpool for the win, then 4K at arsenal in the next round.
Must have been well over 3 at burton
Posted by: Hagrid, December 4, 2016, 11:51am; Reply: 29
Wonder how quickly they will sell out tomorrow
Posted by: Bigdog, December 4, 2016, 2:41pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
When was the last time we took 4 k to a away match ?  Wembley doesn't count btw

Preston opening day of a season, Huddersfield at Xmas, Barnsley, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Leeds, Stoke were all pretty big followings in the late eighties..

Also Chesterfield last away game of a season..
Posted by: forza ivano, December 4, 2016, 3:04pm; Reply: 31
Big following at Huddersfield in the cup a few years ago
Posted by: RichMariner, December 4, 2016, 4:22pm; Reply: 32
For us to take over 4,000 to an away league game in the fourth division is truly incredible.

And yet there will literally be hundreds more fans who want to attend and can't, because the club misjudged the situation.

How many fans do you think we'd have taken if there was no limit on numbers?

Would 6,000 be reasonable?
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, December 4, 2016, 4:39pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from RichMariner
For us to take over 4,000 to an away league game in the fourth division is truly incredible.

And yet there will literally be hundreds more fans who want to attend and can't, because the club misjudged the situation.

How many fans do you think we'd have taken if there was no limit on numbers?

Would 6,000 be reasonable?

we would only take the same amount of fans no matter what the ticket policy was, the allocation is fixed by Doncaster so how can that be our clubs fault
Posted by: Grim74, December 4, 2016, 4:59pm; Reply: 34
Think we took 6-7000 to Sheffield Wednesday a few years back in the cup.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 4, 2016, 5:08pm; Reply: 35
My nephew is trying to get my ST from me to get more tickets. He's tried everyone i know, so looks like i'm not going to be able to get any more than 2 myself, if i get there early enough that is. I tried but they are like rocking horse sh1t now. He got 8 last week but is trying to get more for people same as me, without much luck.
Posted by: Trawler, December 4, 2016, 8:01pm; Reply: 36
Don't panic. There are 2 weeks till this game. Loads of spares will become available as ST holders' mates drop out and people realise that it's the last weekend before Christmas and they haven't done their Xmas shopping. A landslide of wives/partners will ban their other halves from attending. Prepare for a deluge of PMs as these ticket holders realise they were over ambitious.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 4, 2016, 8:14pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Trawler
Don't panic. There are 2 weeks till this game. Loads of spares will become available as ST holders' mates drop out and people realise that it's the last weekend before Christmas and they haven't done their Xmas shopping. A landslide of wives/partners will ban their other halves from attending. Prepare for a deluge of PMs as these ticket holders realise they were over ambitious.

There's only one way to deal with that sort of oppression. Lysistrata in reverse. Sex strike! Starve the bossy b.....s of their nuptials if they don't let you go to football.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 4, 2016, 8:34pm; Reply: 38
If say we had no ticket restrictions how many would we take ? Around 5 k maybe ??
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 5, 2016, 12:57pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
If say we had no ticket restrictions how many would we take ? Around 5 k maybe ??

Easily sell 5 if they give us the opportunity.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 5, 2016, 1:29pm; Reply: 40
You would think they would realise its in their interest to give s as many as we can sell then it stops people trying to get into the home end etc...
Posted by: CKDRFC, December 5, 2016, 1:43pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from HertsGTFC
You would think they would realise its in their interest to give s as many as we can sell then it stops people trying to get into the home end etc...

4200 is the max you will get due to segregation
Posted by: grimslaa, December 5, 2016, 1:55pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You'd also think that people might realise that segregation, stewarding, policing etc. play a hand in the number of tickets that we could receive. Therefore Doncaster can't just give us as many as we want.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, December 5, 2016, 1:59pm; Reply: 43
You need a Doncaster postcode to buy tickets for home end.

Take any number out of a Grimsby postcode and if becomes a local Doncaster one !

ie.. DN33 3BF (Foxfield Close)  becomes DN3 3BF (Armthorpe nr Doncaster)  

Just a thought.
Posted by: CKDRFC, December 5, 2016, 2:03pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
You need a Doncaster postcode to buy tickets for home end.

Take any number out of a Grimsby postcode and if becomes a local Doncaster one !

ie.. DN33 3BF (Foxfield Close)  becomes DN3 3BF (Armthorpe nr Doncaster)  

Just a thought.

The stadium is designed in such a way that the segregation only allows for a maximum of 4200 away supporters, also in relation to getting tickets in the home end, you will need a prior purchasing history with Doncaster.

Posted by: Civvy at last, December 5, 2016, 2:07pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from CKDRFC

The stadium is designed in such a way that the segregation only allows for a maximum of 4200 away supporters, also in relation to getting tickets in the home end, you will need a prior purchasing history with Doncaster.

Surely they'll let your  season ticket holders buy 4,each  ;D
Posted by: Maringer, December 5, 2016, 2:21pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from KingstonMariner

There's only one way to deal with that sort of oppression. Lysistrata in reverse. Sex strike! Starve the bossy b.....s of their nuptials if they don't let you go to football.

Wouldn't work, I'm afraid. Haven't you seen the price of AA batteries these days?
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 12:16am