3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
November 20, 2016, 3:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
We all know the play offs is a lottery and Hurst got us there 4 seasons on the bounce.  Him and Scott were on an upward trajectory working in the league below at the time we appointed them. Admittedly one of them had anger management issues and soon left but as someone said earlier, imagine the uproar if we appointed someone cutting their teeth in the womens game managing Birmingham City Ladies?

On another note, I was at the Mansfield v Crawley game yesterday and their fans were extremely excited by Steve Evans appointment whereas there was a feeling of discontent on here when people linked him to the job.  Interestingly, Pat Hoban is a very effective target man and was their player of the month for October!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
KingstonMariner
November 20, 2016, 5:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jamesgtfc
We all know the play offs is a lottery and Hurst got us there 4 seasons on the bounce.  Him and Scott were on an upward trajectory working in the league below at the time we appointed them. Admittedly one of them had anger management issues and soon left but as someone said earlier, imagine the uproar if we appointed someone cutting their teeth in the womens game managing Birmingham City Ladies?

On another note, I was at the Mansfield v Crawley game yesterday and their fans were extremely excited by Steve Evans appointment whereas there was a feeling of discontent on here when people linked him to the job.  Interestingly, Pat Hoban is a very effective target man and was their player of the month for October!

I saw something I never thought I'd see last night. Hoban scoring.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
RichMariner
November 20, 2016, 5:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Things happened the way they did, and we'll never know if they could've happened differently (or quicker).

What I will say is that the disappointments of all those play-off failures made promotion (when it finally came) seem all the more sweeter, and given that we can't change anything, that's the way I'd prefer to look at it!

Don't get me wrong - I'd have loved us to bounce back straight away in 2011, or even in 2015 against Bristol Rovers - but the way it worked out meant we had an absolutely awesome day at Wembley in May that seemed extra special because of Operation Promotion.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leaving the conference quicker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.