KingstonMariner
November 1, 2016, 12:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from wigworld
So, if we hadn't had the extra income from the Mullens shares and Operation Promotion, would we have we made a loss?

Share sales wouldn't count as income. Would go on the balance sheet not the profit and loss. Increase in called up share capital was about £100k.

Not sure about how the OP money would be treated in the accounts. Suspect that's also balance sheet. Player registrations are considered intangible fixed assets - there was an increase of £33k 'amortised' by £11k a year (the notes say this is in equal instalments over the life of the player's contract, so given that's 3 years I assume we paid £33k for Omar). Though what's happened to the other £77k is anyone's guess. There's an increase of 'cash at bank/in hand' of a similar number but that might be coincidence. I don't think it's shown in income because that increase seems to relate to increases in TV, commercial income and the rise in gate money looks proportional to the increased attendance.

Maybe someone can help us get our facts right.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
KingstonMariner
November 1, 2016, 12:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Walsall recorded a profit for the eleventh successive season, that's why its so important we have a new stadium to generate income from other sources than just match days.

It all depends on who owns the ground and how non-ticket revenue is allocated. My local club don't own the lease to their ground and non-matchday income goes to their landlord.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
golfer
November 1, 2016, 1:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
But where DID the OP money go. Have we been told and I've missed it or am I just thick or naive ?. It would be nice to be told officially eg £50K Bogle, £20 Straker, £5 hot dog sellers birthday party etc. We are not all accountants.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
1mickylyons
November 1, 2016, 1:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from golfer
But where DID the OP money go. Have we been told and I've missed it or am I just thick or naive ?. It would be nice to be told officially eg £50K Bogle, £20 Straker, £5 hot dog sellers birthday party etc. We are not all accountants.

We have been over this countless times but most of us happily gave that money to secure Promotion and handed it over trusting the Club to use the money wisely and never wanted a detailed statement of every last penny.Mission accomplished regarding OP why cant you start a debate on something meaningful like flask access FFS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
golfer
November 1, 2016, 1:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

We have been over this countless times but most of us happily gave that money to secure Promotion and handed it over trusting the Club to use the money wisely and never wanted a detailed statement of every last penny.Mission accomplished regarding OP why cant you start a debate on something meaningful like flask access FFS

You are awful    But if we hadn't been to Wembley twice, had an  increase in gate money, increase in tv revenue , increase in commercial sales plus OP money we would have been truly in the shite The promotion bonus must have been a bloody good one, yet we couldn't keep our manager, and major players who contributed enormously. You don't have to be nasty you nasty man  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
ginnywings
November 1, 2016, 2:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I would imagine that the OP money just went into the playing budget. So maybe it allowed us to sign a couple of extra players for the squad, or the fee for Bogle and one extra player etc. We may have failed to get promoted with the extra money or still got promoted without it, who knows? Thing is, we gave it and we can say that it played a part in us getting back into the league, whether it actually did or not.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
golfer
November 1, 2016, 2:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
I would imagine that the OP money just went into the playing budget. So maybe it allowed us to sign a couple of extra players for the squad, or the fee for Bogle and one extra player etc. We may have failed to get promoted with the extra money or still got promoted without it, who knows? Thing is, we gave it and we can say that it played a part in us getting back into the league, whether it actually did or not.

Thank you Ginny
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
bax
November 1, 2016, 4:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from 1mickylyons

It's been reported for over a year now, but a summary can be found here:

http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/home/operation-promotion/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
Vance Warner
November 1, 2016, 8:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,830
Gold Stars: 105
The quote below from Stephen Marley worries me. Sounds like we expected to break even and ended up with a profit of £60,000. I would expect Bob Marley to have a better grasp of our finances than that.

"Appearing at Wembley isn't quite as lucrative as it would appear from the outside, so when we first sat down and talked about it, we expected to about break even this year, so we're happy enough to have actually turned a small profit."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
Mariner_09
November 1, 2016, 9:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
I'm no accountant but you'd hope our profits would increase again next year, crowds up by over 10% again, season ticket sales up by nearly 20% with an increased price, you'd therefore imagaine an increase in promotion based paraphernalia sales.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC draft accounts 2016

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.