davmariner
October 29, 2016, 9:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,957
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Cloudy

Maybe because he knows that Moyes is on his way out and the new man will want his own staff?

He was there before Moyes and will probably be there after. He was part of Big Sam's team before he took the England job so I don't see any reason for Allardyce not to keep him if he replaces Moyes. If he were to get the boot he'd have a nice payoff to sit on whilst waiting for his next job.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 132
Mariners_15
October 29, 2016, 9:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from davmariner
People are saying Adkins is an unrealistic target yet apparently Stockdale isn't! Why would he leave a very well paid job as a first team coach in the Premier League to come to us in League 2? He'd have to take a big pay-cut for starters.

Depends if he wants a crack at management or would rather just stay as first team coach/number 2. If he does want to try his hand at management surely money won't be at the front of his mind and this would realistically be the level he'd have to start at. Can't see many clubs higher than this taking a chance. Also he knows the club well from his past here so could appreciate the potential the club has. We could do much worse IMO, would rather him than the likes of Wilcox, Knill etc...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 132
Cloudy
October 29, 2016, 9:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from davmariner

He was there before Moyes and will probably be there after. He was part of Big Sam's team before he took the England job so I don't see any reason for Allardyce not to keep him if he replaces Moyes. If he were to get the boot he'd have a nice payoff to sit on whilst waiting for his next job.

He was development coach previously, a safe job. He knows the step up is progression but with less security. His previous development job has gone to my mate Andy Welsh.

Robbie IS interested
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 132
chaos33
October 29, 2016, 9:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,970
Gold Stars: 360
I think Robbie has got to be one of the more potentially exciting options. I was also wondering about Gary Caldwell, and if he would be interested.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 132
ginnywings
October 29, 2016, 11:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
The Stockdale shout seems to be gathering momentum. His name was mentioned a few times on RH today and i think he is a contender. No info, just a feeling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 132
jonnyboy82
October 30, 2016, 7:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
No to groves
No to macca
No to stockdale

I will tell you why firstly groves was an excellent player and one of our best but hasn't translated this into management when he has been a manager here or elsewere so why would he all of a sudden be what we need or want.

Macca was again one of our best ever players and been an assistant at harrogate in the national north , not held a job higher up and in no way has the experience to be an assistant in league football at this time.

Robbie stockdale has been sunderland youth coach i think it is and held the caretaker job for a few games, not held as high regard as a player for me but very likeable guy, he has no experience in league football and as we have just got promoted this season is a very important one and not one to gamble with, imo we just cant afford to give the job to a guy who has done well in young players as its a different game altogether, just look at neil woods , robbie needs a job in non league like say barrow or gateshead first like paul hurst did to make the transistion as its that experience you need with first team football.

I just dont like the idea of any of them three, and completely disagree with chris parker on the radio yesterday who wants robbie stockdale as manager for some reason.

My personal opinion but i of course respect other peoples opinion who would like him here.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 132
dapperz fun pub
October 30, 2016, 7:41am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
I don't want Stockdale and although he might be interested he would probably have to take a pay cut and that coupled with mixed messages regarding fenty ( fitness coach etc) I think he would only come if the next Sunderland manager demands a complete clear out . I'm edging towards bignot but his mrs plays for arsenal and I assume he's Birmingham area now ,so can't imagine him moving to north east Linc's or would he ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 132
H19P1
October 30, 2016, 8:01am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Marcus Bignot 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 132
Cloudy
October 30, 2016, 8:31am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Stockdale is NOT 'just a youth team coach', he is coaching the first team and has done so for some time.

Does it have to be someone who has managed previously?

Personally would be horrified by Knill Wilcox or Foyle If we cannot get Adkins or even Evans then much rather go for Stockdale or Bignot and certainly not McDermott, Groves or Woodhouse.

At the end of the day we will have to wait and see. Easy to say who you don't want but who do you want?

Whoever it is I guess we will just have to put up with the terrible, cheap option jibes
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 132
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 30, 2016, 10:03am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,757
Gold Stars: 80
Guy at Luton seems to be doing ok with very little experience, as I have said before there are no guarantees whoever we appoint and I think given Stockdale's age, experience and knowledge of our club are all plus factors.

End of the day hard to comment without knowing who has applied. Hopefully we will all know more later this week
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 132
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Robbie stockdale

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.