6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
acko338
October 24, 2016, 2:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
If we are looking for someone who can achieve with low funds and good game plan then I would be looking to Lincoln and see if we can persuade them to.let us talk to tbeir manager ex Braintree. Next move up the ladder for him and what seems to be good tactics and nous would progress us further.

Adkins et all would be too costly - this man has ambition and he has turned Lincoln into promotion contenders from last season mediocrity- isn't that the right type of next manager for GTFC and not even mentioned in any betting odds ????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
Johnnyc66
October 24, 2016, 2:15pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +66
Cheers for bringing in some good players Paul and all the best

IMO it was a flip of a coin for the past 5 seasons if we would be promoted or not.  We were never the best team in the league, but we had a lot of the best players.

He improved the playing staff year on year, each season the playing staff got better, our chances of promotion IMO didn't.  

We could have easily lost the play off semi and not even made the final, we won by luck rather than tactical acumen.  We lost at home, we got a soft penalty, Omar got his head onto a free kick.

Where would Hurst be now if we had lost? Not at Shrewsbury and possibly not at Grimsby either.

Well done Paul it came up heads this time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
jonnyboy82
October 24, 2016, 2:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Hang on fella , theres only one jonny around here

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
Johnnyc66
October 24, 2016, 2:25pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from acko338
If we are looking for someone who can achieve with low funds and good game plan then I would be looking to Lincoln and see if we can persuade them to.let us talk to tbeir manager ex Braintree. Next move up the ladder for him and what seems to be good tactics and nous would progress us further.

Adkins et all would be too costly - this man has ambition and he has turned Lincoln into promotion contenders from last season mediocrity- isn't that the right type of next manager for GTFC and not even mentioned in any betting odds ????

I cant see the Cowley brothers being tempted here Lincoln have a 3 man sport scientist team and a performance analyst as part of the backroom staff.  Isn't this what Hurst was denied, resulting in him leaving?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
Johnnyc66
October 24, 2016, 2:27pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Hang on fella , theres only one jonny around here

I have an (h) and a capital J so back off  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
Garth

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from acko338

Too soon for someone with no league experience,  there are plenty of better choices out there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
Mariners_15
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Johnnyc66

I cant see the Cowley brothers being tempted here Lincoln have a 3 man sport scientist team and a performance analyst as part of the backroom staff.  Isn't this what Hurst was denied, resulting in him leaving?

Says it all, tin pot gimps got a better set up than us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
Cloudy
October 24, 2016, 2:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Garth
Safe to express my opinion now that the dust has settled without being accused of sour grapes.

Never was impressed with his tactical ability ie late late subs and no plan B, only in his last game in charge did he make numerous changes early, was it panicking to get the win or draw whilst on show to his new suitors.

His respect for the fans especially the traveling, left a lot to be desired and it was noticed and felt by all.

On his own admission 1-0 wins were always prefered to a 4-2 etc leading to a defensive style of play resulting in few goals being scored from out play this season.

Could not fault his workrate and choice of players, but like most managers he did have his favourites and it showed.

Glad that Doig has also gone which means a clean sweep for the new man, its quite exciting

Please dont speak for 'all'
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
RoboCod
October 24, 2016, 2:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Why Cowley? He's still to prove himself in any meaningful way, he had Braintree playing some of the most God-awful football I've ever seen, not what's required for a push to League 1 for me .
He ground out results as he knew nothing else, didn't have the courage to attack us in the P.O semis, talks absolute technical mumbo-jumbo bollox and is making lots of enemies in the Conference, I'd hope we look a lot further beyond that.
Let's go for the proven,experienced manager, let's aim high and see what can happen.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
arryarryarry
October 24, 2016, 2:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 97
It was a loveless marriage with very little sex.

I have no idea what the frig my marriage has got to do with all this.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Official Statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.