3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
September 29, 2016, 6:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
IF, we keep at em, we will be there or thereabouts, maybe a good title for our next promotion video  

One thing for sure is that this league is tighter than expected, not as much of a gulf in class between top and bottom half. Higher work ethic and opposition pouncing and scoring on some of the poor passes we seem to gift out every now and then.

Good work in progress, need an experienced striker to partner Bogle and a crafty winger in Jan please Hursty.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
grimps
September 29, 2016, 6:27pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,117
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Sooner we hit 50 points the better then at that point I might dare to dream a little

30 points by the end of October and we'll be in with a shout of promotion this season  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
mariner tommy
September 29, 2016, 6:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from grimps

30 points by the end of October and we'll be in with a shout of promotion this season  

Blimey, we need to accrue 14 points from five games then to achieve that total, I hope we do but that would only entail dropping one point from the next five games. If we did that I reckon we would be 2nd in the league come the end of October.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
grimsby pete
September 29, 2016, 6:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from mariner tommy

Blimey, we need to accrue 14 points from five games then to achieve that total, I hope we do but that would only entail dropping one point from the next five games. If we did that I reckon we would be 2nd in the league come the end of October.

UTM

How do you drop one point ?  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
mariner tommy
September 29, 2016, 6:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Oops !

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play Offs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.