3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
September 29, 2016, 9:53am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Sooner we hit 50 points the better then at that point I might dare to dream a little
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
Cloudy
September 29, 2016, 9:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I am just enjoying the ride!

No pressure, just let us see were we are at the end of the season. Not getting carried away, we are a team (& club) in transition
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
northbankmariner
September 29, 2016, 10:00am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Absolutely it is early days but momentum and the feel good factor along with growing player confidence is certainly making it interesting. Town for sure are on the up as a club both on and off the field and am just happy right now that we are competitive in this league with an almost completely new squad. Long may it continue and if we hit a dip in form don't panic we are making progress year after year.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
arryarryarry
September 29, 2016, 10:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Grim74
Let's not get carried away 10 games in we are in a great position at the minute but things can quite easily change, it's not like we are playing teams of the park on another day we could of lost a lot more games, so I think it best to remain cautious whilst enjoying our unexpected league position.

I have to agree, we have had these "we have a great squad that will get us promoted" threads for the past 5 seasons or so and it hasn't always worked out that way.

Let's not put too much pressure on the players and see how it goes.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
horsforthmariner
September 29, 2016, 10:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,610
Gold Stars: 9
We've got an average of 1.6 points per game. We've played a good spread of teams and we've had mcallister injured. If we keep on achieving this average then we will end up on 73-74 points which will see us in a play off position most seasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
acko338
September 29, 2016, 10:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
Let's see how many clean sheets are achieved from now until Christmas, as clean sheets will help to boost the confidence for the players and fans alike, hopefully increasing home gates, and encouraging those who travel to away games to continue their investments to follow the team around the country.

Hurst has now found out that he has options to continue attacking football in the last 20 minutes of games - having the likes of Tuton and Bolinwara to come on can only scare opponents, and if they force their way into the team, others will be waiting for their turn to come on and make the difference.

If we stay on this same path, then play offs could be a realistic proposition, but we all know that football is fickle, and we will have some set backs possibly that may be unforeseen.

If we can keep going without serious injuries, lack of stupid bookings for suspensions, and keeping everyone fit enough to drop in when needed, perhaps January may pass us by, and the team gelling can continue to the end of a great "return to the League" season !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
Bigdog
September 29, 2016, 11:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mariner93er
Equally we havent been played off the park yet, and could have got something from those games we lost. There is reason for optimism.

Colchester away, Crewe at home?

On the flip side, Wycombe away and Orient at home could have easily been more points on the board.

The signings of Comley, Tuton and latterly of Collins have transformed the solidity of our squad. Without them, I shudder to think.

I'm a lot more hopeful than I was after the shoeing we got at Colchester. Too early to get carried away but a nice warm feeling knowing that we can compete at this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
Abdul19
September 29, 2016, 11:43am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Bigdog

The signings of Comley, Tuton and latterly of Collins have transformed the solidity of our squad. Without them, I shudder to think.

I was about to post that we need to extend their respective deals until the end of the season.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
Hertsmariner
September 29, 2016, 1:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
Shakespeare's 'there's many a slip twixt lip and cup' always comes to mind when gushes of enthusiasm surface so early in the season. There again, football supporting has always been built on dreams, so it is certainly comforting that despair is firmly in retreat, at least for the moment! Like Cloudy above, I'm just enjoying the ride at present, even though I think the team is still evolving and may well get better as time goes on. We shall see-but it is exciting!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
grimps
September 29, 2016, 6:12pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,112
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Kris2
We've had two wins in a row against teams that are really not likely to be challenging come the end of he season and both were from a penalty so I'm not going to get excited about us being world beaters just yet.

Wins build confidence however and we are playing much more entertaining football than we have in years so this season in general will be great to watch either way I want us to finish as high as possible in the table but I always felt before the season started I'm not going to push my expectations through the roof with thinking we'll walk to back to back promotions.

The sort of teams we kept losing to and drawing against last season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play Offs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.