Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next England Manager ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 332 Guests

Next England Manager ?

This thread currently has 3,679 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
September 28, 2016, 11:24pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197
I see Jurgen Klinsmann has ruled himself out of the England job -

Gareth Southgate will serve as interim coach for England's next four matches. Klinsmann had ranked sixth at UniBet UK among the favourites to replace Allardyce behind Alan Pardew, Steve Bruce, Eddie Howe, Glenn Hoddle and Southgate.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
forza ivano
September 28, 2016, 11:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,173
Gold Stars: 265
The phrase 'embarrassment of riches' springs to mind. Not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
promotion plaice
September 28, 2016, 11:39pm

Quoted from forza ivano
The phrase 'embarrassment of riches' springs to mind. Not.

Agreed but I would go for Hoddle again.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
Bigdog
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Who cares anymore..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
chaos33
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Arsed

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
promotion plaice
September 29, 2016, 12:19am

England were embarrassed at the 2014 World Cup finals in Brazil, exiting the competition in the group stages after defeats to Italy and Uruguay, and then suffered humiliation at Euro 2016 after being dumped out of the tournament in France by minnows Iceland.

But could it have been a different story for England had they accepted the call from a certain Pep Guardiola in 2012?

The Catalan coach had just entered into a 12-month sabbatical following four exhausting years as the head coach of Barcelona but was apparently interested in the prospect of becoming England manager - for some reason.

Clough all over again

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
HackneyHaddock
September 29, 2016, 12:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
We ceased to be a major football nation 45 years ago, so this question really is academic.

Bandying around the names of top international managers is ridiculous - why give up a job at a top club to manage a middling tier national team?

We'd be better off getting one of the lesser-known European coaches who's worked with some of the up and coming African sides, or maybe the Icelandic coach?  All would be well-practised at getting the best out of modestly-talented groups of players and wouldn't come with any Premier League baggage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
pizzzza
September 29, 2016, 7:05am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Really don't care about England anymore.  Football is GTFC for me.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
Grim74
September 29, 2016, 9:14am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
I've followed England away in the past but I stopped giving a excrement when Rio Ferdinand was questioned at the airport, he was going on his holiday immediately after another early World Cup exit.

The reporter asked him if he had a comment to make on his teams shambolic performance at the World Cup, when he sarcastically replied " what World Cup"  it's not all but when the players don't even give a excrement what's the point.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
northbankmariner
September 29, 2016, 9:57am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Arsene Wenger contract at arsenal runs out this year, he will find support from within the FA ranks I am sure, and with Gareth Southgate only being installed for the next 4 qualifying games could be a possibility? Not suggesting he would be my first choice but open for discussion as home grown candidates aren't exactly standing out at present.
I do expect southgate after 4 successful games to be offered it permanently though.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next England Manager ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.