This thread currently has 8,490 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
DocTower
September 28, 2016, 7:52am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
It's just a sad state of affairs, I really thought that with getting Big Sam I n as England manager we might have seen a new era . I do detest the tabloids even more so now . Grubby secrets , grubby stories written by grubby little men . Sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut better not to know than know at all . Bankers bonuses  chairman's bonus's  paid millions for failure  and of course Philip Green saga .   Goes on in all walks of life , if we too were on the band wagon would we be any different?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 61
dapperz fun pub
September 28, 2016, 8:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Greedy illegitimate good riddance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 61
golfer
September 28, 2016, 8:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Bigdog
I got hammered for comparing him to Mike Bassett.

Bassett would have lasted longer..

So would a Rowntrees fruit pastille .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 28, 2016, 8:31am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from DocTower
It's just a sad state of affairs, I really thought that with getting Big Sam I n as England manager we might have seen a new era . I do detest the tabloids even more so now . Grubby secrets , grubby stories written by grubby little men . Sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut better not to know than know at all . Bankers bonuses  chairman's bonus's  paid millions for failure  and of course Philip Green saga .   Goes on in all walks of life , if we too were on the band wagon would we be any different?

Have to say I am not too impressed with this type of journalism, but thinking about it why would the Telegraph set this sting up?

The only reasons I can come up with is that 1) Big Sam has a reputation for this & this is known in the game or 2) One of the players and/or Agent he has dealt with in the past has approached the Telegraph got a nice sum themselves and dropped him in it.

Have to say the greed of these top Footballers/Managers never cease to amaze me and I would love someone to organise a national withdrawal of our Sky sports subscriptions and see how they fare then, problem is I watch the Rugby League (a proper Premiership); golf and cricket otherwise the Premiership football would go for me.

Not sure who we will get in next as not sure how many of these supposedly top guys are not on the take one way or another. Sadly would be a foreigner & Wenger for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
golfer
September 28, 2016, 8:36am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from kevikov

Agree, and just downright greedy.
National manager, £3m plus bonuses a year and he's trying shifty deals to make himself some more money.

Sad fact of football at the highest level.

It seems the more you get the more you want.Why do we put up with it. A lot of these people are that greedy they would even charge fans extortionate amounts to be shown around Stamford Bridge.Of all the managers I have known personally you would be surprised how many would be open to a bung.If I were to write a book there would be that many injunctions taken out The football fraternity are no worse than others and the vast majority are honest folk like the rest of us but one bad egg.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
Maringer
September 28, 2016, 8:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Reportedly, the Telegraph have evidence of 8 former or current Premiershite managers accepting bungs as well. I don't think they just went after Allardyce alone, but he was caught up in a wider-ranging investigation. Bet the journo's couldn't believe their luck at hooking such a high-profile fish.

As for Allardyce, well personally, I'd have thought that a salary of £3 million a year would be enough to make you concentrate on the job 100% rather than looking to pocket more by jetting off to Hong Kong a few times a year to give 'advice' about football matters.

That's lost him £6 million at least, I'd have thought, and probably £12 million providing he qualified for the World Cup next time because England managers tend to be allowed to fail in two tournaments before being moved on. TotW without a doubt, probably TotY.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
RoboCod
September 28, 2016, 10:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Allardyce said he was leaving the country for a break to reflect on what had happened, insisting he attended the hotel meeting as a favour to football agent Scott McGarvey, who he said was "down on his luck".

Poor old Scott, as good in football agency as he was in the box with the ball

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
arryarryarry
September 28, 2016, 10:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
A man out of his time.

Incidentally, his meeting with the scammers from the Daily Telegraph was arranged by his agent, Scott McGarvey who made 60+ appearances for Town in the 80s.

[url]http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10595592/scott-mcgarvey-naive-but-denies-wrongdoing-in-sam-allardyce-sting-lawyer-says[/url]

Can't see that on the works internet, was he wearing that coat?
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
golfer
September 28, 2016, 12:07pm
Vodka Drinker
I theenk if Arso Vinger change hes cuntree to Inglish he wood make good man maniger. He could give them kik up the arson to scor mor goles like thay doo at Emiratos. I see it at on way to London when I go to trane for Bung classes. I ave no difikulty lerning foren langwidges so I cud traslayt hes instrikshuns to hes players if he wonts and be thee pres ofiser so he cud get hes intenshuns over to the fans lyk me and yous.He cud ave man with umbereller as hes asistance in kace it reigns. Eef yu ar readin this I sujest yoo get a job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
GrimRob
September 28, 2016, 12:31pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
He gets caught with his hand in the till and still walks away with a million quid  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 39 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Allardyce Sacked

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.