Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Bigdog, September 27, 2016, 7:22pm
I got hammered for comparing him to Mike Bassett.

Bassett would have lasted longer..
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 27, 2016, 7:40pm; Reply: 1
It's who he always reminded me of.

Ricky Tomlinson to play Sam in the film version.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 27, 2016, 8:32pm; Reply: 2
A man out of his time.

Incidentally, his meeting with the scammers from the Daily Telegraph was arranged by his agent, Scott McGarvey who made 60+ appearances for Town in the 80s.

[url]http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10595592/scott-mcgarvey-naive-but-denies-wrongdoing-in-sam-allardyce-sting-lawyer-says[/url]
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, September 27, 2016, 8:33pm; Reply: 3
Greed is in the DNA of English football.
Posted by: Badger57, September 27, 2016, 8:43pm; Reply: 4
A man out of his time.

Incidentally, his meeting with the scammers from the Daily Telegraph was arranged by his agent, Scott McGarvey who made 60+ appearances for Town in the 80s.

[url]http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10595592/scott-mcgarvey-naive-but-denies-wrongdoing-in-sam-allardyce-sting-lawyer-says[/url]

Or Scott McGarbage as I preferred to call him!
Didn't realise he'd played so many times for us though. I guess he really was that anonymous.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, September 27, 2016, 8:43pm; Reply: 5
I give it a month until he's back at Sunderland. As for England we may be looking at a prolonged Southgate caretakership
Posted by: Mrbusdriver, September 27, 2016, 8:50pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Bigdog

If Big Sam was not  in football he'd be on  :)Rogue Traders :)getting chased across a car park in Bolton by Dom Littlewood for a dodgy extension.
Posted by: buckstown, September 27, 2016, 8:50pm; Reply: 7
I feel sorry for Sam. After waiting all his career for a chance like that, he screws it up. Definitely naive, probably stupid but he must feel so embarrassed.
I hate that sort of journalism, really hate it.
Posted by: WetFlannel, September 27, 2016, 8:54pm; Reply: 8
I don't think we should be feeling sorry for him, regardless of the journalist's tactics the fact that he did what he did is inexcusable.
Posted by: kevikov, September 27, 2016, 9:02pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from WetFlannel
I don't think we should be feeling sorry for him, regardless of the journalist's tactics the fact that he did what he did is inexcusable.

Agree, and just downright greedy.
National manager, £3m plus bonuses a year and he's trying shifty deals to make himself some more money.

Sad fact of football at the highest level.

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 27, 2016, 9:10pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from kevikov

National manager, £3m plus bonuses a year and he's trying shifty deals to make himself some more money.

Agree completely. He's gone on about being England manager for so long and then when he gets it he uses it to try and make even more money on the side. Unbelievably stupid and greedy.
Posted by: Grim74, September 27, 2016, 9:19pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from buckstown
I feel sorry for Sam. After waiting all his career for a chance like that, he screws it up. Definitely naive, probably stupid but he must feel so embarrassed.

Great journalism exposed Sam for the greedy corrupt illegitimate he is.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 27, 2016, 9:51pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from WetFlannel

I agree with you, he deserves no sympathy for being an idiot and taking notice of other idiots

I do feel a bit sad though to see a bloke getting his life's ambition one day and throwing it away 67 days later. And the issue isn't just an English old school manager one. He's not a Bassett, well, maybe a Wimbledon Bassett perhaps. ;) I don't believe for one moment he's any different to other Prem manager, UK or foreign. They would all cheerfully use the agent system in the same way. Allardyce was just naive enough to fall for the three card trick encouraged by his own equally thick advisors.
Posted by: Meza, September 27, 2016, 9:58pm; Reply: 13
He is an idiot for opening himself out to strangers.  This will one of the biggest things he'll regret for the rest of his life.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, September 27, 2016, 10:02pm; Reply: 14
All those years as a player and manager, he'll only be remembered as a fraud now.
Posted by: Mrbusdriver, September 27, 2016, 10:05pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
All those years as a player and manager, he'll only be remembered as a fraud now.

Very clear what his priority is bank balance , interested in leaving a legacy for his family , can't knock him to much, it's not fraud but his integrity has been exposed , if you never knew before about him , you do now  8)
Posted by: supertown, September 27, 2016, 10:16pm; Reply: 16
Silly , greedy man. The next revelations about the bent premiership managers should be interesting
Posted by: forza ivano, September 27, 2016, 10:19pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from supertown
Silly , greedy man. The next revelations about the bent premiership managers should be interesting

I hope radio 4 today get Harry red knapp on to help provide some advice and insight into the situation ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: RoboCod, September 27, 2016, 10:22pm; Reply: 18
I find it odd that his mocking of Hodgeson has been overlooked. Allardyce is a greedy loudmouth, but he'll shrug that off and carry on in football regardless as only a greedy, selfish oaf can.
But I wonder if he'll feel at least a little foolish when his and Roy's paths cross, if he can look him in the eye.

Yer, he probably can.
Posted by: Ipswin, September 27, 2016, 10:27pm; Reply: 19
I note that fu(king w@nker Shearer has been quick to jump in and twist the knife
Posted by: Hagrid, September 27, 2016, 10:29pm; Reply: 20
Fat greedy tosser. Hope he wont be in football again.  Saying that we have Hoddle who makes disgusting comments about the disabled and he still works in the media.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 27, 2016, 10:29pm; Reply: 21
Fook him. Football at the top level sickens me, with all the greed. The fact that he has an agent and a financial advisor tells you all you need to know about the sad state of our game.  Players doing naff adverts pisses me off as well. It's not like they need the money.
Posted by: RoboCod, September 27, 2016, 10:32pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Ipswin
I note that fu(king w@nker Shearer has been quick to jump in and twist the knife

"I'm angry, I'm sad, I'm staggered at the misjudgement from a guy who said this was his dream job," the ex-England striker told BBC Radio 5 live.
"It's incredible and a catastrophic misjudgement by Sam and his advisers."

That's not twisting the knife, that's telling it like it is.

The Sports guy at the Indy puts it perfectly:
"The sums of money and avarice of it all is sickening. You look at the gulf in class between some of the top managers in the Premier League - the likes of Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp - and the sheer bare-faced grubbiness to it is just shocking."
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 27, 2016, 10:46pm; Reply: 23
Dodgy Harry next lol
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 27, 2016, 11:03pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from buckstown

Job at the pinnacle of his country's football? £3million quid a year? Yet goes seeking a bit of dosh on the side. In lot's of fields he would be banned for life.
Posted by: kevikov, September 27, 2016, 11:14pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from ginnywings
Fook him. Football at the top level sickens me, with all the greed. The fact that he has an agent and a financial advisor tells you all you need to know about the sad state of our game.  Players doing naff adverts pisses me off as well. It's not like they need the money.

Bloody right! Joe hart (purely for example, all players who do it pee me off) earning thousands and thousands every day never mind every week at Man City, feels the need and has the front to do dandruff ads!

No shame these days anywhere !

Posted by: RonMariner, September 27, 2016, 11:33pm; Reply: 26
But on the plus side he would be a shoe in for Twit of the Week..... so he would at least leave with one trophy.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 27, 2016, 11:54pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from RonMariner
But on the plus side he would be a shoe in for Twit of the Week..... so he would at least leave with one trophy.

'kinnell yeah! We should do a mock up and send it to him with a nice card:

Dear Sam, sorry to hear you are down on your luck. Hope this brings some light at this difficult time. You're a winner in our eyes.
Posted by: stevethefish, September 28, 2016, 6:39am; Reply: 28
One thing I detest in life is greed. I come across so many talented people in my business - who don't give a excrement about anything but personal excessive financial enhancement.

Why would you even consider a meeting ?

Poor judgement, poor class by him. What a complete bell end.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 28, 2016, 7:41am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Ipswin

here here he should be next England Manager just so when he felicitations up he cant open his trap ever again or Whittle gets to renew his elbow with Shearers lip.
Posted by: DocTower, September 28, 2016, 7:52am; Reply: 30
It's just a sad state of affairs, I really thought that with getting Big Sam I n as England manager we might have seen a new era . I do detest the tabloids even more so now . Grubby secrets , grubby stories written by grubby little men . Sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut better not to know than know at all . Bankers bonuses  chairman's bonus's  paid millions for failure  and of course Philip Green saga .   Goes on in all walks of life , if we too were on the band wagon would we be any different?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 28, 2016, 8:14am; Reply: 31
Greedy illegitimate good riddance
Posted by: golfer, September 28, 2016, 8:19am; Reply: 32
Quoted from Bigdog

So would a Rowntrees fruit pastille .
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, September 28, 2016, 8:31am; Reply: 33
Quoted from DocTower
It's just a sad state of affairs, I really thought that with getting Big Sam I n as England manager we might have seen a new era . I do detest the tabloids even more so now . Grubby secrets , grubby stories written by grubby little men . Sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut better not to know than know at all . Bankers bonuses  chairman's bonus's  paid millions for failure  and of course Philip Green saga .   Goes on in all walks of life , if we too were on the band wagon would we be any different?

Have to say I am not too impressed with this type of journalism, but thinking about it why would the Telegraph set this sting up?

The only reasons I can come up with is that 1) Big Sam has a reputation for this & this is known in the game or 2) One of the players and/or Agent he has dealt with in the past has approached the Telegraph got a nice sum themselves and dropped him in it.

Have to say the greed of these top Footballers/Managers never cease to amaze me and I would love someone to organise a national withdrawal of our Sky sports subscriptions and see how they fare then, problem is I watch the Rugby League (a proper Premiership); golf and cricket otherwise the Premiership football would go for me.

Not sure who we will get in next as not sure how many of these supposedly top guys are not on the take one way or another. Sadly would be a foreigner & Wenger for me.
Posted by: golfer, September 28, 2016, 8:36am; Reply: 34
Quoted from kevikov

It seems the more you get the more you want.Why do we put up with it. A lot of these people are that greedy they would even charge fans extortionate amounts to be shown around Stamford Bridge.Of all the managers I have known personally you would be surprised how many would be open to a bung.If I were to write a book there would be that many injunctions taken out The football fraternity are no worse than others and the vast majority are honest folk like the rest of us but one bad egg.......
Posted by: Maringer, September 28, 2016, 8:51am; Reply: 35
Reportedly, the Telegraph have evidence of 8 former or current Premiershite managers accepting bungs as well. I don't think they just went after Allardyce alone, but he was caught up in a wider-ranging investigation. Bet the journo's couldn't believe their luck at hooking such a high-profile fish.

As for Allardyce, well personally, I'd have thought that a salary of £3 million a year would be enough to make you concentrate on the job 100% rather than looking to pocket more by jetting off to Hong Kong a few times a year to give 'advice' about football matters.

That's lost him £6 million at least, I'd have thought, and probably £12 million providing he qualified for the World Cup next time because England managers tend to be allowed to fail in two tournaments before being moved on. TotW without a doubt, probably TotY.
Posted by: RoboCod, September 28, 2016, 10:27am; Reply: 36
Allardyce said he was leaving the country for a break to reflect on what had happened, insisting he attended the hotel meeting as a favour to football agent Scott McGarvey, who he said was "down on his luck".

Poor old Scott, as good in football agency as he was in the box with the ball ::)
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 28, 2016, 10:35am; Reply: 37
A man out of his time.

Can't see that on the works internet, was he wearing that coat?
Posted by: golfer, September 28, 2016, 12:07pm; Reply: 38
I theenk if Arso Vinger change hes cuntree to Inglish he wood make good man maniger. He could give them kik up the arson to scor mor goles like thay doo at Emiratos. I see it at on way to London when I go to trane for Bung classes. I ave no difikulty lerning foren langwidges so I cud traslayt hes instrikshuns to hes players if he wonts and be thee pres ofiser so he cud get hes intenshuns over to the fans lyk me and yous.He cud ave man with umbereller as hes asistance in kace it reigns. Eef yu ar readin this I sujest yoo get a job.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 28, 2016, 12:31pm; Reply: 39
He gets caught with his hand in the till and still walks away with a million quid  :)
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 28, 2016, 12:57pm; Reply: 40
Perhaps I shouldn't but I feel sorry for him. He gets the job he' wanted all his life and he carries on as per normal with his "advisers" and agents then ....... bang he's caught in a sting, not by the tabloids though but by two eminently respectable Daily Telegraph journos.

OK he seems greedy and perhaps he is but he is no different to several other managers according to the Telegraph and anecdotally I'd guess that all the Prem managers have had sweeteners and bungs over the years for helping to bend the rules. It has been going on for years since Don Revie got caught in the sand in Dubai. Even the Great God Of Football Who Can Now Do No Wrong (Brian Clough) was under investigation when he retired.

Allardyce was wrong. No doubt. You can't make an excuse that someone else was doing it as well. But the real villains of this get off scot free yet again. The suits inside Lancaster Gate set these rules and they know they are being broken on a daily basis but they do nothing about it. So what will Martin Glenn do next? He'll ruin a good young manager by appointing Howe or he'll get another foreigner in who wants a huge payday to set up his retirement fund.

The FA is a shambles and the PL will keep very, very quiet because PL bosses know that deep down their money grubbing league is responsible for this mess. Allardyce is just the dupe, the tip of a very nasty iceberg.
Posted by: Mrbusdriver, September 28, 2016, 1:30pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from golfer

It seems the more you get the more you want.Why do we put up with it. A lot of these people are that greedy they would even charge fans extortionate amounts to be shown around Stamford Bridge.Of all the managers I have known personally you would be surprised how many would be open to a bung.If I were to write a book there would be that many injunctions taken out The football fraternity are no worse than others and the vast majority are honest folk like the rest of us but one bad egg.......

If your part of the fraternity then you should know the statement (vast majority are honest)  is not accurate , managers, asst managers , coaches , scouts , agents . The sums of money floating around are too much of a temptation, saying that there is just one bad egg is absurd and I think misleading , the whole spectrum is making and generating unseen money. I believe this statement to be more of a true account.
Example - league 2 manager - wage 50k a year picks up 12k brown envelope
                  Asst manager.   Offers 12k cash(notice watch (omega ) disappear )
                  Coaches.        Offers a watch and 13k cash
                  Scouts.           Offers a watch and 14k cash
                  Agents.          Offers a watch and 15k cash
Agent acting in best interest of his player bla bla bla bla and this is just for letting one player into first team squad. I'm nothing to do with football fraternity but don't make wool and try cover my eyes either.
:)
Posted by: Mrbusdriver, September 28, 2016, 1:38pm; Reply: 42

Allardyce was wrong. No doubt. You can't make an excuse that someone else was doing it as well. But the real villains of this get off scot free yet again. The suits inside Lancaster Gate set these rules and they know they are being broken on a daily basis but they do nothing about it. So what will Martin Glenn do next? He'll ruin a good young manager by appointing Howe or he'll get another foreigner in who wants a huge payday to set up his retirement fund.

The FA is a shambles and the PL will keep very, very quiet because PL bosses know that deep down their money grubbing league is responsible for this mess. Allardyce is just the dupe, the tip of a very nasty iceberg.

This bit, good reading.

Posted by: Abdul19, September 28, 2016, 1:48pm; Reply: 43
Wonder if *CENSORED* will be named. Some of the deals he's done with Jorge Mendes players look a bit iffy (Falcao FFS!)

Makes me yearn for the good old honest days of Cloughy and Terry Venables.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 28, 2016, 3:09pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Abdul19
Wonder if *CENSORED* will be named. Some of the deals he's done with Jorge Mendes players look a bit iffy (Falcao FFS!)

Makes me yearn for the good old honest days of Cloughy and Terry Venables.

;D

Posted by: golfer, September 28, 2016, 5:23pm; Reply: 45

;D

:) :) :)
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 28, 2016, 5:49pm; Reply: 46
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ti6LFKi.gif[/img]

Allardyce the greedy pig, making his escape.
Posted by: golfer, September 28, 2016, 7:49pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Mrbusdriver

If your part of the fraternity then you should know the statement (vast majority are honest)  is not accurate , managers, asst managers , coaches , scouts , agents . The sums of money floating around are too much of a temptation, saying that there is just one bad egg is absurd and I think misleading , the whole spectrum is making and generating unseen money. I believe this statement to be more of a true account.
Example - league 2 manager - wage 50k a year picks up 12k brown envelope
                  Asst manager.   Offers 12k cash(notice watch (omega ) disappear )
                  Coaches.        Offers a watch and 13k cash
                  Scouts.           Offers a watch and 14k cash
                  Agents.          Offers a watch and 15k cash
Agent acting in best interest of his player bla bla bla bla and this is just for letting one player into first team squad. I'm nothing to do with football fraternity but don't make wool and try cover my eyes either.
:)

Poppycock
Posted by: Mrbusdriver, September 28, 2016, 10:10pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from golfer

Poppycock

i can not take you sir seriously , when your clearly not being honest.

But trying to defend your fraternity . I don't need your approval to know what happens. Your approval means nothing , and I question your own ethics if you are trying to say this does not happen . Which by default you clearly are. Agents pay players for contracts , agents make sure there investments get played. Stop living in denial golfer or your talking Poppycock. Which is it??
Posted by: Mrbusdriver, September 28, 2016, 11:14pm; Reply: 49
http://news.sky.com/story/football-coach-tommy-wright-suspended-over-transfer-bung-claims-10597497

Yea poppycock , rubs chin

Barnsley head coach.
QPR manager Jimmy also implicated on so called 55k speech payment.

You couldn't make this up, I'm done talking to you golfer on this subject your pathetic for calling this poppycock.

Trying to say what I wrote was poppycock , when I read in between the lines and low and behold more news comes to light exposing what I mentioned about your fraternity , sleep well golfer.
Posted by: mariner91, September 28, 2016, 11:46pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Mrbusdriver
http://news.sky.com/story/football-coach-tommy-wright-suspended-over-transfer-bung-claims-10597497

Barnsley head coach.

You couldn't make this up, I'm done talking to you golfer on this subject your pathetic for calling this poppycock.

Trying to say what I wrote was poppycock , when I read in between the lines and low and behold more news comes to light exposing what I mentioned about your fraternity , sleep well golfer.

No you didn't, they literally reported there were others allegedly involved  ;D.
Posted by: Mrbusdriver, September 29, 2016, 12:35am; Reply: 51
Quoted from mariner91

No you didn't, they literally reported there were others allegedly involved  ;D.

:K) allegedly involved , paint it like Picasso , nice work ( sarcasm )

I rest my case now, I win since your resorting to allegedly to win the obvious.
Posted by: mariner91, September 29, 2016, 7:53am; Reply: 52
Quoted from Mrbusdriver

I can't even work out what this is meant to mean.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 29, 2016, 8:21am; Reply: 53
Quoted from Mrbusdriver

You are 80's glory and i claim my £5.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 29, 2016, 10:14am; Reply: 54
Quoted from Mrbusdriver

Barnsley head coach.

Ernie Wise is alive and well.
Posted by: Mrbusdriver, September 29, 2016, 4:24pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from arryarryarry

Ernie Wise is alive and well.

Bless you, wait for the Christmas special becuase you are special .

Posted by: Mrbusdriver, September 29, 2016, 4:26pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from mariner91

I can't even work out what this is meant to mean.

I hear a spoon full of sugar helps the ?

Posted by: arryarryarry, September 29, 2016, 4:37pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Mrbusdriver

Bless you, wait for the Christmas special becuase you are special .

Or even because I am special. :P
Posted by: Mrbusdriver, September 29, 2016, 4:45pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from arryarryarry

Or even because I am special. :P

Well next time we play morecambe, show me how special.
Posted by: mariner91, September 29, 2016, 4:48pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Mrbusdriver

I hear a spoon full of sugar helps the ?

Dentist make money  ;)
Posted by: highcliff mariner, September 29, 2016, 6:30pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from mariner91

Dentist make money  ;)

The Egyptian economy ?
Posted by: Mrbusdriver, September 29, 2016, 9:21pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from highcliff mariner

The Egyptian economy ?

No but Egypt got evacuated from all the hidden innuendos.
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 11:50pm