5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
SpudUDontLike
August 29, 2016, 10:57pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +309
Gold Stars: 8
Not really ear cupping related, admittedly, but I was just sitting here reflecting on how far Omar has come already from the time of that first interview at BP during which he was, as memorably described by a poster on here, "shaking like a shitting dog". The fact that clearly he's still some way from where he could get to is very, very exciting.

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
GTFCNiles
August 29, 2016, 11:29pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +42
Gold Stars: 6
Not like the fishy to over analyse something....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
davmariner
August 30, 2016, 3:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
Think the manner in which Omar cups both of his ears when he celebrates is more of a 'let me hear you chant my name' similar to the way he pointed to the name on the back of his shirt when he completed his hatrick v Stevenage.

Regarding Hurst at Wembley, I personally don't have a problem with it. Have had my season ticket in the Lower Findus for a good few years now but the odd time I've sat in the Main Stand for cup games I've been surprised by the amount of stick he's received for various things, ranging from being short, being a Yorkie, not being vocal enough on the touchline to making disagreeable substitutions. From what I hear that hasn't been uncommon over the last couple of seasons. So the way I interpreted his ear cupping more as a 'can't hear you now' to those individuals rather than a dig at the whole fanbase.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
Mrs Doyle
August 30, 2016, 4:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I don't blame him like a morgue sometimes at BP.

It's a passionate game players react differently some kiss the shirt badge like Magnay did lol.

Boggs always hits his chest with his hand as well to say look at me well I don't mind that one bit it shows how much he feels about the game.

Keep it going Omar the stage is yours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
chaos33
August 30, 2016, 6:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,973
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from GTFCNiles

Well, to bring it full circle - perhaps some have over analysed.

The original point I made was very simple...

I hope Bogle isn't receiving abuse from his own supporters (and cupping his ear to goad them) because he's doing really well, and there is no need for either. If it's just part of his celebration and calling for adoration, fine.

UTM

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
gary_elton
August 30, 2016, 7:57am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from GTFCNiles

spot on... In my opinion Omar is simply saying Come on Lets Hear You !!!

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The cupping of the ears

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.