Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Senior Tickets.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 205 Guests

Senior Tickets.

This thread currently has 1,363 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
August 23, 2016, 6:22pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Senior Tickets.

Hi Bax perhaps you can answer this I notice both Wycombe and Notts County make their senior tickets available to 60 + whilst we don't classify anybody as a senior until 65 is there a league policy re the age one qualifies as a senior and is the club penny pinching again.  

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
friskneymariner
August 23, 2016, 7:16pm

Champagne Drinker
Just noticed Blackpool  classify those over  60 as seniors.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
Caveman
August 23, 2016, 8:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
This was the case at Wembley a few years ago when we played
MK Dons in the final.

Our 60 to 65 year-olds were charged the full price price whilst
their's were only paying the concessionary price.

So this is nothing new. Presumably Grimsby and Cleethorpes have
more than their share of wealthy OAP's.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
golfer
August 23, 2016, 8:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Do you think that if we wrote a letter they would give us a retrospective 5 year refund, including cup games it would only be about £800 each { + interest }  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
bax
August 23, 2016, 9:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from friskneymariner
Senior Tickets.

Hi Bax perhaps you can answer this I notice both Wycombe and Notts County make their senior tickets available to 60 + whilst we don't classify anybody as a senior until 65 is there a league policy re the age one qualifies as a senior and is the club penny pinching again.  

I'm not a club employee, probably worth asking them? Sorry!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
Cloudy
August 23, 2016, 9:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Interesting that we have some people complaining about the budget on on thread and on another some wanting cheaper entry?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
friskneymariner
August 23, 2016, 9:52pm

Champagne Drinker
The thing is that the majority of established league clubs I believe treat 60+ as senior and we and a handful of other clubs don't ,surely you can see the incongruity of this.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
KingstonMariner
August 23, 2016, 11:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I'd have thought that we'll be seeing the re-definition of 'senior' back in line with our 65 rather than the other way round. Especially in more prosperous areas where people live longer (and have to work longer in order to earn a pension).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
friskneymariner
August 24, 2016, 10:55am

Champagne Drinker
Give over in the Public Sector it is rare to see anyone working over 55 and it is not always from choice.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
grimslaa
August 24, 2016, 3:31pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +75
A quick google search for football league ticket rules brings their conditions of issue which make no specific mention of ages for any concession. I assume that makes it a per club decision based on how they define 'senior'. Just google 'senior ticket prices football games' and the majority of the clubs on the first page class senior as 65+ so I may suggest that the club are in the majority here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Senior Tickets.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.