3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
pizzzza
August 24, 2016, 10:34pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Well, I am out of the country with work on the 20th but hope to be able to catch the broadcast. As most will know I do not hold the current board in high regard and have many questions that I would like the answer to. Is there any way of submitting them beforehand?
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
jonnyboy82
August 25, 2016, 7:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Think you can send questions via shemail before to the club ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
ska face
August 25, 2016, 7:47am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,652
Gold Stars: 847
Is there an option to email questions through to The Trust beforehand?
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
bax
August 25, 2016, 8:13am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
I'm sure there will be - as soon as we've had that discussion we'll publish any relevant details.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
Chrisblor
August 25, 2016, 9:48am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,790
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from barralad

Well it's taken a long while (and I wouldn't phrase it in quite those terms) but I agree with Grim Reaper. As I said before this is the chance for people to get answers about the issues that fill up page after page on here. If people don't take the opportunity then it would be very difficult to argue if the club refused to get involved in such an evening again.
Surely people cannot be really thinking that there will be handpicked members of the audience and handpicked questions?

It's beginning to sound like excuses are being "got in" early.

I'd go, but yet again it's being held on a Tuesday evening which makes it difficult or impossible for exiles to attend. The problem with e-mailing questions in is that it doesn't offer the opportunity to ask follow up questions to any initial response from the club. Rather than e-mail, maybe offer the opportunity for exiled supporters to phone or skype in? Or just hold it on a Saturday before or after a match when it will be much easier for exiled supporters to attend?

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
barralad
August 25, 2016, 9:58am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Chrisblor

I'd go, but yet again it's being held on a Tuesday evening which makes it difficult or impossible for exiles to attend. The problem with e-mailing questions in is that it doesn't offer the opportunity to ask follow up questions to any initial response from the club. Rather than e-mail, maybe offer the opportunity for exiled supporters to phone or skype in? Or just hold it on a Saturday before or after a match when it will be much easier for exiled supporters to attend?

I'm no technical expert but I think Bax and some of the others are trying to come up with a live feed. I have literally no idea what form it will take. We looked at pre/post match but the calls on people's time on a match day make it very difficult to arrange.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
pizzzza
August 25, 2016, 10:07am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from barralad

We looked at pre/post match but the calls on people's time on a match day make it very difficult to arrange.

Let's not take the easy road by default. Difficult paths lead to beautiful destinations. I know you can make a forum on a match day work, where there is a will there is a way.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
bax
August 25, 2016, 11:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor

We/The Trust are intending to broadcast it using Facebook Live. I'm hoping that we will be able to have people ask questions based on questions/answers they see and hear, so there will be interaction rather than pre-submitted questions (which of course will also be welcomed). This will all be outlined a bit nearer the time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
Chrisblor
August 25, 2016, 11:35am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,790
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from bax

We/The Trust are intending to broadcast it using Facebook Live. I'm hoping that we will be able to have people ask questions based on questions/answers they see and hear, so there will be interaction rather than pre-submitted questions (which of course will also be welcomed). This will all be outlined a bit nearer the time.

That still leaves exiles reliant on someone from the Trust picking up on questions submitted over Facebook. It's not the same as being able to directly question and follow up responses from the club representatives which would be possible through Skype. Having used Facebook Live quite a lot recently I don't feel it's a particularly resiliant platform for soliciting comments - the live stream often breaks up and comments stop automatically appearing unless you refresh the page and restart the stream. Youtube would be a much better method for streaming it as its far more reliable and lets you run a chat alongside the stream for questions.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
bax
August 25, 2016, 11:44am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor

That still leaves exiles reliant on someone from the Trust picking up on questions submitted over Facebook. It's not the same as being able to directly question and follow up responses from the club representatives which would be possible through Skype. Having used Facebook Live quite a lot recently I don't feel it's a particularly resiliant platform for soliciting comments - the live stream often breaks up and comments stop automatically appearing unless you refresh the page and restart the stream. Youtube would be a much better method for streaming it as its far more reliable and lets you run a chat alongside the stream for questions.

Thanks - we'll take a look at whether we can do it from YouTube. Ultimately we want people who live away from the area to be able to interact in the best way possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.