Quoted from bax

nope - far from it.

Just handpicked questions.  :P
Posted by: denni266, August 24, 2016, 7:25pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from ginnywings

Just handpicked questions.  :P

no  point in having it then
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, August 24, 2016, 8:01pm; Reply: 5
No point in having it because all the keyboard warriors wont appear.
Posted by: barralad, August 24, 2016, 8:09pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
No point in having it because all the keyboard warriors wont appear.

Well it's taken a long while (and I wouldn't phrase it in quite those terms) but I agree with Grim Reaper. As I said before this is the chance for people to get answers about the issues that fill up page after page on here. If people don't take the opportunity then it would be very difficult to argue if the club refused to get involved in such an evening again.
Surely people cannot be really thinking that there will be handpicked members of the audience and handpicked questions? :o

It's beginning to sound like excuses are being "got in" early.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 24, 2016, 8:17pm; Reply: 7
I hope the little sticky out tongue smily made it obvious i was joking about the hand picked questions.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 24, 2016, 8:27pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings
I hope the little sticky out tongue smily made it obvious i was joking about the hand picked questions.

Your irony wasn't obvious to everyone Ginny  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 24, 2016, 9:13pm; Reply: 9
I'm off. I'm easy to recognise. I have the letters QWERTY on my right breast.
Posted by: pizzzza, August 24, 2016, 10:34pm; Reply: 10
Well, I am out of the country with work on the 20th but hope to be able to catch the broadcast. As most will know I do not hold the current board in high regard and have many questions that I would like the answer to. Is there any way of submitting them beforehand?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 25, 2016, 7:25am; Reply: 11
Think you can send questions via shemail before to the club ?
Posted by: ska face, August 25, 2016, 7:47am; Reply: 12
Is there an option to email questions through to The Trust beforehand?
Posted by: bax, August 25, 2016, 8:13am; Reply: 13
I'm sure there will be - as soon as we've had that discussion we'll publish any relevant details.
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 25, 2016, 9:48am; Reply: 14
Quoted from barralad

Well it's taken a long while (and I wouldn't phrase it in quite those terms) but I agree with Grim Reaper. As I said before this is the chance for people to get answers about the issues that fill up page after page on here. If people don't take the opportunity then it would be very difficult to argue if the club refused to get involved in such an evening again.
Surely people cannot be really thinking that there will be handpicked members of the audience and handpicked questions? :o

It's beginning to sound like excuses are being "got in" early.

I'd go, but yet again it's being held on a Tuesday evening which makes it difficult or impossible for exiles to attend. The problem with e-mailing questions in is that it doesn't offer the opportunity to ask follow up questions to any initial response from the club. Rather than e-mail, maybe offer the opportunity for exiled supporters to phone or skype in? Or just hold it on a Saturday before or after a match when it will be much easier for exiled supporters to attend?
Posted by: barralad, August 25, 2016, 9:58am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Chrisblor

I'd go, but yet again it's being held on a Tuesday evening which makes it difficult or impossible for exiles to attend. The problem with e-mailing questions in is that it doesn't offer the opportunity to ask follow up questions to any initial response from the club. Rather than e-mail, maybe offer the opportunity for exiled supporters to phone or skype in? Or just hold it on a Saturday before or after a match when it will be much easier for exiled supporters to attend?

I'm no technical expert but I think Bax and some of the others are trying to come up with a live feed. I have literally no idea what form it will take. We looked at pre/post match but the calls on people's time on a match day make it very difficult to arrange.

Posted by: pizzzza, August 25, 2016, 10:07am; Reply: 16
Quoted from barralad

We looked at pre/post match but the calls on people's time on a match day make it very difficult to arrange.

Let's not take the easy road by default. Difficult paths lead to beautiful destinations. I know you can make a forum on a match day work, where there is a will there is a way.
Posted by: bax, August 25, 2016, 11:03am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Chrisblor

We/The Trust are intending to broadcast it using Facebook Live. I'm hoping that we will be able to have people ask questions based on questions/answers they see and hear, so there will be interaction rather than pre-submitted questions (which of course will also be welcomed). This will all be outlined a bit nearer the time.
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 25, 2016, 11:35am; Reply: 18
Quoted from bax

We/The Trust are intending to broadcast it using Facebook Live. I'm hoping that we will be able to have people ask questions based on questions/answers they see and hear, so there will be interaction rather than pre-submitted questions (which of course will also be welcomed). This will all be outlined a bit nearer the time.

That still leaves exiles reliant on someone from the Trust picking up on questions submitted over Facebook. It's not the same as being able to directly question and follow up responses from the club representatives which would be possible through Skype. Having used Facebook Live quite a lot recently I don't feel it's a particularly resiliant platform for soliciting comments - the live stream often breaks up and comments stop automatically appearing unless you refresh the page and restart the stream. Youtube would be a much better method for streaming it as its far more reliable and lets you run a chat alongside the stream for questions.
Posted by: bax, August 25, 2016, 11:44am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Chrisblor

That still leaves exiles reliant on someone from the Trust picking up on questions submitted over Facebook. It's not the same as being able to directly question and follow up responses from the club representatives which would be possible through Skype. Having used Facebook Live quite a lot recently I don't feel it's a particularly resiliant platform for soliciting comments - the live stream often breaks up and comments stop automatically appearing unless you refresh the page and restart the stream. Youtube would be a much better method for streaming it as its far more reliable and lets you run a chat alongside the stream for questions.

Thanks - we'll take a look at whether we can do it from YouTube. Ultimately we want people who live away from the area to be able to interact in the best way possible.
Posted by: Cloudy, August 25, 2016, 11:46am; Reply: 20
Quoted from bax

Thanks - we'll take a look at whether we can do it from YouTube. Ultimately we want people who live away from the area to be able to interact in the best way possible.

or they could move!! ;)
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, August 25, 2016, 3:45pm; Reply: 21
last time the club tried to do something live it was abused by a few idiots posting rude and offensive material
what make you think this time will be any different

Posted by: Davec, August 25, 2016, 3:53pm; Reply: 22
I can remember when Paul Hurst and Rob Scott did a question and answer session on the Grimsby website and we had people sending personal abuse to players.

I remember one of them said "get rid of Gary Silk he's flipping excrement" I wonder what Scott and Hurst thought to that
Posted by: gtfc98, August 25, 2016, 4:02pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Davec
I can remember when Paul Hurst and Rob Scott did a question and answer session on the Grimsby website and we had people sending personal abuse to players.

I remember one of them said "get rid of Gary Silk he's flipping excrement" I wonder what Scott and Hurst thought to that

Was that you Aaron?

Posted by: oldun, August 25, 2016, 4:22pm; Reply: 24
I am not sure what the club intend to achieve by this. What sort of questions are they expecting to deal with. Shooting themselves in the foot I reckon. Will the full board be there? Or will it be another Fenty show. Surely The Trust is the right vehicle to use the get fans concerns/ suggestions aired in a sensible way. Providing that The Board take them seriously of course.
Posted by: Freemoash88, August 25, 2016, 7:36pm; Reply: 25
I remember when we had a chat room last time it was after the Mike Newell Fiasco with Fenty. All we had for 20 mins was pictures of broken chairs being spammed.  ;D ;D
Posted by: Meza, August 25, 2016, 7:47pm; Reply: 26
How about those that cant make it lists the questions on here and those that are going if they dont mind asking them.  If a few are going just split the questions.
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 5:12am