This thread currently has 7,915 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Golden fox
August 22, 2016, 8:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
I rate Vose , my friend who I went to the Derby County game with said at that early stage "Vose could be a target for the boo boys " and I agree  . If he's not pulling up any trees after 15-20 games then maybe it's time to have a look , but after 5 no . Come on guys give him a chance , he hasn't been used in his preferred role and has a style I would describe as languid which will give the impression that he's doing less at times than he actually is . Surely he should truly be judged if and when he gets a chance just behind a lone striker in his preferred role . As much a fan of Paul I am he does like to put square pegs in round holes at times . UTM Fox
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
Pastandpresent
August 22, 2016, 11:42pm
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -226
Ive watched the same games as most of the fans and all I'm seeing is endeavour not much quality or control of matches we've given berrett a run of games and he's shown he is what he is an average joe the same as summerfield and chambers players that won't inspire you or take games by the scruff of the neck and drive you forward otherwise we would have got something out of the games we've played
The gaffer brought Vose to the club to triy to play a different way and bottle it because he didn't  get the results during preseason and returned to type with his 442 which won't work with the players hes employed
Vose got 20 minutes on Saturday played a delightful cross for chambers who your raving about who  stood on the ball then he made a goal out of nothing even if it was deflected I thought was a good goal because he's footwork was sharp leading up to to the shot and if players aren't unhappy when we're playing poorly we really have a problem
Given games Vose will be the standout player in this team its wether Paul hurst will be brave enough to trust him or go with his average joes because he's scared for his job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
davmariner
August 23, 2016, 1:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Pastandpresent
Ive watched the same games as most of the fans and all I'm seeing is endeavour not much quality or control of matches we've given berrett a run of games and he's shown he is what he is an average joe the same as summerfield and chambers players that won't inspire you or take games by the scruff of the neck and drive you forward otherwise we would have got something out of the games we've played
The gaffer brought Vose to the club to triy to play a different way and bottle it because he didn't  get the results during preseason and returned to type with his 442 which won't work with the players hes employed
Vose got 20 minutes on Saturday played a delightful cross for chambers who your raving about who  stood on the ball then he made a goal out of nothing even if it was deflected I thought was a good goal because he's footwork was sharp leading up to to the shot and if players aren't unhappy when we're playing poorly we really have a problem
Given games Vose will be the standout player in this team its wether Paul hurst will be brave enough to trust him or go with his average joes because he's scared for his job

Hi Dom

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
oldun
August 23, 2016, 7:44am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Suggest we get off his case. I don't think he is a naturally outgoing person, which can be interpreted as he does not care. He has not yet had a chance to show what he can do. Best playing in the middle behind the strikers. Can be a clever player and can score goals. Time will tell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
Pastandpresent
August 23, 2016, 9:37am
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -226
it seems like we expect to much of vose your expecting messi like games but we don't want to play to his strengths  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
August 23, 2016, 10:48am
Guest User
Quoted from oldun
Suggest we get off his case. I don't think he is a naturally outgoing person, which can be interpreted as he does not care. He has not yet had a chance to show what he can do. Best playing in the middle behind the strikers. Can be a clever player and can score goals. Time will tell.

Probably fair, he's frustrated me so far with his lack of tracking back and his body language. But if he was signed to play in a diamond (where he would need to track back and help out) or as a number 10, then he has grounds to be annoyed. That said, he should do a job and give his all whereever he is asked to play.

I look at the players Hurst signed, and I don't believe he had a 4-4-2 in mind. More of a 4-3-3 or a variation of that. He and Rob Scott tried similar 3/4 years ago but couldn't get it to work, meaning we'd signed Frankie Artus and someone else (who's name escapes), lovely left foot, changed direction well, a bit weak) who really couldn't operate in a two. Hurst ended up shunting him out wide, he lost confidence and eventually moved on.

I see similar here if I'm honest. You need to be able to sell a 4-3-3 to your players, it should be easier if Hurst signed them to play in that formation.

All I see is disjointed players, losing confidence. I also note our 37 goal striker who left the club after Hurst insinuated to him we would not be playing 4-4-2 would be a damn sight better than the ageing Vernon (on a 2 year deal), certainly in a 4-4-2.
Reply: 25 - 42
livosnose
August 23, 2016, 10:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,165
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from 75

Probably fair, he's frustrated me so far with his lack of tracking back and his body language. But if he was signed to play in a diamond (where he would need to track back and help out) or as a number 10, then he has grounds to be annoyed. That said, he should do a job and give his all whereever he is asked to play.

I look at the players Hurst signed, and I don't believe he had a 4-4-2 in mind. More of a 4-3-3 or a variation of that. He and Rob Scott tried similar 3/4 years ago but couldn't get it to work, meaning we'd signed Frankie Artus and someone else (who's name escapes), lovely left foot, changed direction well, a bit weak) who really couldn't operate in a two. Hurst ended up shunting him out wide, he lost confidence and eventually moved on.

Rob Eagle ?

I see similar here if I'm honest. You need to be able to sell a 4-3-3 to your players, it should be easier if Hurst signed them to play in that formation.

All I see is disjointed players, losing confidence. I also note our 37 goal striker who left the club after Hurst insinuated to him we would not be playing 4-4-2 would be a damn sight better than the ageing Vernon (on a 2 year deal), certainly in a 4-4-2.

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
arryarryarry
August 23, 2016, 11:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 75

Paddy McLaughlin?
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
August 23, 2016, 11:54am
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

Paddy McLaughlin?

Aye, thanks for that! Was annoying me. He was a good player in a three. Same as Artus, and like Frankie he was moved out wide when he couldn't deal with the hbustle and bustle.
Reply: 28 - 42
davmariner
August 23, 2016, 11:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
It's a shame what happened with McLaughlin. I'd seen him play for York quite a bit and he'd always impressed me. I remember being surprised that we managed to sign him, especially as the previous season he'd got into double figures for York in League 2. Would have liked to have seen him given a chance in his more natural position.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › berrett

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.