The Yard Dog
August 19, 2016, 2:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from gary_elton
I havent gone thru all this topic or the full thread , nor am I fully up to speed on it...

but has anyone actually considered  Campaign to have[/b] Andy re-instated[b] or has it gone beyond that ??

He Resigned, lets move on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
jock dock tower
August 19, 2016, 3:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
The original mighty mariner was from the sports telegraph ( maybe in name only)  wasn't he

He certainly adorned some of the GTFC Evening Telegraph annuals in the 1950's, and was also featured on Supporter's Club badges of the same era.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
jock dock tower
August 19, 2016, 3:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Has a huge cult (think I spelt that right) following in Maryhill, home of Partick Thistle.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?s.....czsvxiUxeYgxDqDMy_qA

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
GrimRob
August 19, 2016, 4:03pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
It would certainly make a good opera. Here is my sketch for the libretto.

ACT ONE, Scene 1 - Wembley. Mighty Mariner leads the team out at Wembley and milks the adoring applause of the crowd as the team wins promotion
ACT ONE, Scene 2 - The Boardroom. The directors mull over finances and say savings have to be found
ACT TWO, Scene 1 - The Scene on the Stairs. MM and the directors clash on the stairs and harsh words are exchanged
ACT TWO, Scene 2 - MM Home. MM, wracked by indecision, finally in a fit of pique resigns on Facebook.
ACT TWO, Scene 3 - The Fishy. Adoring fans take their keyboards as news of their hero filters through
ACT THREE, Scene 1 - The Boardroom. A new mascot, the Grimsby Reaper, is found by the board
ACT THREE, Scene 2 - Blundell Park. The old MM, watching from the stands, sees his replacement. The fans boo the new mascot. old MM rushes on the pitch and confronts his replacement. the Grimsby Reaper. A battle ensues.

I am uncertain of an ending. One of them could win or they both could perish.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 24
Marinerz93
August 19, 2016, 5:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from GrimRob
It would certainly make a good opera. Here is my sketch for the libretto.

ACT ONE, Scene 1 - Wembley. Mighty Mariner leads the team out at Wembley and milks the adoring applause of the crowd as the team wins promotion
ACT ONE, Scene 2 - The Boardroom. The directors mull over finances and say savings have to be found
ACT TWO, Scene 1 - The Scene on the Stairs. MM and the directors clash on the stairs and harsh words are exchanged
ACT TWO, Scene 2 - MM Home. MM, wracked by indecision, finally in a fit of pique resigns on Facebook.
ACT TWO, Scene 3 - The Fishy. Adoring fans take their keyboards as news of their hero filters through
ACT THREE, Scene 1 - The Boardroom. A new mascot, the Grimsby Reaper, is found by the board
ACT THREE, Scene 2 - Blundell Park. The old MM, watching from the stands, sees his replacement. The fans boo the new mascot. old MM rushes on the pitch and confronts his replacement. the Grimsby Reaper. A battle ensues.

I am uncertain of an ending. One of them could win or they both could perish.

The Grimsby Reaper swings his scythe at Mighty Mariner, but Mighty Mariner drops to the floor by doing the splits as John Fenty comes to have a word with them both.

Swish, the sound of the scythe cutting through the air as Fenty watches Mighty Mariner disappear and the Grim Reapers scythe come towards him...

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BYE MIGHTY HELLO HARRY

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.