8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
cmackenzie4
July 1, 2016, 2:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I know Graham and chat to him on his way to the local newsagents in the mornings, nobody I know is more passionate about Town than Graham - speedy recovery to Graham. X

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 78
HertsGTFC
July 1, 2016, 2:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
I have numerous memories of Graham over the years. The first time I came across him was in the late 70s when we used to wait in the Main stand outside the tunnel for players autographs when they went out to warm up. Batchy used to wind him up something chronic.

At Braintree a couple of season's ago there was no programmes in the away end so Graham took it upon himself to try and sell the one Dave Moore had given him for free a few minutes earlier, class act!  

Get well soon fella, loads of people are right behind you!!!  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 78
fleabag1970
July 1, 2016, 4:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
This is the type of post that makes you proud to be a Town fan !! GWS Graham  and UTM !!!

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 78
jock dock tower
July 1, 2016, 5:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Love the Big Fella, always have, he's got black and white blood running through his veins. A true gent.

Don't know because I'm so far away now but I assume he still has a great relationship with the club? That being the case, why not see about the club making him Man of the Match, even before a ball has been kicked before the game against Morecambe? Give him the top rated level of hospitality for the day and make him feel like a prince.

Les's posting re the chant etc, combined with something like this would, I know, absolutely make his day. He deserves nothing less.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 78
July 1, 2016, 8:57pm
Guest User
One of our own, wish him all the very best.
Reply: 44 - 78
Grim74
July 1, 2016, 9:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Wish him a speedy recovery get well soon Graham towns no.1 fan

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 78
Rob_in_Grimsby
July 1, 2016, 9:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Get well soon Graham, he is Towns no1 fan

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 78
TheCodfather1966
July 2, 2016, 11:48am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Graham

God Bless you pal, you are a Town legend.  I have grown up seeing you at all the Town away games all over the country, always Town 100% through and through. You are  quite simply a Town legend.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 78
BottesfordMariner
July 2, 2016, 3:58pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I echo the previous messages. Get well soon  Graham.

I have known Graham since I was a kid growing up in Barcroft Street in the early/mid 70's. He hasnt changed at all. Whenever i see him now he looks just like he did 40 years ago. A Gentle man his life evolves around GTFC. I can think of no bigger fan tbh.

Sad news to hear about his illness. As someone who was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year i know being positive can be a big help in beating this. All the best fella and hope to see you back at BP in the very near future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 78
cmackenzie4
July 2, 2016, 4:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
I echo the previous messages. Get well soon  Graham.

I have known Graham since I was a kid growing up in Barcroft Street in the early/mid 70's. He hasnt changed at all. Whenever i see him now he looks just like he did 40 years ago. A Gentle man his life evolves around GTFC. I can think of no bigger fan tbh.

Sad news to hear about his illness. As someone who was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year i know being positive can be a big help in beating this. All the best fella and hope to see you back at BP in the very near future.

Best of luck to you too BM..hope all works out well for you.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Id like to wish graham a quick recovery

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.