This thread currently has 6,168 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
springstomind
July 3, 2016, 5:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Hi mate, I'm in the Army and have been for 9 years now and although I enjoy a beer and a take away here and there i keep myself really fit as its a necessity to do the job, don't get me wrong not every cap badge in the Army and Navy are required to be fit as a fiddle but you at least need to be fit going into basic training, it sounds as though you were over the BMI recruitment line so that would suggest you're quite overweight, therefore if you're serious about losing weight and really driven to join the Forces you really should use the gym, dieting will lose weight but you won't get any fitter. I cannot think of any reason why a person couldn't use the gym and if there's an underlying physical reason why you can't use the gym you'll provably find you'll fail the medical anyway.  Sorry to be negative but the honest answer is you need I exercise, a lot of people read too much into it these days with all the data and diets etc, the reality is this, if you eat more calories than you burn off, you out on weight. If you burn off more than you eat, you lose weight. Either way good luck for the future dude and hope you do it.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
July 5, 2016, 6:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from springstomind
Hi mate, I'm in the Army and have been for 9 years now and although I enjoy a beer and a take away here and there i keep myself really fit as its a necessity to do the job, don't get me wrong not every cap badge in the Army and Navy are required to be fit as a fiddle but you at least need to be fit going into basic training, it sounds as though you were over the BMI recruitment line so that would suggest you're quite overweight, therefore if you're serious about losing weight and really driven to join the Forces you really should use the gym, dieting will lose weight but you won't get any fitter. I cannot think of any reason why a person couldn't use the gym and if there's an underlying physical reason why you can't use the gym you'll provably find you'll fail the medical anyway.  Sorry to be negative but the honest answer is you need I exercise, a lot of people read too much into it these days with all the data and diets etc, the reality is this, if you eat more calories than you burn off, you out on weight. If you burn off more than you eat, you lose weight. Either way good luck for the future dude and hope you do it.  

Cheers for your honesty, pal!
I need to hear honesty as opposed to what I want to hear and to hear this from you and cmackenzie being in the forces - it gives me the mindset of what I need and must do! I know I can do it as joining the Forces is something I've wanted to do for years!

Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tips on losing weight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.