4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
May 29, 2016, 8:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Sorry, I'm going to start a new thread so this isn't lost amongst the drivel on the season ticket prices thread.

Apparently the Mariners Trust board were consulted about season ticket prices. If that is true then they should all resign in shame.

The cost of the cheapest season ticket for 1 adult and 1 child at League Two clubs next season:-

£396 - Barnet (NB. Family discounts yet to be announced)
£375 - Grimsby Town
£370 - Plymouth
£354 - Exeter City
£350 - Cambridge United
£334 - Yeovil Town
£330 - Mansfield Town
£329 - Doncaster Rovers
£325 - Hartlepool United
£322 - Colchester United
£320 - Portsmouth (£300 for PST Shareholder)
£310 - Crawley Town
£310 - Luton Town
£310 - Notts County
£304 - Stevenage
£300 - AFC Wimbledon
£296 - Newport County
£280 - Crewe Alexandra
£273 - Carlisle United
£270 - Cheltenham Town
£262 - Wycombe Wanderers
£220 - Blackpool
£219 - Morecambe
£199 - Accrington Stanley
£199 - Leyton Orient

So currently we are 2nd. BUT Barnet have announced a family discount package after a backlash over their own price rises. So the likelihood is we are going to have the costliest season tickets for 1 adult & 1 child. So disappointing for a club which has improved it's PR so much over the past year or so.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
DocTower
May 29, 2016, 8:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
These other clubs have had the FA money to help with expenses while we have not . Twenty pound after 6 years , if it assists us to bid for quality players to sign for us , I have no problem with that . This is new territory for our manager and some players so the less moaning the better .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
moosey_club
May 29, 2016, 8:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Sorry, I'm going to start a new thread so this isn't lost amongst the drivel on the season ticket prices thread.

Apparently the Mariners Trust board were consulted about season ticket prices. If that is true then they should all resign in shame.

The cost of the cheapest season ticket for 1 adult and 1 child at League Two clubs next season:-

£396 - Barnet (NB. Family discounts yet to be announced)
£375 - Grimsby Town
£370 - Plymouth
£354 - Exeter City
£350 - Cambridge United
£334 - Yeovil Town
£330 - Mansfield Town
£329 - Doncaster Rovers
£325 - Hartlepool United
£322 - Colchester United
£320 - Portsmouth (£300 for PST Shareholder)
£310 - Crawley Town
£310 - Luton Town
£310 - Notts County
£304 - Stevenage
£300 - AFC Wimbledon
£296 - Newport County
£280 - Crewe Alexandra
£273 - Carlisle United
£270 - Cheltenham Town
£262 - Wycombe Wanderers
£220 - Blackpool
£219 - Morecambe
£199 - Accrington Stanley
£199 - Leyton Orient

So currently we are 2nd. BUT Barnet have announced a family discount package after a backlash over their own price rises. So the likelihood is we are going to have the costliest season tickets for 1 adult & 1 child. So disappointing for a club which has improved it's PR so much over the past year or so.

quote facts or  figures all you like...the club and trust have looked into it ...we are consistant with other clubs and no other argument will be entered into.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
Mariner93er
May 29, 2016, 9:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Well one clubs got to be top of the list, if every time a club was top it reacted by lowering the price then itd be an endless cycle until they cost nothing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
ska face
May 29, 2016, 9:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
There is, of course, the possibility that the club have analysed the proportion of fans who make this 1 adult & 1 child purchase and decided that it's not that as much a financial priority as other categories of fan (Under 21s, for example)? Merely a suggestion, before you start.

A shame that this impacts you personally, but calling for the MT representatives to "resign in shame" is a bit dramatic.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 37
headingly_mariner
May 29, 2016, 9:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Completely agree, absolute disgrace
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
barralad
May 29, 2016, 9:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Well to be honest I don't feel like defending the Trust's position on an anonymous website.

My entirely PERSONAL opinion is that if we are to be a competitive force next year then we have to provide Paul Hurst with a competitive budget to work with. I wish desperately to see a reduction in our dependence on the benefices of one person and if this gives us the opportunity to do both those things then it is a price worth paying. Maths isn't my strongest suit but a cost of £70 for a junior season ticket means a junior is paying £3-ish per game.

If you want the Trust's response may I respectfully suggest that you direct this query in its entirety to enquiries@marinerstrust.com

Again personally speaking I do not think that I'll be accepting your kind invitation to "resign in shame". I would say however that there is always room on the Mariners Trust board for people who can offer something in the way of Positive Action to help GTFC. Ir's not really for me to comment on the abilities of someone I'm pretty sure I don't know. Only you will know whether you fit the bill or whether sadly you are one of those who hide behind anonymity on a messageboard.
If you wish to discuss my personal view further please feel free to private message me on here. I won't be responding any more on this thread because to be honest I've nothing more to say.
Ta in advance for reading...

EDIT:- I should add my name is Ian Townsend and I hold the position of Treasurer for The Mariners Trust.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
MuddyWaters
May 29, 2016, 9:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad
Well to be honest I don't feel like defending the Trust's position on an anonymous website.

My entirely PERSONAL opinion is that if we are to be a competitive force next year then we have to provide Paul Hurst with a competitive budget to work with. I wish desperately to see a reduction in our dependence on the benefices of one person and if this gives us the opportunity to do both those things then it is a price worth paying. Maths isn't my strongest suit but a cost of £70 for a junior season ticket means a junior is paying £3-ish per game.

If you want the Trust's response may I respectfully suggest that you direct this query in its entirety to enquiries@marinerstrust.com

Again personally speaking I do not think that I'll be accepting your kind invitation to "resign in shame". I would say however that there is always room on the Mariners Trust board for people who can offer something in the way of Positive Action to help GTFC. Ir's not really for me to comment on the abilities of someone I'm pretty sure I don't know. Only you will know whether you fit the bill or whether sadly you are one of those who hide behind anonymity on a messageboard.

Personally believe that it's entirely appropriate to increase all ticket prices by the small amount that they have. Possibly the biggest problem I can see now is that they were too high before - I'm happy to pay an increase as long as it sees its' way to the playing budget.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
moosey_club
May 29, 2016, 9:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from barralad

If you wish to discuss my personal view further please feel free to private message me on here. I won't be responding any more on this thread because to be honest I've nothing more to say.

Barra...
as a fans Trust spokesperson....do you feel the thoughts of the fans were... a) considered, offered...represented at any point of the pricing review
or
b) attended a board meeting and told what the prices were going be without any consultation ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 37
HackneyHaddock
May 29, 2016, 10:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I suppose the Trust can represent the supporters'  views and of course they want tickets to be as affordable as possible, but in the end the prices have to be enough to be commercially-viable, to provide a decent budget to the manager and to make up some of the head-start the established league teams have in terms of years of sustained funding and sponsorship while we've been having 17 away fans visiting for the last six years.

It's also pretty disappointing to hear some of the hyperbolic stuff about "resigning in shame", given that the Trust have put a lot into making the club better and give up a lot of their time to do so.  I'm sure people will calm down and reconsider in time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO: Mariners Trust Re: Season Ticket prices

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.