10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
pizzzza
May 29, 2016, 5:44pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Okay then he was employed by the club and for a very long time. The cynical side of me wonders how/why someone so close to the club was installed as chairman of an organisation set up to represent the supporters?
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 97
rancido
May 29, 2016, 5:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from pizzzza

Rudrum Is chairman of the Trust? Didn't realise that. Given that he is employed by the club and Fenty's mate that seems very... err... convenient.

FFS how low will some people stoop to try to make a point or a connection !!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 97
barralad
May 29, 2016, 5:52pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from pizzzza
Okay then he was employed by the club and for a very long time. The cynical side of me wonders how/why someone so close to the club was installed as chairman of an organisation set up to represent the supporters?

Or conversely you could conclude that someone who had a job that interacted with fans on a daily basis and who is known and respected by the club is ideally placed to be the figurehead of a supporters organisation. Terry has been there and is in a unique position to represent the matchday needs of fans in very regular discussions with the powers that be.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 97
barralad
May 29, 2016, 5:56pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Davec
Disappointed in the trust I am after reading that

Yes it's good that you can gain free membership

And I think the price rises are fair

I'm disappointed that there is no new schemes or ideas used which suit shift workers etc, however in that article it does say they are looking at a loyalty scheme so that'll be interesting to see

I'm not a shift worker btw

Perhaps you could shelve your disappointment until the details of the Trust's initiative are known?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 97
mimma
May 29, 2016, 7:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
I was a shift worker for over 30 years & bought a season ticket every year. I don't know what it is like where you work but I use to get the guys that I was relieving to stay behind or come in early & pay them the time back in kind at their convenience.

Never missed a home game..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 97
gtfc98
May 29, 2016, 7:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Unfortunately whilst there was initially only £20 increase on season tickets one of the club's main sponsors has today advance purchased the full allocation and is retailing them at £950 each. Yeah, it's really fair isn't it....

Disappointed that Rob has let the club bully him into censoring people expressing their opinion on this individual. Freedom of speech doesn't apply here?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 97
toontown
May 30, 2016, 10:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Can't believe people are moaning about a couple of quid increase to watch league football. The phrase some people are never happy unless they're moaning springs to mind. The club has been away from the league for 6 years and it was inevitable prices would rise as we have to compete, and is completely fair for a higher level of football.

The pricing increase for juniors on the other hand I think some people may have a point, did it have to rise so steeply, building a young fan Base is so important for the future. Esp in this world of wall to wall premiershite tv  . Sure prices could rise but did they have to rise by so much, I don't have all the info the club does though so perhaps the decision was justified.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 97
rancido
May 30, 2016, 10:51am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from gtfc98
Unfortunately whilst there was initially only £20 increase on season tickets one of the club's main sponsors has today advance purchased the full allocation and is retailing them at £950 each. Yeah, it's really fair isn't it....

Disappointed that Rob has let the club bully him into censoring people expressing their opinion on this individual. Freedom of speech doesn't apply here?

Maybe I've misread this but does that mean that anyone who wants a season ticket must now go through a third party and pay £950 regardless of concessions etc ?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 97
RossFish
June 5, 2016, 4:36pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +46
I have a few questions about buying a season ticket from someone that hasn't had 1 for a while:
1) What is a season ticket application pack (detailed here: http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/season-ticket-prices-announced-3127423.aspx) and why is it necessary? Can I just go to the club shop and buy one?
2) Are season tickets on sale for existing season ticket holders first?
3) Can i go to the ground and pick my seat in person?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 97
Nelly GTFC
June 5, 2016, 5:46pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,743
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from RossFish
I have a few questions about buying a season ticket from someone that hasn't had 1 for a while:
1) What is a season ticket application pack (detailed here: http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/season-ticket-prices-announced-3127423.aspx) and why is it necessary? Can I just go to the club shop and buy one?
2) Are season tickets on sale for existing season ticket holders first?
3) Can i go to the ground and pick my seat in person?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
1) It's just an info pack, I think it has merchandise booklet, gold bond / mariners trust info etc, you can fill in the application.  You can just go in the shop and  buy one.

2) Season ticket holders seats are held for the first six weeks early bird time I think, someone will probally confirm that.

3) Yes you can.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket prices announced

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.