diehardmariner
May 27, 2016, 12:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from lukeo
how is it a headache? took me all of 2 minutes to think of that idea and type it up on here!  

#LukeoIn

I wouldn't fancy working out season tickets for shift workers or for Saturday only games.   To avoid over/under selling capacity would take some working out and a great detail of planning.  Maybe something people employed by the club could do...
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 97
Tommy
May 27, 2016, 12:54pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Like others,don't mind the ticket increases for adults. But the juniors thing could've been done better. Would like to hear the logic behind the decisions there.

Surely the junior tickets don't have to be a "sustainable" price. It's just a "loss leader" you accept not making much out of immediately, but that will pay out long term by way of merchanddise/catering sales and the biggest thing of cementing a possible lifelong supporter of GTFC.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 97
HackneyHaddock
May 27, 2016, 2:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
People on one thread moaning about not signing good enough players and budget restrictions, then on this one moaning at a 38p per week increase in the cost of seeing football in the league above where we've been for 6 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 97
DickBarton
May 27, 2016, 3:30pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: -355
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah, just ignore the issue and bumble on as usual. That sort of short term thinking got the club in trouble in the first place.

By the way, celebrating promotion isn't short term thinking and it didn't get us in trouble either. You keep nitpicking if it makes you happy and I'll keep celebrating because that makes me happy.
🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆👏👏👏👏👏👏

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 97
diehardmariner
May 27, 2016, 3:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
People on one thread moaning about not signing good enough players and budget restrictions, then on this one moaning at a 38p per week increase in the cost of seeing football in the league above where we've been for 6 years.

I don't think anyone is moaning about the slight increase for the adult tickets.  

The 'moaning' is about the lack of foresight and imagination on the clubs behalf.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 97
moosey_club
May 28, 2016, 12:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,246
Gold Stars: 226
For the record ...i was considering getting a season ticket...i am not now.
I know i will miss at least 3 or 4 games a season due to work commitments so to pay out increased costs, upfront for the benefit of two free games doesnt make sense, added to that the lead argument from the club appears to be " well everyone else has upped their entry fee in the 6 years we've been out" then as a few feared , the decision and implementation of an across the board rise seems lazy and ill thought out.

Off the back of operation promotion, you know...were we all chipped in extra over and above any entry fee's,put OUR hard earned money up before we had signed any players,  i really hoped the club would buy a bit more loyalty by at least freezing prices.  

I would expect a slight natural increase in early gates with attendances bouyed by interested returning or new fans and what i can only imagine will be at least 400% increase in away support revenue, the club has also mentioned that promotion would be worth £1m so potential income would be higher anyway.

I ultimately dont have to stand the clubs debt so easy for me to say but with the above factors then the club have one less potential ST sale.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 97
Jaws
May 28, 2016, 1:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Think this has been well blown out of proportion. A loss-making business increases prices in hope of breaking even.

Of course they'd do it when there's a feel-good factor it softens the blow of those who might not come at £20 a game.

Best not go to the petrol station, supermarket or pub!
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 97
grimps
May 28, 2016, 5:23am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,127
Gold Stars: 46
There's some miserable minge bags on here , look if you cant afford 50p for online ticket costs or you can't afford to pay 20 quid more for a season ticket then you shouldn't be wasting what little money you have on football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 97
DickBarton
May 28, 2016, 7:19am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: -355
Drop the ticket prices, drop the quality, and drop back down again, or.......................

Increase the prices, increase the quality, increase our staus to league 1.

Every little helps!

We're on our way..............

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 97
headingly_mariner
May 28, 2016, 9:02am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from moosey_club
For the record ...i was considering getting a season ticket...i am not now.
I know i will miss at least 3 or 4 games a season due to work commitments so to pay out increased costs, upfront for the benefit of two free games doesnt make sense, added to that the lead argument from the club appears to be " well everyone else has upped their entry fee in the 6 years we've been out" then as a few feared , the decision and implementation of an across the board rise seems lazy and ill thought out.

Off the back of operation promotion, you know...were we all chipped in extra over and above any entry fee's,put OUR hard earned money up before we had signed any players,  i really hoped the club would buy a bit more loyalty by at least freezing prices.  

I would expect a slight natural increase in early gates with attendances bouyed by interested returning or new fans and what i can only imagine will be at least 400% increase in away support revenue, the club has also mentioned that promotion would be worth £1m so potential income would be higher anyway.

I ultimately dont have to stand the debt so easy for me to say but with the above factors then the club have one less potential ST sale.

It just seems like a massive missed opportunity from the club, they could have sold more season tickets than ever off the back of a clever initiative, I'm not even talking about reducing prices, just not increasing them. I can't see the logic in the increases for kids and youths, they are the future and we have a massive opportunity to hook them for life. You just have to wonder how the club came to this decision and if the trust were involved with it?

I'll be renewing, but it just takes away from some of the positive mood for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket prices announced

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.