Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Craig Clay interview in Telegraph.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 308 Guests

Craig Clay interview in Telegraph.

This thread currently has 3,633 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
May 26, 2016, 11:20pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
What a top guy he is also,

quote -

KEEPING the likes of Toto Nsiala and James McKeown can propel Grimsby Town to Football League glory next season.

That's according to Craig Clay – one of TEN players released by Mariners boss Paul Hurst earlier in the week.

Of course, the central midfielder was naturally disappointed to see his two-year spell at Blundell Park brought to an end.

However, with the right additions – and two key re-signings – Clay feels the Mariners can build on their recent promotion in League Two.

He told the Telegraph: "If you look at Bristol Rovers, they kept a core group together and brought in a few players.

"I have no doubts Grimsby will be up and around the promotion places again.

"For me, the two key players are Toto (Nsiala) and Macca (James McKeown).

"If both of those decide to stay, it would be two massive signings for the club to build on in the Football League.

"I think Toto could play at a very high level – especially if he doesn't keep getting as frustrated as he does!

"He's a top, top player. If they keep those two, there's no reason why Grimsby can't do well yet again next season."

"It's one of those things, and something that every footballer has to deal with at some point in their career.

"You have to respect the gaffer and his choice – I'm sure he's already got some other targets in mind.

"I have to crack on and find a new club – but my two years at Grimsby were the best of my footballing career.

"I played at least 30 or 35 games each season.

"We didn't quite make it last year, so it was amazing to go one step further, and I'm so proud to have been part of the squad that got Grimsby back in the Football League."

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
kevikov
May 26, 2016, 11:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
Fair play to him. Best wishes Craig.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
chaos33
May 26, 2016, 11:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Feel for him. He must be hurting and has put a brave face on it and been professional and gracious. Put yourself in his shoes for a minute and imagine his disappointment after what we've achieved. To be deemed not good enough to get another contract to finally play league football. Whether you think he should have been retained or not, you've got to empathise with him. He's an honest, dedicated pro. Thanks for all your efforts Craig Clay. You will be remembered fondly and you did a good job. Good luck to him in future.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
dapperz fun pub
May 27, 2016, 12:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Thanks Craig
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
ginnywings
May 27, 2016, 12:47am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,123
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chaos33
Feel for him. He must be hurting and has put a brave face on it and been professional and gracious. Put yourself in his shoes for a minute and imagine his disappointment after what we've achieved. To be deemed not good enough to get another contract to finally play league football. Whether you think he should have been retained or not, you've got to empathise with him. He's an honest, dedicated pro. Thanks for all your efforts Craig Clay. You will be remembered fondly and you did a good job. Good luck to him in future.

Well put. I think it was the right decision to move him on, but i do feel for him and have said previously that he will always be remembered as one of the squad that got us back in the league, and for that i'll be forever grateful and wish him well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
Marinerz93
May 27, 2016, 7:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Agreed, forever grateful to the part he played in our promotion and best wishes from me.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
DocTower
May 27, 2016, 7:25am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
If he has trouble finding a new club and we are thin on the ground trying to sign players I would certainly have him back .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
big al
May 27, 2016, 8:14am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
If he played like he did at Southport, all the time, he would have been one of the first on my team sheet. An intelligent player will real finesse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
Garth
May 27, 2016, 9:04am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Good Luck and thanks Craig, absolute certain to get another club soon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
moosey_club
May 27, 2016, 9:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,242
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from chaos33

Glass half full or half empty ?
Craig was good enough to play in a team that made Wembley three times during his 2 season spell and won promotion.....nothing to be disappointed about there.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Craig Clay interview in Telegraph.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.