Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Monkhouse...Stay or go?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 205 Guests

Monkhouse...Stay or go?

This thread currently has 6,233 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
May 23, 2016, 4:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,802
Gold Stars: 222
He was a class player and does not deserve to be kicked  about in the lower leagues,

Only he and Paul knows if he has got another year left in his legs,

I don't think he has but what do I know ?

I did not think Paul would get us promoted.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 42
OllieGTFC
May 23, 2016, 4:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
He might go to FGR Or Eastleigh money talks

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 42
dapperz fun pub
May 23, 2016, 4:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,017
Gold Stars: 83
Started well  but he faded as the season went on , personally id like to thank him for his efforts but let him go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 42
eadiee1973
May 23, 2016, 5:03pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +176
FWIW Monkey was brilliant for us during the season when we beat you in play off final last year.  But he was good because he had a great pairing with our full back Lee Brown. Together they tied up that side of pitch and LB has missed his defensive work this year but Bodin has been better. Put in diagonal balls and he had good chance with headers but even last season we were having similar threads on our forum about keeping him and asking all the questions you are. In the end the contract offered to him was one we all felt he would turn down which he did. But he will always be popular here for helping us get promotion and ending the darkest chapter in our history.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 42
gtfc98
May 23, 2016, 5:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,060
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from eadiee1973
FWIW Monkey was brilliant for us during the season when we beat you in play off final last year.  But he was good because he had a great pairing with our full back Lee Brown. Together they tied up that side of pitch and LB has missed his defensive work this year but Bodin has been better. Put in diagonal balls and he had good chance with headers but even last season we were having similar threads on our forum about keeping him and asking all the questions you are. In the end the contract offered to him was one we all felt he would turn down which he did. But he will always be popular here for helping us get promotion and ending the darkest chapter in our history.

I don't think you served enough time to call it a chapter! More of a paragraph  

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 42
eadiee1973
May 23, 2016, 5:47pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +176
Just as well!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 42
Rodley Mariner
May 23, 2016, 6:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I wonder if he'll become a coach at Town or elsewhere. Seems to be extremely highly regarded by those who've worked with him both professionally and personally.

I don't think he's what we need next season and would like to see more width and pace. I do think a lot are overlooking the fact that the best we looked all season was when Townsend was in the team but a large part of that was the way Monkhouse dove-tailed with him and did a lot of his defensive work so he could get forward so effectively. A few on here seem to need a scapegoat even now which seems bizarre given what happened in the past couple of weeks!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
chaos33
May 23, 2016, 9:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,969
Gold Stars: 360
I agree with Rodley.

I'm sorry to see him getting so many disrespectful or dismissive comments. He's been a great pro and has made a significant contribution to our promotion, especially in the first half of the season. I wish him well whatever happens next.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
Tinymariner
May 23, 2016, 9:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Wish him well but he has to go and help York or another Conference team, not L2 standard.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 42
fiveallive
May 23, 2016, 10:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Paul Hurst said the team has been criticized this season has been unfair, but he kept Monkhouse in the team all season even when injured, and players like Marshall and Mackreth never got a look in. The Townsend and Monkhouse pairing did work, just like it worked at bristol rovers season before with there LB being similar to Townsend.

The situation where in is this year we missed a Aswad Thomas type LB who can get forward and get crosses in just like Townsend did, when you got Gregor Robertson or a Horwood it hasn't worked all season, and every fan in the ground can see but Hurst has stuck with him all season.

I like Gregor Robertson has a LB, and he should be kept next season has a back up to a younger athletic LB.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Monkhouse...Stay or go?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.