6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
May 4, 2016, 9:43pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from RonMariner

What on earth is the point of a club where only 117 fans can be arsed to turn up for a play off semi? Ridiculous.

I know! We should have a salary cap to stop individuals elevating teams far above their natural support level.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 51
Madeleymariner
May 4, 2016, 9:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Trent_Mariner1
Think Pipe should have gone for that challenge at the end.

Not as bad as one earlier which was a real 2 footer by Marsh Brown I think
Got to say looking at that tonight why do we fear these teams, playing at two thirds our ability we should murder them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
RonMariner
May 4, 2016, 10:38pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,799
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from GrimRob

I know! We should have a salary cap to stop individuals elevating teams far above their natural support level.

A club should represent a community in some form. Currently many of them represent nothing more than the ego of some super rich patron .

Such clubs just have no real foundation. it's like Coyne Dynamos, or Rushden and Diamonds. When the sugar daddy gets bored or finds a new hobby the clubs fold. History and tradition do mean something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
RonMariner
May 4, 2016, 10:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Trent_Mariner1
Think Pipe should have gone for that challenge at the end.

Didn't he play for Newport and kick us all over the park?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
Golden fox
May 4, 2016, 10:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
I get the point and I know FGR are bankrolled , but the  attendance argument has always/does make me cringe ..... What about us when we were in the championship ? Genuinely 'punching above our weight ' everyone deserves a shot however it comes . There's just different ways of going about it .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
RonMariner
May 4, 2016, 10:51pm

Special Brew Drinker
I think there is a difference between a smaller club doing well because they are well run, have a great team spirit and punch above their weight, and a non entity club being bankrolled to buy their way ahead of the competition.

I am all for the underdogs, and am delighted to see Leicester beat the money bag outfits.

But these 'executive toy' clubs are just tackle extensions.      
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
RonMariner
May 4, 2016, 10:53pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner
I think there is a difference between a smaller club doing well because they are well run, have a great team spirit and punch above their weight, and a non entity club being bankrolled to buy their way ahead of the competition.

I am all for the underdogs, and am delighted to see Leicester beat the money bag outfits.

But these 'executive toy' clubs are just tackle extensions.      

And that's 'tackle' spelt with a p and ending in an s
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 51
Golden fox
May 4, 2016, 10:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
What about the 'hardcore' fans of teams like FGR and the like though , it must be like Christmas has come early . Let's be honest we would all snap a 'sugar daddy's' hand off to come in and do the same at Town ! Anyone who says different is trying to convince themselves .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 51
RonMariner
May 4, 2016, 11:02pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Golden fox
What about the 'hardcore' fans of teams like FGR and the like though , it must be like Christmas has come early . Let's be honest we would all snap a 'sugar daddy's' hand off to come in and do the same at Town ! Anyone who says different is trying to convince themselves .

I agree. and if I won £100 million on the euro lottery I would definitely buy us back into the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
HertsGTFC
May 4, 2016, 11:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Golden fox

I am not sure VGR where ever know for their Ultras.....

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dover v VGR

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.