HackneyHaddock
April 16, 2016, 10:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Rik e B

If you want the club to go up you play your 30 goal striker not a crock who not match fit (nowt personal JPP) and bring on a Diddy right back instead of him.

I understand your sentiment, have always been pro-Hurst and I agree we need to stick together but I'm absolutely at a loss to defend to total insanity shown again and again and again at the minute.

IF we spawn promotion stuttering and bumbling over the line I still think all the anti-Hursters will be dead right in what they have been saying.

Not The Grimsby Way.

I don't disagree with any of that, and found the tactics baffling, particularly the reversion to the "Monkhousan-Syndrome" (diagonal hoofs to nowhere somewhere on the wing).

For me, I want Bogle and Amond up front, Stewart playing a part and for us to get it on the ground and play through teams as we all know they can.  I still think we have a great chance to go up and a playoff line-up of Forest Green Rovers, Dover Athletic and Braintree Town shouldn't worry us.

So that's why I'm backing the team and keeping my torch and pitchfork locked away until the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 84
ackomariner
April 16, 2016, 10:48pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from GrimRob

If you think the bookies are wrong then flipping put a bet on! I did when they offered 2000/1 on Leicester to win the league.

Not a betting man, work to hard for my money and three kids to feed.

You got money on town to go up? Someone on here always asks you but you never answer him.

If I was a betting man, I would say you haven't .

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 84
Marinerz93
April 16, 2016, 10:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Davec
I think Fenty tells Rob of what to post

If Rob doesn't do what Fenty says then Fenty will close down The Fishy again

Completely wrong and the exact opposite of how it is.

Rob has had a lot of sleepless nights being the guardian of the fishy and if you read his posts is not a Fenty puppet.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 84
KingstonMariner
April 16, 2016, 10:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mariner93er
It really pisses me off when you get sarcastic comments like 'the mighty mighty dover'. Grimsby town football club wasn't created with a divine right to be above any football other club. Our history doesn't give us any right to regard ourselves as above dover. Dover are clearly a good team in this league, and although a win is desirable, the reaction there has been to gaining a point away to a team above us in the league is so over dramatic it's ridiculous. Yes hursts tactics and selection were questionable, but the result was acceptable.

Our history doesn't give us any right. Of course not. No one is saying that. But we're talking about a club who can only get 1900 for a game such as today. Clearly they won't have our resources. They were not very good. I saw it with my own eyes. We have a squad easily better than theirs. Yet we cravenly set out to counter them rather than go out to win. Surrendering the initiative again.

The result is not acceptable when we are clearly capable of doing better. If I was say, a Woking fan, I would have been happy with it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 84
HertsGTFC
April 16, 2016, 10:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

I don't disagree with any of that, and found the tactics baffling, particularly the reversion to the "Monkhousan-Syndrome" (diagonal hoofs to nowhere somewhere on the wing).

For me, I want Bogle and Amond up front, Stewart playing a part and for us to get it on the ground and play through teams as we all know they can.  I still think we have a great chance to go up and a playoff line-up of Forest Green Rovers, Dover Athletic and Braintree Town shouldn't worry us.

So that's why I'm backing the team and keeping my torch and pitchfork locked away until the end of the season.

FGR have dipped and admittedly we could beat them, Dover? Based upon today and a dodgy pen in the home tie they will be a challenge. Braintree? Again we should be able to beat them too. If Eastleigh make it we can beat them........................... BUT!! We at the moment are playing gash so you never can tell.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 84
Chrisblor
April 16, 2016, 10:55pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,790
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from GrimRob

If you think the bookies are wrong then flipping put a bet on! I did when they offered 2000/1 on Leicester to win the league.

The bookies had Amond as nailed on top scorer a couple of weeks ago. Now Dan Holman is the top scorer in the league...but supposedly the bookies are always right?

Statistics and odds don't always tell the whole story.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 84
GrimRob
April 16, 2016, 11:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ackomariner

Not a betting man, work to hard for my money and three kids to feed.

You got money on town to go up? Someone on here always asks you but you never answer him.

If I was a betting man, I would say you haven't .

I had over £100 on us at the start of the season. I hardly ever cash bets in because I won't take rip-off odds but Bet365 actually allowed me to cash in for a small profit after 3 games. so I bit their hand off because we had an awful start and FGR were miles ahead at that stage.

Generally, I won't bet on us in this division because I am not a favourite backer and we start virtually every game as favourites or close favourites. I've backed us plenty of times in the football league.

It amazes me more people on here don't bet seriously, especially if you watch live lower league football regularly, it should give you an edge. I make plenty of money from football betting and other people can read the game far better than I can. These days I rely on increasingly my models and I have even written my own software to put my bets on, but even with my own intuition I reckon I can win, or at least break even.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 76 - 84
TAGG
April 16, 2016, 11:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from GrimRob

I had over £100 on us at the start of the season. I hardly ever cash bets in because I won't take rip-off odds but Bet365 actually allowed me to cash in for a small profit after 3 games. so I bit their hand off because we had an awful start and FGR were miles ahead at that stage.

Generally, I won't bet on us in this division because I am not a favourite backer and we start virtually every game as favourites or close favourites. I've backed us plenty of times in the football league.

It amazes me more people on here don't bet seriously, especially if you watch live lower league football regularly, it should give you an edge. I make plenty of money from football betting and other people can read the game far better than I can. These days I rely on increasingly my models and I have even written my own software to put my bets on, but even with my own intuition I reckon I can win, or at least break even.

Nar nar ne nar nar 😛

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 84
HertsGTFC
April 16, 2016, 11:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GrimRob

I don't bet as someone recently said when you go to the bookie "there are 5 windows for paying in and 2 for paying out" that says everything TBH.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 84
jonnyboy82
April 16, 2016, 11:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from GrimRob

Right so you have a go at people on here for not having faith and yet you cash out after about 3 games.

Quickscoped.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Off you go Hurst, your time is up

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.