3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
mariner marc
November 22, 2011, 10:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Quoted from Port vale
good thing from my point of view.

I see that Grimsby fans don't rate him, but when i saw him at Vale last week, he looked solid and commanding in the air. Some of you may laugh but just thought i would share my view from an opposing teams view of things.

would go with that view.Not the best on the ball but certainly a committed player

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
Perkins
November 22, 2011, 10:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
I done know if anyone else noticed but Kempson was limping on and off most of the game against Newport, so if that was the case it may explain his poor performance. Out of all our centre backs Kempson is one of the best two, if not the best!

It doesn't explain his poor performances all season. Possibly the worst centre back i have seen in 50 odd years watching the Mariners.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
forza ivano
November 22, 2011, 10:51am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,301
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Perkins

It doesn't explain his poor performances all season. Possibly the worst centre back i have seen in 50 odd years watching the Mariners.

Well you can't have seen many games in the last 50 years perkins - colin blant, vance warner, simon grand, graham cawthorne, richard hope, matt hayward,greg young, ashley fickiling, paul linwood,paul raven are your starters for ten (please feel free to add the many others who are worse than kempson - there were quite a few in the mid to late 70s if i remember correctly)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
AndyGTFC
November 22, 2011, 11:30am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Will be interesting to see how we do without him tonight. I can see why he's in the side, he's experienced compared to the others and he is a decent stopper but he's really prone to making mistakes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
Garth
November 22, 2011, 11:42am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from AndyGTFC
Will be interesting to see how we do without him tonight. I can see why he's in the side, he's experienced compared to the others and he is a decent stopper but he's really prone to making mistakes.

As you do at this or any other level, still a decent CB who requires coaching from an experienced defender/ers, Err hang on a minute  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
davmariner
November 22, 2011, 2:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,973
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Perkins

You've clearly never seen Donkey Kong play then! (Matt Heywood).

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kempson Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.