Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sack one of them.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 65 Guests

Sack one of them.

This thread currently has 4,211 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
November 22, 2011, 5:00pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,474
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from LH
I've been to the Madejski a couple of times in the last year or so and their fans moan a hell of a lot more than ours.

If you think about it probably at least half football fans are unhappy at any one time. Only those near the top can really be happy, and often even being near the top is not good enough (e.g. Chelsea, Man Utd). A few near the bottom are just happy to be in a higher division than they probably merit, but other than that most fans think their team should be much higher than they actually are (at least 75% I say). If you look around us in the Blue Square leagues it is littered with carcases of once famous clubs who in their heyday were amongst the top teams in the country (my grandad would often say how Grimsby were a top side in the 30s until Hitler invaded Poland and the long decline began), and their fans all probably have delusions of grandeur they don't merit. So moaning is the natual state of your typical fan, although personally I reckon Grimbarians are the best glumblers in the country.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 46
ginnywings
November 22, 2011, 5:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,156
Gold Stars: 548
All footy fans moan and all think their team should be top of the league.Obviously that can't happen.

Football is a release for most people after a week at work,maybe with a sh1t boss/being nagged by the wife/driven mad by the kids.

If they get their release by cheering and singing a good performance and victory,then fine.If not,then a good moan and boo will suffice.

It's human nature.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
cmackenzie4
November 22, 2011, 5:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.22
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,346
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from ginnywings
All footy fans moan and all think their team should be top of the league.Obviously that can't happen.

Football is a release for most people after a week at work,maybe with a sh1t boss/being nagged by the wife/driven mad by the kids.If they get their release by cheering and singing a good performance and victory,then fine.If not,then a good moan and boo will suffice.

It's human nature.

Tell me about it Ginnywings.  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
upthestripes
November 22, 2011, 5:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Tell me about it Ginnywings.  

Seeing as your wife is now a member Chris you'll have to make it clear you just meant work!

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
cmackenzie4
November 22, 2011, 5:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from upthestripes

Seeing as your wife is now a member Chris you'll have to make it clear you just meant work!

Luckily Ian she doesen,t come on here much   i will just deny everything if she sees it  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
upthestripes
November 22, 2011, 5:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Luckily Ian she doesen,t come on here much   i will just deny everything if she sees it  

I'll back you up mate lol. You will owe me a pint though

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
cmackenzie4
November 22, 2011, 6:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from upthestripes

I'll back you up mate lol. You will owe me a pint though

i,ll say it was Pete  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sack one of them.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.